TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 New GT = Time to Supercharge SGT

Now that Ford has announced that the 2011 Mustang GT will have the 5.0 at 412 hp, does anyone feel the extra tug to add the supercharger to the Shelby GT package to keep "in the race" so to speak?

I personally thought that kind of power out the door is what we should be getting when we purchased our Shelby GTs, but now that it will start rolling out the factory door with that kind of muscle, I know that I'm going to have to look at adding some additional kick to my SGT.

How does everyone else feel about the need for a "power adjustment"?

AndyGJ.

It was always just a matter of "when" and not "if" for me, and based on the little I know about the new engine, I suspect that in stock form it will still be limited to a "safe" 550 ish at the crank just like our 4.6's are, so I don't have any motor envy as of yet.... They might be better engines to go nuts with for an all out build, but I will be perfectly content to see the 450ish at the wheels that my car is capable of with the right FI setup...

Yep, still up here - for the next three weeks anyway.

I bought the red car new in 2001, put the KB on it personally in '03, and sold it last July. I really like the S197 chassis over the old SN95. So I made room in the garage for another one. I'm still trying to decide what flavor it'll be.

AndyGJ.

IMHO, the SGT should've already come with a power adjustment. I agree with jmn44, it's a matter of "when" not "if". DO IT ! My next power adjustment will be adding the intercooler and more boost. :)

Agree that the SGT should have had more HP. I finally got enough savings and ordered my whipple HO Kit Friday. Should be here late next week. Hope to get started in the next few weeks with the install. Still trying to decide on what gauges to use.

-Billy

Now that Ford has announced that the 2011 Mustang GT will have the 5.0 at 412 hp, does anyone feel the extra tug to add the supercharger to the Shelby GT package to keep "in the race" so to speak?

I personally thought that kind of power out the door is what we should be getting when we purchased our Shelby GTs, but now that it will start rolling out the factory door with that kind of muscle, I know that I'm going to have to look at adding some additional kick to my SGT.

AndyGJ.

I felt the need for an adjustment when the Camaro came out and have been adjusting ever since.My car is in the shop getting adjusted right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt the need for an adjustment when the Camaro came out and have been adjusting ever since.My car is in the shop getting adjusted right now.

Blueone - Wow, you certainly have done a lot to your SGT. I didn't realize you were in GA. I'm on North side of Atlanta and would really like to see what the net effect is of your mods compared to stock.

AndyGJ.

Agree that it's time to add some power to the car. I'm going to add an s/c to the car this spring. I'm going with Quantum in Dallas but don't know if it will be a Whipple or a Kenne-Bell. I know that Quantum prefers the Whipple over the K/B but what are the advantages with one over the other. i know this has probably been discussed many times but i didn't pay much attention then as i wasn't interested at the time. There will always be someone faster but there are to many cars out there running away from us now. I've always said we look fast so we might as well be fast. Motor-Trend this month estimated the new 350 will be 540 to 550 H.P. so with a new s/c on our cars, we would be about even.

AndyGJ.

Sure...always the need...but never the $$$ :D

Blueone - Wow, you certainly have done a lot to your SGT. I didn't realize you were in GA. I'm on North side of Atlanta and would really like to see what the net effect is of your mods compared to stock.

AndyGJ.

I've forgotten what stock is but I'm pretty sure there's a fair amount of differerence or at least I would hope so considering the amount of money I have dumped into this car. I would also like another Shelby owners opinion on the difference's between the two, I just ordered the 6060 and it's about to go back in for the install (I just got it back last Friday from a TB ,BAS and relocation brackets installed) I should have it back in a week or so depending on when the trans is shipped and your more than welcome to check it out when I get it back, I live in Conyers just south of Atlanta.

AndyGJ.

You will see the difference is night and day. Even on mine that has much less HP that Blueone's, the SC effect is huge! Good Luck !

Kudos Blueone !!

Sure...always the need...but never the $$$ :D

I'm with you Ilmor! I need a new job before I can even begin to think about adding a S/C...being out of work for 10 months now has put a kink in my mod bug...

I had a 2010 GT pull up beside me today, he had White stripes on it and it looked good...I guess he thought I wanted to race him cuz when the light turned green, he floored it...I didn't feel the need to prove anything to him...

Any lines on a decent job in West Texas would be appreciated...if there is anything out there...

Carl

Archived