TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Actual RWHP?

Sabregl

Has anybody had their car on a dyno to determine the true RWHP of these cars? I also see that SAI has these cars rated @ 725hp and 750hp? I will be calling them shortly to question this but I thought I would see if any members out there had their own dynos done.

Thanks.

Has anybody had their car on a dyno to determine the true RWHP of these cars? I also see that SAI has these cars rated @ 725hp and 750hp? I will be calling them shortly to question this but I thought I would see if any members out there had their own dynos done.

Thanks.

I did not dyno mine before I modded it, but there are several that have. Seems like the numbers are pretty accurate for crank HP. Most are comming between 590-630. There can be a pretty noticible difference depending on the dyno thats used and the weather.

Thanks.

725 is the OLD original tune.

750 is the NEW tune after 9-1-2010

FRPP SC TVS tune and verts.

605 is the OLD original tune

630 is the NEW tune after 9-1-2010

The parasitic HP loss is approx 15% through the driveline, less on the one-piece aluminum drive shaft. Additional considerations are, atmospheric conditions, temperature, altitude, etc. Also, the all dyno machines/computers are NOT the same.

Good luck with this topic.

Is that Sep 2009 or Jan 2010.

That depends on if you're in the Military or a Civilian! lol

I'm pretty sure that's Sept. 2009.

At least that's about when the Ford Racing site changed their specs. to the newer/higher numbers.

I also noticed that they have just recently changed the photo's of the FRP mufflers on their site. They finally show the "quiet" versions as the big ovals and the "loud" versions as the round ones.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Thanks.

Some of the owners who had 2007/08's and opt'ed for the 725 KB Super Snake were dyno'ing 634-637 rwhp and I remember one 643 quote. Motor Trend recently dyno'ed a 2010 Super Snake with the Ford Racing 750 horse S/C and got 635 rwhp.

R

Thanks.

With a KB S3, 3 " pulley and a tune from John Lund for pump gas [93] you can easily hit high 680's rwhp

The factory tune is 50 state friendly .

http://kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/Shelby/Shelby.htm

DynoTestSummary.gif

Last dyno, 3 in pulley, 93 pump gas

709 rwhp

630 torque

:dance:

That's amazing HP! Are there any issues that need to be addressed when changing to a 3" pulley? Does the car need to be retuned or is it just simply r+r the pulley? Also is the original 725HP pulley 3-1/2" diameter?

Thanks.

That's amazing HP! Are there any issues that need to be addressed when changing to a 3" pulley? Does the car need to be retuned or is it just simply r+r the pulley? Also is the original 725HP pulley 3-1/2" diameter?

Thanks.

I have the KB tune from SAI install, tune is good for 3 1/4, and 3 inch pulley. Have to run 93 octane with the 3 inch.

Yes, the 3 1/4 is the stock SS pulley

Bob

I have the KB tune from SAI install, tune is good for 3 1/4, and 3 inch pulley. Have to run 93 octane with the 3 inch.

Yes, the 3 1/4 is the stock SS pulley

Bob

Thanks Bob

Have you considered going to even a smaller pulley and running race gas or is the risk and headache not worth the gains? I would expect that you have to retune to do this is that correct?

Gregg

Archived