TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pypes Pype Bombs (a Roush alternative)

bpmurr

did you order these and will they fit the 2010 shelby gt500? let me know if you get them and install them

I asked Pypes if they will fit and the answer is yes. The tips are four inches. I haven't ordered yet. I'll probably do so this week.

I asked Pypes if they will fit and the answer is yes. The tips are four inches. I haven't ordered yet. I'll probably do so this week.

It's not the 4" diameter that matters for the '10, it's gotta be one-inch longer than the '07-09's.

Otherwise it'll melt the rear valance.

Phill Pollard

It's not the 4" diameter that matters for the '10, it's gotta be one-inch longer than the '07-09's.

Otherwise it'll melt the rear valance.

Phill Pollard

Yeah the 4" matters. 3.5" and 3 inch outs look very small on the rear valance.

You paid HOW MUCH for a 2010 Shelby GT500 and your looking for a "Cost Effective alternative" to the Roush exhaust :headscratch:

Grampa always said you get what you pay for-

You paid HOW MUCH for a 2010 Shelby GT500 and your looking for a "Cost Effective alternative" to the Roush exhaust :headscratch:

Grampa always said you get what you pay for-

I paid $1k over invoice. It was about $47k plus MD sales tax. I'm not a rich guy by any means. Just because I have a nice car doesn't mean I'm not looking for value. Maybe I should just go blow cash on stuff just because it's more expensive? That Mustang they call the 2011 GT350 sounds like a GREAT DEAL! I should go get one of those ASAP!

I paid $1k over invoice. It was about $47k plus MD sales tax. I'm not a rich guy by any means. Just because I have a nice car doesn't mean I'm not looking for value. Maybe I should just go blow cash on stuff just because it's more expensive? That Mustang they call the 2011 GT350 sounds like a GREAT DEAL! I should go get one of those ASAP!

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like an attack... Congrates on a great purchase price, hope which ever exhaust works out...

=-=-=-=-=--=-=

I originally bought the magnaflow muffler deletes. first set I got the passenger side was not even close to fitting. called magnaflow and almost right away they said they probably put an earlier model year in the 2010 box. I ended up getting a new set sent out to me. Passenger side went on with quite a bit of pushing but the tip was not centered in the rear valance. driver side......not even close no matter how much I pushed on it. ended up just going to a local muffler shop and they had to cut the tip off and put in a little piece to change the angle and make it fit. After a couple months I couldnt stand the off center and smaller tips so broke down and just ordered the Roush offroad pipes. Fit was perfect and sound is the same. If you're really looking to save some money you could stop by a reputable muffler shop in your area and Im sure they can custom make axlebacks for you with whatever tips you want and they would sound the same as the Roush or any other muffler delete

I really liked the SLP Loudmouths on my 2005 GT. This is basically the same thing for $200 bucks. Not a bad price considering the cost of the Roush and the fact SLP doesn't come in 2010 flavor.

Just a quick word on the Pypes Exhaust. They do sound great and construction is great. I did have some fitment issues on the set I had on my 06 gt. The passenger side hung low. Took it to two exhaust shops and they could not get it to fit. All Pypes kept saying was we put them in wrong. I have put exhausts on at least 10 different mustangs. I followed the instructions to the letter and I couldn't get it to fit right and neither could two other shops. If you buy them direct try to install them right away to make them fit. I have heard of others with the first run of gt's that had the same trouble.

Respectfully,

Roger

Just a quick word on the Pypes Exhaust. They do sound great and construction is great. I did have some fitment issues on the set I had on my 06 gt. The passenger side hung low. Took it to two exhaust shops and they could not get it to fit. All Pypes kept saying was we put them in wrong. I have put exhausts on at least 10 different mustangs. I followed the instructions to the letter and I couldn't get it to fit right and neither could two other shops. If you buy them direct try to install them right away to make them fit. I have heard of others with the first run of gt's that had the same trouble.

Respectfully,

Roger

Thanks, I'll be sure to install them right away. Hopefully they've taken the time to test them properly on that Grabber GT.

Yeah the 4" matters. 3.5" and 3 inch outs look very small on the rear valance.

I'm not talking about looks, I'm talking about FITMENT.

If it's not made specifically for a 2010, it's TOO SHORT and will melt the rear valance.

But hey, it's *your* money.

Phill Pollard

I'm not talking about looks, I'm talking about FITMENT.

If it's not made specifically for a 2010, it's TOO SHORT and will melt the rear valance.

But hey, it's *your* money.

Phill Pollard

Phil watch the video. Last time I checked that's a 2010 and it fits.

Maybe you're not understanding what I'm writing, what I'm trying to say, what I'm trying to tell you...

Shoot, I can put a pair of size 9 shoes on my size 10-1/2 feet. They *fit* but I'm gonna end up with a couple of big nasty blisters on both feet.

Same with a exhaust system not made for your specific car.

One more time...If they are not 1" longer than the '07-'09 versions, they WILL melt the rear valance.

Maybe not in the time it takes to shoot a video clip, but I've already seen it posted on THIS site where the shorter (pre-2010) pipes melt the rear valance.

Like I said, It's *your* money...AND, it's *your* car.

I realize you're trying to save a buck and I don't have a problem with that (I'm the same way). But buying a new rear valance AND a correct fitting set of pipes IS NOT cost effective and will NOT save you money, IN MY HONEST OPINION.

You can shun my advice or heed my advice, that's your choice. See above <?SHRUG?>.

I tried,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Notice that Roush has a different part number for the 2010 than for the '07-'09.

Don't you think there's a reason for that???

Your ball,

Phill Pollard

Phill,

I understand what you are try to say. I am aware of the differences in length as I own a 2005 GT. From my experience there is a certain amount of play. However, if these don't fit properly they'll go right back. It doesn't hurt to try.

-bpmurr

Phill,

I understand what you are try to say. I am aware of the differences in length as I own a 2005 GT. From my experience there is a certain amount of play. However, if these don't fit properly they'll go right back. It doesn't hurt to try.

-bpmurr

Heck, I'll be the first to say I'm waiting for a answer!

I'd *much* rather have someone else try it then spend the money myself! LOL

I told ya I was cheap.

Waiting with baited breath,

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to hear these pipes on a Shelby. Quite frankly I think the sound clip of the GT sounds terrible. Actually I think the sound clip of the camaro sounds pretty good.

Rob

What sounds terrible about it?

What sounds terrible about it?

It sounds like it's running through a coffee can, plus alot of "popping" which ironicaly their website states "These are perfect for those of you that like the aggressive sound of an Axle Back muffler delete kit but without the popping associated with them".

I know this is apples to oranges but the camaro version sounds better and again apples to oranges, but listen to the sound clips here...GT500 sound-board. Some of these clips sound really good...a deep throaty sound with very little popping.

Rob

It sounds like it's running through a coffee can, plus alot of "popping" which ironicaly their website states "These are perfect for those of you that like the aggressive sound of an Axle Back muffler delete kit but without the popping associated with them".

I know this is apples to oranges but the camaro version sounds better and again apples to oranges, but listen to the sound clips here...GT500 sound-board. Some of these clips sound really good...a deep throaty sound with very little popping.

Rob

From experience I know better then to judge web clips. I've heard systems that sound great online and fail in person. For $200 bucks it's worth a shot. I'll be the Guinea pig for GT500 owners.

From experience I know better then to judge web clips. I've heard systems that sound great online and fail in person.

Yup, sometimes they can be different than the actuall sound.

For $200 bucks it's worth a shot. I'll be the Guinea pig for GT500 owners.

Again, yup...$200 isn't bad. Can't wait to hear them on a Shelby!

Maybe we could meet up someday so I could hear what they sound like.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Archived