TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All weather Tire recomendations

Hello all,

The SGT is due for some new tires. The originals are getting thin and also wearing in the inside of the front tires(time for an alignment too!). I had a twofold question...and I did do a forum search but I was not coming up with much for the stock 18" Bullet rims. First does anyone have some recommendations for a good all weather tire. The SGT has to be driven in the snow at least this winter. When it is real bad I can drive the wife to work but otherwise it gets driven. Secondly this seems like a good time to possibly upgrade to wider tires all the way around so the question is what size tire can I use on all four corners with the stock rims. I was thinking of the Pirelli PZero Nero All Season as they get a better rating on tirerack.com than the OE tires due but I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Actually I have thoguth of a third. I have actully looked at the tires and the tread is good except on the innermost tread on the fronts. The car has 21000 on it. I put them all on and it has never been wrecked or even hit a pothole. What are the odds that I can get at least part of this covered under warranty. It has been serveiced at the dealership and they were supposed to be checking everything and rotating tires...obviously not!

Hello all,

The SGT is due for some new tires. The originals are getting thin and also wearing in the inside of the front tires(time for an alignment too!). I had a twofold question...and I did do a forum search but I was not coming up with much for the stock 18" Bullet rims. First does anyone have some recommendations for a good all weather tire. The SGT has to be driven in the snow at least this winter. When it is real bad I can drive the wife to work but otherwise it gets driven. Secondly this seems like a good time to possibly upgrade to wider tires all the way around so the question is what size tire can I use on all four corners with the stock rims. I was thinking of the Pirelli PZero Nero All Season as they get a better rating on tirerack.com than the OE tires due but I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Actually I have thoguth of a third. I have actully looked at the tires and the tread is good except on the innermost tread on the fronts. The car has 21000 on it. I put them all on and it has never been wrecked or even hit a pothole. What are the odds that I can get at least part of this covered under warranty. It has been serveiced at the dealership and they were supposed to be checking everything and rotating tires...obviously not!

I thought I was the only one confused Read my post in shelby discussions !!! Continental DWS extreme contact are the way to go!! Tirerack.com gave them excelent reviews so did the people that bought them. Plus they are cheap for the bang. I compared these tires to all of the ultra performance tires. These are the winners !!! So guys go to strip bars I go to tire store and sniff away!! Nothing better than a sexy tire that has a great grip. :drool:

I thought I was the only one confused Read my post in shelby discussions !!! Continental DWS extreme contact are the way to go!! Tirerack.com gave them excelent reviews so did the people that bought them. Plus they are cheap for the bang. I compared these tires to all of the ultra performance tires. These are the winners !!! So guys go to strip bars I go to tire store and sniff away!! Nothing better than a sexy tire that has a great grip. :drool:

Thanks for the info Racer. They do look nice. I will have the dealership run the prices on them...surprisingly they are within a few dollars of the best online price when I consider shipping. The stock tires have a little way to go so I think I am going to pop for the MM camber caster plates from the Shelby store before I buy the new tires...hoping the put out a new discount code so I can use it.

Archived