TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Dr. George Car Show Hosted By Palm Springs Crusin' Assoc.

Fontech

Here is the details of the Dr. George Car Show

Dr. George Car Show 2010

Location: California. Indian Wells Tennis Garden (92210) - on the grass.

Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Phone: 760-360-9798

Website: www.palmspringscruisinassociation.com/DrGeorgeCarShow.htm

Other Info:

Show Car Categories: All cars, motorcycles, trucks are invited! We had over 900 entries in 2009.

Show Car Entry: Pre-Registration, $30 (by 1/23/10. Form is on Web Site); $35 at the gate.

Who: Special guest judges, Sam Foose (Chip�s Dad) and Gary Meadors (Goodguys founder).

Featuring: Raffle, silent auction, 50/50 drawing, vendors, food, music, and trophies.

All proceeds benefit the Desert Cancer Foundation.

Spectators: $2.00

Parking: $5.00

Presented By: The Palm Springs Cruisin� Association (Non-profit).

Special Note: Sorry�No pets.

For Immediate Release INDIAN WELLS, California: December 2009

Charity Car Show Offers Family Fun

Welcome! On Saturday, February 13th, 2010, the annual Dr. George Memorial Car Show will be celebrating its eighth year. There will be over 900 of the finest custom and classic cars, trucks, motorcycles, and vintage fire trucks from all over the country. These stunning vehicles will be on the grass at the beautiful Indian Wells Tennis Garden, at the corner of Washington Street and Miles Avenue.

This is a fun, family event that will feature food, music, vendors, a raffle, silent auction, and 50/50 drawing. It will start at 9:00 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and will conclude at 3:00 p.m. with trophy presentations. Our special guest judges will be two legends in the custom car industry: car designer Sam Foose and the founder of the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, Gary Meadors.

Show car pre-registration is $30 (Deadline: 1/23/10); $35 at the gate. Register soon, space is limited. Pre-Registration form: www.PalmSpringsCruisinAssociation.com. Click on Dr. George. Spectators $2.00. Parking $5.00. Sorry, no pets.

The Palm Springs Cruisin� Association (PSCA) will present the show and all proceeds will benefit the non-profit Desert Cancer Foundation. For more information call: 760-360-9798 or visit: www.PalmSpringsCruisinAssociation.com

Enlarge Flyer and Registration Form

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Alex (VaporGT500) has offered his place of business to meet at in Palm Springs, CA. Here is his web site for the address:

Alex's Place- Mackenzie's Mustang Supplies

Shop Address: 401 Radio Rd, Unit B7, Palm Springs, CA 92262.

For those of you coming from the 10 E, get off on 111 heading E an take to the 2nd stoplight (about 10 miles) which is San Rafael...take 2 blocks to the 1st left you can make which is McCarthy....McCarthy turns to the right and becomes Radio Rd, Shop is on the right.

We will meet there at 7:00am on February 13, 2010 and leave there at 7:15am. His place is about 15 minutes away.

Cruise from The OC area will be at:

Starbucks

1260 E Ontario Ave, Corona, CA 92881

(951) 734-8451

Located in the Albertson Store

Starbucks Map

Meet at 5:00am, which is also when Starbucks opens up at. happy%20feet.gif

Leave at 5:30am

The cruise will be about 73 miles or 1 1/2 hours, which will be perfect to be at Alex's place by 7:00am

Please Note that this a VERY LATE POST. The deadline for pre-registration is January 23, 2010. They do offer same day registration for $5.00 more.

Please post if you would like to part of the 1st Car Show of 2010. I have never been to this car show, but understand that this is more of a "Display Car Show", which is OK with me.

Tom

Team Shelby Members Coming

(Fontech) Tom, Meet at Corona's Starbucks

(VaporGT500) Alex, Meet at Alex's Shop

(ShelbyCS8) Jason and April, Meet at Alex's Shop

(Redtail) Jim and Donna, Meet at Alex's Shop

(DannyChains) Dan and Laura, Meet at Alex's Shop

(check6) Rob and Leann, Meet at Alex's Shop

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called Tim Smartt, the person in charge of this event. He will allow Team Shelby to pay for the registration after 1/23/10, but must be post marked by 1/31/10.

He also stated that Team Shelby can come in as a group and if some of the TS members are late, we can save the spots for them. Also, if you are extremely busy and forget to register, you still can register the day of the car show and still be able to park with Team Shelby. You would park with the group then register for the show.

Shout Out to Tim Smartt... Thanks...

Tom

Great work on this Tom and nice talking with you this morning. I already have about 5 local customers and friends that are going for sure. Amy went last yearm, so hopefully she will this year too. This is a great show everyone in a very pretty area. If we get enough interest, maybe we can plan a cruise and go somewhere to eat all together...

Alex

LOL....if some of you are coming up the night before, I can hold several people at my house which is 5 minutes from my shop. I can also hold several cars in the shop overnight for those of you that want your cars kept inside overnight before the show.....Just let me know....

Alex

LOL....if some of you are coming up the night before, I can hold several people at my house which is 5 minutes from my shop. I can also hold several cars in the shop overnight for those of you that want your cars kept inside overnight before the show.....Just let me know....

Alex

I'm game Alex. Put me down for me and April, maybe we could do dinner friday night?

I'm game Alex. Put me down for me and April, maybe we could do dinner friday night?

Great...does that mean I have to be up at 4am?

Hopefully you both will in the same Mustang. If so, and you stay at Alex's place, then 4:00am would be later because you would only 5 minutes from Alex's shop.

Tom

Just filled out the registraion form, and will mail it today. If Laura can't make it due to work, I'll bring one of my daughters. We will meet you at Alex's shop in the morning. we are only an hour away.

Dan

Great to have you and Laura at the car show.

Added to Post #1.

Tom

I wwent last year, it was great! Might go again this year

Amy

We will be looking forward for you be to with the group. Keep us posted if we should wait for you at Alex's shop.

Thanks for reading my PM or if Alex contracted you, for you to make the time to respond to this thread.

Tom

That would be so cool. Bring the new GT350!!!

Dan

I like the way you think. That be a killer if it was with the group.

Please line up behind me for the photo session.

Tom

I'm game for what ever you all want to do.....I have Jason and April for staying at my house the night before, and dinner. Any one else is welcome too but once we run out of beds and couches, there is the floor or a hotel. I will also plan a cruise and dinner for those that want to do so after the show to scenic Idylwild which has amazing views and photo ops on the way up and down and a host of great restaurants. This is a great show all, lots of cars, great weather, and a definate worth while event. Hopefully Amy will come again this year.

Alex

We are going to try and make this...number 3 daughter has her first horse show of the season that day....a cruise and dinner afterwords sounds great!

Sounds GREAT. I will add you to Post #1. Perphaps you want to pay the day of, which will be only $5 more and you still can park with us. I would presume you would meet us at Alex's shop.

Tom

I you and Robert are able to make it Leann, it will be great to see you both and the Terlingua!!

I purposly dont have the shop address listed on the website as when I did, I would have looky loos stopping buy all the time with out appointments, which slows things down when we are working on a big project.

Shop Address: 401 Radio Rd, Unit B7, Palm Springs, CA 92262. For those of you coming from the 10 E, get off on 111 heading E an take to the 2nd stoplight (about 10 miles) which is San Rafael...take 2 blocks to the 1st left you can make which is McCarthy....McCarthy turns to the right and becomes Radio Rd, Shop is on the right.

Alex

we plan on meeting at alex shop also. i plan on taking the Roush 428 . he hasnt been out sense SEMA

and as Donna say's he's kicking the stall to get out

JIM

LOL...it will be great to see you and Donna again and the Roush

Alex

I you and Robert are able to make it Leann, it will be great to see you both and the Terlingua!!

I purposly dont have the shop address listed on the website as when I did, I would have looky loos stopping buy all the time with out appointments, which slows things down when we are working on a big project.

Shop Address: 401 Radio Rd, Unit B7, Palm Springs, CA 92262. For those of you coming from the 10 E, get off on 111 heading E an take to the 2nd stoplight (about 10 miles) which is San Rafael...take 2 blocks to the 1st left you can make which is McCarthy....McCarthy turns to the right and becomes Radio Rd, Shop is on the right.

Alex

Added to Post #1

we plan on meeting at alex shop also. i plan on taking the Roush 428 . he hasnt been out sense SEMA

and as Donna say's he's kicking the stall to get out

JIM

Changed Post #1

Looks like there will be plenty of coffee at Starbucks for me. I will be the only one at this stop.

Tom

Archived