TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 350 price

You know, it is just like everything else in the world- if you want to wear Ralph Lauren, you are going to pay more than twice as much. Do people dog Mr. Lauren for making enough money to own a Bugatti? Clearly he makes good money from his clothing line. Nike manufactures shoes in sweat shops in Asia with child labor for a cost of 2 bucks a shoe, then sells them over here to the masses for 150+ bucks....we call that good business, but when the Shelby name ends up on a CAR, we complain because they clear maybe 15-20% after its all said and done? Im not rich, but I can choose where to spend my money. Owning a Shelby isnt about economic value. This car is a luxury. A luxury that is still a better value than 95% of the auto market out there now. How much are you gonna pay for Lexus, BMW, Porsche, the dreaded Ferrari, and Lambo?

I spent nearly 50k on a truck. Its a nice truck, but still just a truck. Shelby has the inexpensive model already- the Shelby GT, and it is a pre title car making it even MORE of a value. That car will be heralded as the single biggest missed opportunity for the buying public 20 years from now. SGT owners already know that, and if SAI makes another car in that price range, they step on the SGT pedigree. You can buy a GT500 for a meager 10k more, and a KR for 10-12k over that now. Whats wrong with this pricing? Nothing.

If you want a GREAT track car at half the money, buy a used V6, and send it in for the Terlingua package...not many built, and a total cost of maybe 35k? And it looks like a race car right out of the box. Talk about missed opportunities for the "non-rich"! And the way that car sticks to the track and turns...MAN, I would be lined up for one RIGHT NOW if the GT350 hadn't come out. I may get one anyway! :happy feet:

There is a Shelby for every class of driver and every tax bracket. Everyone wants the car they want for the price they can afford, but it just doesnt work that way in real life. Find the Shelby you can afford, and go beat on it! :salute:

One more thought- if you cant afford 35k, there is still a cheaper otion for you- buy a used Shelby Dodge. I see those on ebay and craigslist all day long for 3-5k...thats nothing! A rebate check for the middle class, and I saw a couple Dodges out at the track that did REALLY REALLY well in the intermediate and top class. There you go, truly a price menu that can put anyone into a Shelby...

Archived