TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quarter Windows intake or louvers

bonefish

So...the quarter window louvers or scoop look pretty cool. I am not sure though which is better as far as ease of application and durability. Any thoughts on these and the brand you used? Post up pics if you can of yours on your car, why you went with that one and the application..easy or hard. I saw that I think the louvers require removing the window??

Thanks!

I kinda like these....have not ordered up as of yet.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-quartwindow-0509.html

Also, do a quick search as this question was brought up about two weeks back.

Will do on the search however it seems to be hard to search on this site. I seem to never really get what I want...but, I'll try again,

I have the cervinis side scoop and the silverhorse racing window louver which does require removing the window. Reason for buying the SHR louver you can see out ot them, whereas some you cant

DSC_0124.jpg

How hard is it to install the SHR Louvers? In particuliar with regard to the removal of the glass? Do the louvers have glass behind them? Is this a dealership thing? Does SHR paint them to match?

Anyone else with expreience here let me know. I am not sure which I will do..I like both..curious though as how to get the glass out?

How hard is it to install the SHR Louvers? In particuliar with regard to the removal of the glass? Do the louvers have glass behind them? Is this a dealership thing? Does SHR paint them to match?

Anyone else with expreience here let me know. I am not sure which I will do..I like both..curious though as how to get the glass out?

I had the the louvers painted locally and had an auto glass company take my quarter window out and install my New SHR louvers. The glass company charged $100. The most expensive expense was the paint and prep which was $240. I think I was told that some company was selling these pre-painted , Maybe someone here can chime in with more info.

I installed the Silverhorse ones myself. They sell everything you need, primer, adhesive, and wire saw. It really wasn't that hard. I had a second set of hands when we cut out the windows. You just need to mask off around the windows on the outside with blue tape ( a couple layers ) and go slow. I bought them painted from Silverhorse and the paint match was dead on. I also installed the Agent 47 mirrors from Silverhorse, paint match was perfect as well. Their quality is outstanding, and their billet interior pieces are top shelf as well.

post-25980-126371179674_thumb.jpg

post-25980-126371179674_thumb.jpg

These are my Shadrach scoops. Pricey but rare. They need some finishing and the 1/4 glass removed. In the end it was worth it. I have had many compliments and would install them again.

DSCN0358.jpg

nice, can you post a picture of how they look inside the car?

I installed the Silverhorse ones myself. They sell everything you need, primer, adhesive, and wire saw. It really wasn't that hard. I had a second set of hands when we cut out the windows. You just need to mask off around the windows on the outside with blue tape ( a couple layers ) and go slow. I bought them painted from Silverhorse and the paint match was dead on. I also installed the Agent 47 mirrors from Silverhorse, paint match was perfect as well. Their quality is outstanding, and their billet interior pieces are top shelf as well.

i definitely like the SHR louvers the best. i like the flush look. i also think it is a huge plus to be able to see out of your quarter windows when lane changing. i have checked them out before. more money, more time for install...but, best overall result imho. were you able to keep the power controls to your agent 47 mirrors? they look pretty cool as well. how much time did it take to install each window?

i definitely like the SHR louvers the best. i like the flush look. i also think it is a huge plus to be able to see out of your quarter windows when lane changing. i have checked them out before. more money, more time for install...but, best overall result imho. were you able to keep the power controls to your agent 47 mirrors? they look pretty cool as well. how much time did it take to install each window?

It took a few hours to do both windows. I wanted to take my time and not screw anything up. Was not a hard project at all. With the Agent 47 mirrors, you take the motors out of your stock mirrors and they screw right in to the new ones. It took about a 1/2 hour to do both mirrors, super simple. The view is smaller in these, but you get used to it after a few cruises. Much better look over the small truck mirrors, IMHO.

Don't get the Cervini's ones. I had nothing but problems with mine. The only ones I would consider is the silver horse racing ones.

I'm with you on that. The quality of the Cervini scoops I purchased were horrible. Mine were twisted and warped and would of required a lot of prep work prior to painting them. Absolute garbage.

I went with my second choice and purchased a set of C\S lower scoops from Ford and went with the Shelby S\S upper scoop. Fitment and quality are perfect. A few extra dollars, but well worth it. I'm in the process now of getting a piece of honeycomb mesh to add to the Shelby upper opening to match the Ford lower scoops.

http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

They are currently out of stock, but they are getting more in this week.

has anyone installed the GT/CS side scoops? an if so did they work well. i seem to like the CS side scoops the best. an the SS window scoops

I agree and went with CS side scoops and Super Snake window scoops. I think they look awesome together and they fit really nice. Neither come pre-painted so you will have to have them painted.

shelbygt500.jpg

I'm with you on that. The quality of the Cervini scoops I purchased were horrible. Mine were twisted and warped and would of required a lot of prep work prior to painting them. Absolute garbage.

I went with my second choice and purchased a set of C\S lower scoops from Ford and went with the Shelby S\S upper scoop. Fitment and quality are perfect. A few extra dollars, but well worth it. I'm in the process now of getting a piece of honeycomb mesh to add to the Shelby upper opening to match the Ford lower scoops.

http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

They are currently out of stock, but they are getting more in this week.

That's a good idea about the honeycomb mesh. I painted the opening flat black which looks pretty good but would prefer it match the ford lower scoops. Let me know how it works out in the end.

That's a good idea about the honeycomb mesh. I painted the opening flat black which looks pretty good but would prefer it match the ford lower scoops. Let me know how it works out in the end.

I just ordered the honeycomb mesh this morning. They have been out of stock for a week. I have my cardboard cutouts of the inside opening of the scoop and ready to trace as soon as I get the mesh in. I will post pictures of them. If you like them let me know and I'll cut you a set for yours.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do this yet or not, but I've been tempted to cut out a portion of the back end design and make them even more retro to the 60's scoops. I'll have more than enough mesh to add to the cut out if I do.

I just ordered the honeycomb mesh this morning. They have been out of stock for a week. I have my cardboard cutouts of the inside opening of the scoop and ready to trace as soon as I get the mesh in. I will post pictures of them. If you like them let me know and I'll cut you a set for yours.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do this yet or not, but I've been tempted to cut out a portion of the back end design and make them even more retro to the 60's scoops. I'll have more than enough mesh to add to the cut out if I do.

Sounds good. Can't wait to see the pictures. Good luck!! :)

Archived