TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For Better Tires For My 2010 Coupe

lawdude

The V12 is going to replace the Goodyear tires on my car. The Hankook is like 98% the performance of the PS2 for half the price. Hankook is an OEM tire on a lot of brands.

Was looking through the Tire Warranty book I got with my Shelby last night. Hankook was listed in there. Wonder why I never heard of 'em?

I have V12 Evos... great tire, worked outstandingly well on the track at the Bash, great in the rain, ride like a dream. best Hipo 10.5 inch wide tire I have ever owned.

Check out www.onlinetires.com - $40 per tire less expensive than Tire Rack!

Wanting something stickier for the rear for street use only. Never heard of Hankook but they got a great write-up HERE. Found them on Discount Tire for what appears to be a very reasonable price along with good reviews on that site also.

Before I order has anyone had any experience with this tire?

Hankook has an extreme performance street tire that can also be tracked. its the Ventu R-s3. Right now since its a new tire, it doesn't come in a 19" but they are coming out with some 19" sizes in the next few months. I think I'm going to wait for this tire. The only thing I'm not sure about is how well the tire will wear compared to the Mich Ps2 or the ventu evo. But for me since I dont put many miles on the car, its a bit less of a concern. Check out this tire on the Hankook website. For some reason, they don't seem to publicize it much...

I just posted this in another tread, so thought I'd put it in here too... I had a bad experience with Hankook tires awhile back on a boat trailer I was pulling from Michigan to California. I put new Hankook trailer tires on the boat trailer before I left on the trip. I got as far as Nebraska when both tires blew within 150 miles of each other. I put Goodyear trailer tires on for the rest of the trip and had no problems. So, for me, no more Hankooks ever. Anyway, here is what I posted in the other thread.

"Right before the Bash, I replaced by BFG's with Nitto NT05's and loved them on the track. They are a bit more than the Nitto 555's, but are a better tire for the track or for spirited street driving. Or at least that is what all the reviews have said. This tire got outstanding reviews and even does well in the wet. They are very sticky, yet do not have too loud road noise. Or, at least I couldn't hear them over my exhaust note I like them a lot, but have no info on how long they will last.

On a side note, anyone have info on the new street and track tire from Goodyear that is on the GT350?"

lawdude, i ran hankooks on my lightning for 4 years. for the money i could not find a better tire . great handling , low road noise, long life . i know there are better tires out there, i work at a tire store. a michelin tire store . i have test drove lots of experimental tires that turned out to be some of the best . i get discounts . im just sayin why spend the money when you dont have to . im not putting trailer tires on my car . and i dang sure am not going back with goodyears . good luck.

lawdude, i ran hankooks on my lightning for 4 years. for the money i could not find a better tire . great handling , low road noise, long life . i know there are better tires out there, i work at a tire store. a michelin tire store . i have test drove lots of experimental tires that turned out to be some of the best . i get discounts . im just sayin why spend the money when you dont have to . im not putting trailer tires on my car . and i dang sure am not going back with goodyears . good luck.

:hysterical::hysterical: I guess I wasn't clear, so I edited my post to make this point clear. I put the trailer tires on, now hold on, the BOAT TRAILER and not my truck. Hopefully Hankook has improved their tires, but again, as for me, they lost me as a customer forever on that dark Sunday night along the highway in Nebraska.

:hysterical::hysterical: I guess I wasn't clear, so I edited my post to make this point clear. I put the trailer tires on, now hold on, the BOAT TRAILER and not my truck. Hopefully Hankook has improved their tires, but again, as for me, they lost me as a customer forever on that dark Sunday night along the highway in Nebraska.

please ,please check6 forgive me if i souded rude or disrespectfull. not my intention. tires take many forms. and your right are not created equal. truck,lt.truck,passenger,performance,and trailer tires(boat tires).im not saying this is you . but i see it everyday .people , good people ,no matter how well informed using the wrong tire for the wrong application . passenger tires on trailers. they just cant handle the abuse. again im not saying this is you . im not a salesman. i dont work for hankook. that is why igot uptight about your referance to a boat tire.we personally dont care for their comercial tires . but i personally do care for their performance tire. because i unlike you have used them with good results . 4 years versus a couple of days. which brings me to this . every one has a right to an opinion . some are based on fact some are not . that doesnt matter . i respect them all .thats why im hear, to learn about this great car we all love.

with deepest regard,

hopfully your friend,

sean.

please ,please check6 forgive me if i souded rude or disrespectfull. not my intention. tires take many forms. and your right are not created equal. truck,lt.truck,passenger,performance,and trailer tires(boat tires).im not saying this is you . but i see it everyday .people , good people ,no matter how well informed using the wrong tire for the wrong application . passenger tires on trailers. they just cant handle the abuse. again im not saying this is you . im not a salesman. i dont work for hankook. that is why igot uptight about your referance to a boat tire.we personally dont care for their comercial tires . but i personally do care for their performance tire. because i unlike you have used them with good results . 4 years versus a couple of days. which brings me to this . every one has a right to an opinion . some are based on fact some are not . that doesnt matter . i respect them all .thats why im hear, to learn about this great car we all love.

with deepest regard,

hopfully your friend,

sean.

That's ok Sean! I was just stating my experience with this tire brand as were you. Now, :backtotopic:

They look to be a pretty good tire but are they not directional tires which means you can't rotate them. I guess if you don't put too much miles on, it won't matter.

Any tire can be rotated. Non directional tires you just take off the wheels and swap sides.

Directional you have to dismount the tires to obtain the same result. Not worth the bucks or potential damage to wheels in my opinion.

Archived