TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 350 price

Just did some reading on new Shelby someone tell me if this is correct? post title car you buy ship to and from Shelby base Gt is 30,000 and shelby conversion is apprx 33, ooo with shippiong this ca will cost apprx $65.000. PLUS the dam dealer mark up and you know that is coming hell we have some 08 and one 07 SGT STILL sitting in back of lot with the MARK UP still there hello we are in bad times ref money, please tell me Im wrong on my math, my SGT was only 35.000 in 07 Hmmm I wonder why it did not come in less than GT 500 Bruce

Just did some reading on new Shelby someone tell me if this is correct? post title car you buy ship to and from Shelby base Gt is 30,000 and shelby conversion is apprx 33, ooo with shippiong this ca will cost apprx $65.000. PLUS the dam dealer mark up and you know that is coming hell we have some 08 and one 07 SGT STILL sitting in back of lot with the MARK UP still there hello we are in bad times ref money, please tell me Im wrong on my math, my SGT was only 35.000 in 07 Hmmm I wonder why it did not come in less than GT 500 Bruce

The GT350 is post-title not purchased through Ford or a dealer. Unless you mean mark-up in a 5.0 GT? The GT350, from what I'm reading, is just like the current programs like the Super Snake. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me!

Dealer are going to be able to STOCK GT350s if they are signed up with Shelby as a Shelby Dealer. (Of course Im signed up!!!)

I dont know how many dealer will stock them. They will not be able to floorplan the Shelby Conversion. So unless theres an outside lender the dealer will have to apy CASH for each package (base car can be floorplanned). If you stock 3 GT350 at 30K+ per package the dealer would have 100K invested!! In theses times thats ALOT of money just sitting.

I think if a dealer has the cash to float that theres some room for markup, but anyone that REALLY does thier homework could just go down to the local dealer (or call the local dealer in Perry GA LOL!!!) and order a Mustang GT. Have the dealer drop ship it to Vegas and not worry about paying an ADM on the GT350 package.

MM

In my opinion, this kind of pricing is full up stupid. What happened to affordable performance. 33k on top of the base GT. No thanks. I guess if you have money to burn it might be appealing.

Let the over priced GT350 drama begin!!!! This is a cash cow folks, just like one of my other posts suggested. Buy a GT 5.0, mod it yourself, and it will run just as nice, and cost a lot less... oh yea... you wont own a Shelby. With the tens of thousands of Shelbys on the ground already, and the tens of thousands more to come... diluted or not,, these are going to end up just expensive Mustangs with no real added value. Unless of course you JUST always wanted to own a Shelby. If so, wait a year, buy one for thousands less, just like the ones on used cars lots now. Whatever floats your boat.

I believe it comes down to supply and demand. If I heard correct last night there's only going to be 1300 of these. If that is true then with a say $40K price tag the dealers would be raking in the ADM's on these. SAI is a business and its their product so if they're ultimately going to sell for $60 - $70 if there's only 1300 of them then SAI should get the $$ and not a dealer

just IMHO

If everything stays on course and the sales of the car/package is brisk, the total cap projected for the 350 is 2200 units.

Is that annual or total production?

Total, if sales warrant it. Annual numbers are capped too, but that number depends on how many orders come in for the car. SA can only build so many cars in a given amount of time. The other factor on the annual cap will be how many GT Mustangs FoMoCo can/will produce in the 2011 MY.

Thanks.

:salute:

I can see this future collectible(?) added to many collections, where price doesnt really matter, but (IMO), my '07 sgt is flat-out GORGEOUS compared to this new GT350....and if I really need more speed, I'd much rather add a blower to my 4.6L & save about $30k......but, for some reason, if I did come across $60-70k, I would definitely be looking at a GT500KR instead!!

Based on what was said last night at the unveiling, 2200 TOTAL, not per year. This will be one of the rarest Mustangs built.

Not so. It'll be grouped in with the KR's, SGT's, SS's, SE's, 40ths, and 427's.

Based on my inquiry the base package is $34,900.

Extras are interior upgrade, rear brake upgrade and some other items I can't remember.

A base GT will likely be around $32K.

Add usual tax and delievery items you are up around $70K.

The car should be fast and handle well. More of a track car then the KR or the SS with the latter two really falling into the street muscle car class in my view.

I like the car but would have liked to see it more "retro". I could leave the rear spoiler and the hood markings. I think retro Torque Thrust wheels would have been a better choice aesthetically IMHO. The side pod gauges are too contemporary too IMHO. I also would have run side exhaust ala' the original GT350R.

The car is nice but a little too "boy racer" for my taste. Looks are subjective though. It may grow on me in a while, who knows.

It is pricey, but then so are most of the other Shelby cars. If its limited to 2200 cars it may be worth the price in the long run.

It also is a POST title car ala' SS. So far the KR and the SGT are the only two Shelbys that have been pre title cars. That makes them stand out IMHO.

I still like the KR better but I'm biased. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer are going to be able to STOCK GT350s if they are signed up with Shelby as a Shelby Dealer. (Of course Im signed up!!!)

I dont know how many dealer will stock them. They will not be able to floorplan the Shelby Conversion. So unless theres an outside lender the dealer will have to apy CASH for each package (base car can be floorplanned). If you stock 3 GT350 at 30K+ per package the dealer would have 100K invested!! In theses times thats ALOT of money just sitting.

I think if a dealer has the cash to float that theres some room for markup, but anyone that REALLY does thier homework could just go down to the local dealer (or call the local dealer in Perry GA LOL!!!) and order a Mustang GT. Have the dealer drop ship it to Vegas and not worry about paying an ADM on the GT350 package.

MM

Not sure why you are advertising for the dealer in Perry, Georgia ujnless you work there you can order a Mustang GT anywhere and have it drop-shipped to Shelby I have already spoke to them and you can pay Shelby yourself direct and avoid any dealer markup. I have already done this myself.

Hertz Shelby

Not sure why you are advertising for the dealer in Perry, Georgia ujnless you work there you can order a Mustang GT anywhere and have it drop-shipped to Shelby I have already spoke to them and you can pay Shelby yourself direct and avoid any dealer markup. I have already done this myself.

Hertz Shelby

His name is Michael Morris. He works at Wayne Morris Ford...Do you need a compass and map? :hysterical: Just kidding- being on this site and not knowing who Michael is- well, thats not something we come across very often here... :hysterical:

Michael is a Shelby guy, a moderator of this forum, and has been putting Shelbys in the hands of MANY of us on this forum for years, as cheap as the market will allow. Im ordering mine through MM because he gave me an outstanding price, and service you wont get anywhere else. He has also made sure my car gets in the first production of the 2011 Mustang GTs to ship...that puts me at the top of the build group out in Vegas...This is my second car through him.

Look, you are ordering a Mustang GT...its not complicated, but it better be right, or you will have to eat that car if it has an option not allowed by SAI. I made 1 phone call, and it was a done deal...no grief, no problems...as far as dealer markup, they(SAI) are still ordering through a dealer, and may be ordering yours through Michael anyway....They are splitting them through a few dealers, but Michael's is one of them. Wouldn't that be ironic? :hysterical::lurk:

The bottom line is this: If you have the coin to buy a GT350 then there is no issue, the car is incredible. If you don't have the coin, the car is way over priced and SAI sucks for pricing it that way. In the end this car will be in the hands of the very few and very proud.

The bottom line is this: If you have the coin to buy a GT350 then there is no issue, the car is incredible. If you don't have the coin, the car is way over priced and SAI sucks for pricing it that way. In the end this car will be in the hands of the very few and very proud.

I think with the GT350 SAI had get together again a really good product but I agree with you that 33K for this car is too much like the 750hp SS package. So it looks again that normal people will not have the money to get one of them. :banghead:

Upgrades from Shelby are only for rich people this why I be happy that you can buy most of the parts from them and build your own Shelby together without the Shelby original plates and signs on the car.

Maybe one day they will bring out a great product for people with low budget but then you need to be quick to get one before the rich people have buy all of them. :hysterical:

You got that right, I`ll wadger that they won`t sell that many. The economy I think will play apart in sales.

Archived