TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 19" Saleen Heritage Wheels Installed !! Car Weighed as well!

HEY RANDY,

GLAD TO SEE YOU GOT SOME SWEET WHEEL FOR YOU GT/SC. I GUESS I WAS

OUT OF TOWN AND DID NOT SEE YOUR ORIGINAL POST UNTIL TODAY. THAT

IS A GREAT LOOKING PACKAGE YOU HAVE PUT TOGETHER. CONGRATS !!! :happy feet:

SCOTTY

Hello I was wondering if you have had anymore progress with the center cap project? Also I have a request could look to see how much room is left to the inside of the wheel well, I am curious because I have the same wheels and I haven't mounted them yet. Thanks Joe

Sure Joe which part of the wheelwell? I can tell you my setup does not rub and after a gazillion hours looking at tire sizes these were the best I could come up with as if you go 305 you get 30 series sidewall on rear and that looks odd to me.

The update on the centercap deal is I got busy with work and so did my friend but its still on the radar....I will post the results when it happens.

Thanks Scotty.

The rubber has made a huge difference in the cars performance on acceleration and braking, especially hard braking. I am digging the tires. ride is a litle more bumpier but really worth it in turns...it is amazing the cornering speeds you can carry on the turns!happy%20feet.gif

Thanks for the response, I was asking about the clearance because I was thinking about widening my rear ones out to a 19x11.5 and running a 325/30/19 on the back. I have gt500 and it could sure use the traction. Your car is beautiful by the way, my car is also white so I looking forward to what it will look like. Thanks Joe

Hey Joe I do not think a 325 will fit. Not a bad Idea though I will take some pics of Wheelwells if youd like...

And when the caps ever get made I will relate those as well. Does a 11.5 inch wide rim take a 325 tire or is the rim still too narrow for that?

Hello, well from what I know the 325/30/19 is good with a 11 to 12.5 rim, there is another member on here that widened his stock 2010 wheels to 11.5 and put the nitto ivos 325/30/19 on the back. Now from what I read he does have some rubbing issues under certain circumstances but I think it is only on the bump brackets or something small , which could be addressed with a small spacer like 1/4 inch or so. Let me know what you think. If you seach for the " Wheels back from weldcraft" thread in the 2010 to 2011 gt500 fourm you should find what I'm talking about. Thanks Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, well from what I know the 325/30/19 is good with a 11 to 12.5 rim, there is another member on here that widened his stock 2010 wheels to 11.5 and put the nitto ivos 325/30/19 on the back. Now from what I read he does have some rubbing issues under certain circumstances but I think it is only on the bump brackets or something small , which could be addressed with a small spacer like 1/4 inch or so. Let me know what you think. If you seach for the " Wheels back from weldcraft" thread in the 2010 to 2011 gt500 fourm you should find what I'm talking about. Thanks Joe

Interesting...dont like spacers or any rubbing myself. I used to just roll wheelwells with a bat against the tire and the fender but not anymore...haha I guess you may want to PM the guy in that thread, I have no idea just that mine clear great. And work fine.

• 2 months later...

Update on center caps...ssssoooooo this is silly but it has taken this long to actually find a time when both I and the machinst could look at it together.

He can fab and roll new wire for the spring clip and machine the adapter to fit them etc...no sweat,

BUT after 15 minutes of measuring he looked at me and said hey the SGT center cap fits right into the internal diameter of the wheel very well, so he suggested that a guy could use some super duty silicone and silicone the cap in the center as it would center up perfectly in the wheel.

He felt that a healthy amount of silicone would also bridge into the "clip" parts of the SGT centercap.

Easy, simple and probably would do the trick, at a very low cost! I am going to try one and see how long it stays on, I am thinking of using 3M 5200 as it is stong enough to delaminate fiberglass after it dries and is permenent for real. As you do not need to remove the centercaps once installed that I can think of...

I am open to any opinions on this thanks!

• 7 months later...

Update, I have left the centercaps off...whatever, got used to seeing the car without them, I just painted the wheel hubs black and its ok by me.Also I do not have to worry about them coming off...

The update on the tires are that they are really really terrific, they are wearing amazingly well...even after track days, drag and road course...with the addition of the Brembos and the cooling ducts I am really very very happy with the cars grip and braking now....perfect.

Also the diference in noise from the tire is not a concern as I hve gotten used to it and I am usually listening to tunes...these suckers grip!

• 3 months later...

Archived