TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory Built Car Without Factory Built Options?

Mulanzo

Hey all, new to the forum, long time lurker.....

I was in the market to buy a 2010 or 2011 GT500.....I've been pining over one for over 4 years and I've finally decided to go for it. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a color combination I truly must have.

I am a huge fan of the Grabber Blue with Black striping but they just don't offer that combo and I'm bummed.

Can any of the dealers here or GT500 pros offer a suggestion on what I could do? Could I persuade a dealer to order me a Grabber Blue car with Black stripes and Grabber stripes in the interior? Is there another way around this?

I want to keep it factory or atleast factory OEM parts / decals / seats...

Anyone?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

This is the beast I had in mind...

combons.jpg

Hey all, new to the forum, long time lurker.....

I was in the market to buy a 2010 or 2011 GT500.....I've been pining over one for over 4 years and I've finally decided to go for it. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a color combination I truly must have.

I am a huge fan of the Grabber Blue with Black striping but they just don't offer that combo and I'm bummed.

Can any of the dealers here or GT500 pros offer a suggestion on what I could do? Could I persuade a dealer to order me a Grabber Blue car with Black stripes and Grabber stripes in the interior? Is there another way around this?

I want to keep it factory or atleast factory OEM parts / decals / seats...

Anyone?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

This is the beast I had in mind...

combons.jpg

Hi there Michael, welcome to the forum.

Just order the grabber blue with stripe delete and find a local shop to install black stirpes. You may be able to find the stripes on ebay, or other sources. Or maybe Mfarmdog can help with stripes.

Good luck, the cars are awsome, you will not be disapointed!

Just order the grabber blue with stripe delete and find a local shop to install black stirpes. You may be able to find the stripes on ebay, or other sources. Or maybe Mfarmdog can help with stripes.

Good luck, the cars are awsome, you will not be disapointed!

Hey thanks.... If I got the local shop to install, will they be the same dimensions just like the factory originals or is there a place I can get those? Or was that what you were implying about ebay?

Also, what about getting the black seats with the blue stripes in a grabber blue car? As far as I know the only way the interior stripes will be blue is if the exterior stripes are blue as well... any way around that or is there a place to order factory replacements?

Thanks again.

Hey thanks.... If I got the local shop to install, will they be the same dimensions just like the factory originals or is there a place I can get those? Or was that what you were implying about ebay?

Also, what about getting the black seats with the blue stripes in a grabber blue car? As far as I know the only way the interior stripes will be blue is if the exterior stripes are blue as well... any way around that or is there a place to order factory replacements?

Thanks again.

A stripe delete won't get you blue stripes on the inside. Its suprising that they do not allow for combinations like that. Seems like a no brainer that they should, especially since they do make them for the black/blue and white/blue combinations.

Hey.. thanks for all the suggestions people!

I'll definitely keep all this in mind when it comes time to put the order in. And wow I didn't expect the decal kit to cost that much... although I'm not so much worried about the stripes costing a lot so long as I get a car that I want to drive all the time. Anybody have an idea what factory replacement seat covers would cost?

Hey.. thanks for all the suggestions people!

I'll definitely keep all this in mind when it comes time to put the order in. And wow I didn't expect the decal kit to cost that much... although I'm not so much worried about the stripes costing a lot so long as I get a car that I want to drive all the time. Anybody have an idea what factory replacement seat covers would cost?

There's a guy selling stripes on e-bay, any color/type you want and they are CONSIDERABLY less expensive than what is quoted here.

I think his complete kit (including side rockers) is under 200 bucks. I think I have one of his auctions bookmarked if you can't find it.

Phill

Get the strips painted on.... Thats why I removed mine. I will be going painted strips soon enough though.

Just remember, that when the stripes are painted onto this car, it will look much different. The keen eye of an owner will be able to tell the difference right away. I'm not saying it will be bad...you may like it. But it will definitely look different.

See if there is a member in your area who has a GT500 with painted stripes. Take a good look at that car and make sure you are happy with how it looks. Something like this done right will cost big $$$ so be sure it's what you want

Just remember, that when the stripes are painted onto this car, it will look much different. The keen eye of an owner will be able to tell the difference right away. I'm not saying it will be bad...you may like it. But it will definitely look different.

See if there is a member in your area who has a GT500 with painted stripes. Take a good look at that car and make sure you are happy with how it looks. Something like this done right will cost big $$$ so be sure it's what you want

I am very dissatisfied with black stripes and vinyl in general. I thing to consider if you paint is that you will have a paint edge which will probably require clear coat. On the other hand, you will have a vinyl edge. Six of one...

That is so awesome looking...that is exactly the combo i wanted also. i went with red since i think if i changed the stripes to black the red stripes in the seats will look better than white. i just think the stripe delete cars seats (black stripes) are to plain

Hey Ruiner, if it's not too much to ask, can you take a pic of your car with the door open? I want to see how the red looks on the seats in contrast to the blue exterior. I was considering doing the exact same thing you said but haven't seen a car with the red stripe interior yet. Awesome combo by the way... as a Superman fanatic I nearly blew a nut seeing the Grabber/Red combo... unfortunately my family hates the crap out of it ....those tasteless dummies...

Hey Ruiner, if it's not too much to ask, can you take a pic of your car with the door open? I want to see how the red looks on the seats in contrast to the blue exterior. I was considering doing the exact same thing you said but haven't seen a car with the red stripe interior yet. Awesome combo by the way... as a Superman fanatic I nearly blew a nut seeing the Grabber/Red combo... unfortunately my family hates the crap out of it ....those tasteless dummies...

Yeah people seem to either love the combo or flat out hate it. I agree it is a weird one.

Hope these help they are not very good. These are the ones the dealer took for me before i bought it.

I also checked with Tousley Ford about seat covers and he said you can not order them yet & he has no pricing for them.

14.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by ruiner