TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The real retro GT-350

rush_junky

IMHO, the Shelby GT is much more like the original GT-350 than the one introduced last night. Although I like the hood and engine of the new GT-350, it's a little over-the-top with the styling. Again, IMHO...

For value and looks, today and tomorrow, the SGT is hard to beat. :happy feet:

IMHO, the Shelby GT is much more like the original GT-350 than the one introduced last night. Although I like the hood and engine of the new GT-350, it's a little over-the-top with the styling. Again, IMHO...

+1

The SGT is the one of the best looking cars ever built!. Everytime I see mine I just shake my head and say.......................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the expectations surrounding the new GT350, I'll just say it's hard to live up to a legend. I like the 5.0 motor, hood, striping, old style faux gas cap and interior on the new GT350, but definetly don't like the weight of the car (3,900 lbs) front and rear facias, other styling cues and the price. I think another member said it looks like a big Hot Wheels car. I'll stick with my SGT, which has classic styling, agressive stance, great handling and is just fun to drive.

Dave

I have said this before, the GT is very special, I own one and will keep it, there are others I would sell before this one, but the Gt350 is special as well. It is not to be compared to the SGT, they are different cars, different years, different bodies, different power trains, love the GT, it is special

Amy

I have said this before, the GT is very special, I own one and will keep it, there are others I would sell before this one, but the Gt350 is special as well. It is not to be compared to the SGT, they are different cars, different years, different bodies, different power trains, love the GT, it is special

Amy

Right on, Amy!

Now, when are you guys coming to Florida? I promise the weather will be warmer! We need a "Southern Bash"!

Sam

I agree 100% with "most" all of you.....our '07-'08 SGT's are THE best looking stangs ever built(IMHO)......love the engine in the new GT350, but there are plenty of fast stangs, and for alot less than $60-70k........not sure if Ford or Shelby will ever make a better overall car than ours.....maybe faster, but not better!!

post-25069-12639486452_thumb.jpg

post-25069-12639486452_thumb.jpg

Amy

I think the body style is probably the key... I would guess that for most of us, the 05-09 body relates to the 64-68 styles (mostly 65/66) fairly well, and the 10+ is similar to the 69 body, and when we think of a gt350, it just can't work with that body style... What you built looks really nice, and I really respect the work and design that went into the product, it just can't (in my head) be the gt350 successor...

Amy

Have to agree with Amy on this one I like my 07 SGT but it like new GT 350 is a mixture of stlying cues, I like my 67 Shelby and my 69 Shelby both Shelby both different, I remember when I bought my 87 Shelby GLHS the same comments about the different Dodges came out to each his own, Bruce

Amy,

I love all the work you guys have come up with, I'm lucky to own a SGT and your right it's a different car all in it's own league.

I love the new GT350 also so, not quite in my price range but one can always wish, now with that being said please do a Southern Bash for us Southerners, pretty pleaaaase.....

BTW, I too will not ever get rid of my SGT, having met CS, and him actually signing a piece of my car makes my ride even more worth it to me.

Amy,

I love all the work you guys have come up with, I'm lucky to own a SGT and your right it's a different car all in it's own league.

I love the new GT350 also so, not quite in my price range but one can always wish, now with that being said please do a Southern Bash for us Southerners, pretty pleaaaase.....

BTW, I too will not ever get rid of my SGT, having met CS, and him actually signing a piece of my car makes my ride even more worth it to me.

I love my SGT and would never sell or trade her in, the GT350 is nice but like some one else said it is too Roushey salenish or just to newish. Ithink the 07,08 SGT is the probably the best all around vechile to ever come out of SHELBY. It not only has style it has class and character that I dont think can ever be matched again. You somtimes get a seccond chance to acomplish something special in life and rarley very rarely do you get a chance to duplicate. Mr Shelby acomplished that with the 07, 08 SGTs. Love the GT350 but it just doesent have that same awe and character of our 07 &08 SGTs. My long winded 2 cents worth.

PJ

I love my 08 SGT so much, I'm not a bit tempted to trade it in. While I am a bit jealous of the hp, I don't even envy the GT500s, and the GT350 is too "young" looking for me, though I do like the grille/headlight area. I'm glad I got what ended up being my favorite Shelby product. I'll supercharge eventually, but till then I feel I got the best connection to the original Shelbys, and the best looking car overall. It is great, however, that SA is continuing to produce a variety of cars to appeal to a wider audience, and it is great to have Amy monitor our conversations, look for input, and put up with some of the nonsense that can go on here. Thanks SA and Amy!

I'm surprised that it weighs so much. Over 3900 lbs and the original weighed about 2600 lbs and our SGT's are about 3600 lbs. I know the SC adds about 100 lbs, the larger brakes/rotors might add 25 lbs(??) and the larger wheels maybe another 60 lbs(??).

I'll keep my SGT probably forever (I still have my 92 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo that I bought new) and wait until someone has a GT350 for sale used in the future.

Amy

IMO I think that you guys did an excellent job on the new GT350. I believe that you have catered to the next generation of SHELBY ownwers and I'm sure that's what you were aiming for. GREAT JOB!

Amy

+1000.

Looks a bit to much like a Roush to me. Nice motor though...

Sam

+1

Thats what I thought when I saw the front and rear facias...... However, its still a sweet looking car and I still like the clean lines on the 07-08 SGT.....

Is there anyway to get the retro Shelby gas cap emblem, between the tail lights, to work on the SGT? That is truly Shelby;)

Laurence

Ya know, the more I look at the new body, the more I like it.

That being said, I will never give up my SGT. Sure, I dream of another Shelby in the garage. What kind? Not a clue yet.

The major deal with the SGT...............PRE-TITLE.

Is SA not going to do any more pre-title cars? If you ask me, that is an important question.

Geddy - We couldn't agree with you more...Alex and Neil

I feel lucky to have gotten a piece of history that is so fun to care for. The 07 SGT was the best car purchase I've done and that is the hard thing to live up to. I "like" the GT350 but I love the SGTs and I will try to find a low cost second or clone because it is the perfect car for me.

In 2011 might get a base GT with a drag pak. Grabber Green please!

Mike

My .02 cents on the GT350. The car is a awesome looking car and whether we like it or not this is what it is. I also believe if everybody here could afford one they most likely would buy one, but it is $70K++. So keeping the SGT is probably the only way to go for most all posters here until the economy gets right any way.

The major deal with the SGT...............PRE-TITLE.

Is SA not going to do any more pre-title cars? If you ask me, that is an important question.

I went through the posts to see who noted this most critical aspect of the Shelby GT. Something no one can take away or dispute.

Just like the original Shelby Mustangs.

:shift:

Looks a bit to much like a Roush to me. Nice motor though...

Sam

Except in my opinion the Roush's look much, much better.

I've not been a huge Roush fan until the 2010's. The 2010 Roush's look really nice IMO. I think the Stage 3 is a fabulous car looks wise and performance spec wise. It's only problem is price vs. a GT500.

If you look at the new GT350 (which I am personally really bummed out about because it looks like something a 17 year old would do body kit wise to a GT) and compare it to a Roush stage 3 - there is no comparison. Price wise they are both in the 63k range. The roush looks 10x better IMO and frankly has better motor in it.

Now I owned a Shelby GT/SC which I do think looked VERY nice and that car should have been the GT350. It was much more similar in nature to the original 350 as far as weight, handling and intentions. I may regret selling it someday. I had hopes of a GT350 that would interest me, but wow the new car just does not in any way. I've been in a few dealers lately and when we get to talking the general consensus is... too much money for a car that will interest 17 year olds.

I suspect the GT350 is going to have a real tough time selling vs. the new GT500 when it hits with an aluminum block.

For me and my tastes and needs the GT350 is a gigantic let-down.

I like many wish Shelby had stuck to the less is more. Maybe tune the engine, do some subtle body changes, really go after the suspension, weight, and engine. Throw a new grill on there, maybe some performance style seating, short throw shifter.

Archived