TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Me first!

I just dont see dealers getting an ADM on a mustang GT with no special significance...

Unless they are selling it to the famed Warren Faris;then 10K over sticker should be fair :hysterical:

Feel the love Warren?

Hope your Monday is GREAT!!

Doc Scott

There will be some GT350 on dealer lots. Folks wont do there homework and pay whatever it takes to get one.

MM

I'm surprised you think this "Folks wont do there homework and pay whatever it takes to get one." I think most people with money now, have it because they know how to wait.

This is a "POST TITLE" program. There shouldn't be any ADM cause the dealers will not be selling them. You buy a Mustang from your dealer, take delivery of it and the ship it to Shelby to install the GT 350 package you want and pay Shelby for the install. At least thats how I understand it, same as the 40th Anniversary package.

yea somthing like the SVT Raptor, the only order ford took for the first month were customers orders only (order units)

had to send IDof buyer,buyer order,copy or deposit.

but being a dealer you can by-pass that by making up a fake buyer or claim it was a backed-out deal.

so dealers will have them sooner then you think, i just hope Ford doesnt flood the market with them.

yea somthing like the SVT Raptor, the only order ford took for the first month were customers orders only (order units)

had to send IDof buyer,buyer order,copy or deposit.

but being a dealer you can by-pass that by making up a fake buyer or claim it was a backed-out deal.

so dealers will have them sooner then you think, i just hope Ford doesnt flood the market with them.

It will be interesting to see if dealers will be ordering many GT 350 for their show rooms for speculation. The SGT and KR were not that sucessfull of a programs in the dealers eyes. There are KR's sitting in showrooms here in Denver that still haven't sold. That's why this GT 350 is a post title program and Ford has no contractrual involvement with it. IMO!!

So you will charge ADM for this car?

Edit: Not a fair question, please disregard.

I don't know if I would call it ADM but a dealer with this car sitting is going to have to add something for the time and expense of ordering and carrying the charges etc., on the car. Something like this I'm sure will sit longer than the Mustang floor plan and the 33K is out of pocket and they're paying interest on that. So I would think if you want to buy this ready to go be ready to pay for that convenience I guess. If you don't want to pay anything more then just buy a GT and have it drop shipped to SAI and do the work yourself and wait.

So while I hate ADM for essentially doing nothing special, as was the case with the GT500s, here the dealer is doing all the work, taking the risk and absorbing the aquisition costs so something reasonable I would think is fine and proper.

I "may" have heard somewhere that the dealers who have the GT350 agreement with SAI can't charge an ADM. They also have to have a GT350 on their showroom floor and a dedicated salesman who actually knows what the car is and can answer questions on it.

The package will be POST title. You will order the car from the dealer and it will be drop shipped from Ford to SAI for the conversion. You then have three options for delivery: Museum delivery, shipped to your home or shipped to the dealer.

Carroll Shelby will hand sign and actually drive each of the first 100 cars produced (depending on his health of course - he is an 87 year old double heart/kidney transplant patient!).

As far as waiting goes - The production number I heard was 2200. Not sure about that though.

MM can confirm or correct my information - and he probably willhysterical.gif .

This is a "POST TITLE" program. There shouldn't be any ADM cause the dealers will not be selling them. You buy a Mustang from your dealer, take delivery of it and the ship it to Shelby to install the GT 350 package you want and pay Shelby for the install. At least thats how I understand it, same as the 40th Anniversary package.

Gentlemen,

This is correct. My dealer has agreed (IF I buy one) to sell me a properly speced 2011 5.0 Mustang GT at a substantial discount that I can send to Shelby for the install. There will be no ADM on GT350 sales. The base car will cost approx. $30,000 and the GT350 pkg. adds $36,000 to $46,000 on top of that depending upon options selected. $66,000 to $76,000 total plus tax & license (tax only need be paid on the base car if you pay Shelby direct for the conversion and license fees based on a standard Mustang GT.)

Chip

Gentlemen,

This is correct. My dealer has agreed (IF I buy one) to sell me a properly speced 2011 5.0 Mustang GT at a substantial discount that I can send to Shelby for the install. There will be no ADM on GT350 sales. The base car will cost approx. $30,000 and the GT350 pkg. adds $36,000 to $46,000 on top of that depending upon options selected. $66,000 to $76,000 total plus tax & license (tax only need be paid on the base car if you pay Shelby direct for the conversion and license fees based on a standard Mustang GT.)

Chip

Great information!

Since this is a "Post-Title" program. How can a dealer have one on the lot unless it's "used"?

Per order info:

Customer must provide a current vehicle registration or legal "Proof of Ownership" documents. A copy of the registration or title, in the owner's name, qualifies as "Proof of Ownership". This may be emailed or faxed separately. NO WORK will be performed on any vehicle until this documentation is received.

Archived