TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tupelo Cruise 2010!!! - Tuleo MS

mrfarmdog

This is an invite from Mid South Mustang Club (Memphis TN) and Shoals Mustangs (Muscle Shoals AL) to attend the second annual Tupelo Cruise! This year the cruise will be on March 13th because it corresponds with the Tupelo Auto Museum display dedicated to the Ford Mustang they call "Horses in the House!"

I wanted to post up now so that everyone can "Save the Date!" It would be good to see some of my Team Shelby buddies there!

We are finalizing the event website and will post it up soon. It will have all the details on registration and the event. Here is what I can share now...

• 8AM - 10AM - Caravan to Tupelo early on March 13th - There will be caravans from across the Mid South heading to Tupelo MS.
  • 10AM - 12AM - Arrive between for event registration
  • 10AM - 5PM - Show and Shine with brown bag lunch at the Tupelo Auto Museum
  • Banquet 7PM - 9PM - At the Tupelo Auto Museum with guest speaker John Clor from Ford Performance Group and Author of The Mustang Dynasty!

Many people will make this an overnight trip so we are making arrangements for hotel discounts as well.

We would like to encourage everyone to come at least for the show and shine and stay for the banquet.

This promises to be a great time! Last year we had 70 cars and 120 people. This year we hope to have 100-150 cars and 200 people.

More details will be shared over the next week so stay tuned! Also we have started a map so we can see who is attending and where they are from. If you plan on attending please put yourself on the map located at the link below!

http://www.platial.com/mapv/Tupelo-Cruise/814144#

Thanks and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call/PM/Email me.

John Farmer

AKA - MrFarmdog :shades:

We have released the formal website for viewing

http://www.tupelocruise.com/

However we are still finalizing the catering for the banquet. The registration will open later this week. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to the website or event!

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the latest Ford Racing newsletter that went out tonight! Tupelo Cruise in the news baby!

http://www.adsmart360.net/webcontent/151/Weekly1_29_10/Jan29101/newsletterlink.html

By the way registration is now open so go to the website and register for the event.

http://www.tupelocruise.com/registration.asp

We have released the formal website for viewing

http://www.tupelocruise.com/

However we are still finalizing the catering for the banquet. The registration will open later this week. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to the website or event!

Thanks salute.gif

John,

Sorry I can't be in BOTH places at the same time superhero.gif

THANKS for thinking of me happy%20feet.gif

Sounds like a fun time with a GREAT group of people shift.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post up another update. We will have about 60 Mustangs caravan down from Memphis as well as groups coming down Natchez Trace, from Birmingham and from Jackson, MS.

Let me know if any TS members plan to attend!

• 4 weeks later...

This event is next weekend so I thought I would post some updates. For complete event information please visit www.tupelocruise.com

UPDATE ON THE SHOW AND SHINE FEES!

Thanks to a recent generous commitment from our sponsors we are now able to open up the Show and Shine portion of the event for FREE! For those of you who paid for the event already you will receive a refund for the cost of the show and shine. Also we have adjusted the handling fees to include $1 per banquet ticket purchased. So if you purchase one ticket you will be charged $1 handling fee. If you purchase 2 tickets you will be charged $2, etc.

The total amount refunded will include your show and shine fees and the applicable portion of the handling fees! If you paid via PayPal you will receive a refund for the appropriate amount. If you paid by check you will be reimbursed at the event. Just come and see me!

If you have not registered we would appreciate it if you would still do so. This will help us in our coordination for the event. Please register even if you are just coming to the show and shine. The registration form is located here -> http://www.tupelocruise.com/regform.asp

Once again thanks to our sponsors for coming through and making this event one that is affordable for all attendees!

AFTERNOON POKER RUN ADDED

The Gum Tree Mustang Club is coordinating a five stop poker run around Tupelo from 1-3PM Hands cost $5 each and 100% of the prize money is going to be split and awarded to the best and worst hands!

UPDATE ON EVENING FESTIVITIES

Things continue to get better for the evening event!

While people have to preregister for the food we are opening the doors to anyone for a $5 fee to come in and join in the rest of the festivities (you just will not eat) which include:

5PM - Museum doors open for evening social event. This includes a live band, cash bar and social meet and greet with other mustang clubs as well as checking out all the cool cars in the museum!

6:30PM - We are unveiling a newly restored 69 mustang to its owner. The owner bought the car new in 69 while in Vietnam and the car has been in a barn the past 20-30 years. This will be the formal reveal of this car and presentation to the owner!

7PM - Dinner / continue with social hour

8PM - Guest speaker John Clor from Ford Performance followed by book signing

9PM - Conclusion of event!

OTHER POTENTIAL MODELS ATTENDING - We have had some questions about other cars and Lightnings attending the event recently and I say bring em! There may be some Lightnings coming from Southern Mustangs and Fast Fords club as well as Shoals Mustangs and there may be a Ford powered Nobel and a GT40 at the event as well!

Thanks and hopefully the weather will hold out for us! Hope to see some of you at the event!

Archived