TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fun with COPS in Colorado

matyellott

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are suffering from something, it is a basic tenant of human existence.

You mean the PM where I tell you to go F yourself?

Or another one?

Randy, Randy, Randy... please have a glass of Chardonnay or Merlot on me and chill. We're all family here.

So can you tell me why airbags became a Federal requirement yet? What about speed limits? You do your homework or are you going to avoid the questions?

My work address is on my website...if your ever in the PNW come by and we can talk in person.

I already explained it to you once.

And BTW I'd bet cash money I could smoke you on a track jack! sojackinbox.gif

My work address is on my website...if your ever in the PNW come by and we can talk in person.

No you "tried" to explain it to me, and you're in error, and still avoiding the questions.

And finally some rationale!!!!!!!! Settle it on the track. Thats the spirit!!!! :happy feet:

At the end we can all :beerchug:

And hopefully there will be none of this :car:

HI

As far as the speed limit in Montana that went away at least 6 years ago that I know of. I worked there and talked to people that lived there. They said the signs in on certain sections said "Safe and reasonable". I was told if you were doing 95 in a POS truck you would get pulled over and warned most of the time. If you were driving a high end sports car doing 100 or 110 most of the time you were all ok unless there was heavy traffic. Now it is 75 on Interstates not because they had any increase in traffic accidents but because the federal gov didn't like it. If they didn't drop it to 75 they would lose federal funds. I will say the cops in Montana are cool. I was pulled over one of my three times and 7 over and he just told me to slow down. On none interstates the speed limit drops 5mph at night. from 70 to 65 Same thing with drinking age 21 isn't a federal law it is a state law. I lived in Louisiana most of my life. If I remember right the law said you could drink at 18 but couldn't buy till 21 or vice versa. Louisiana has some weird laws. Someone challenged in court and I want to say for two weeks to a month my junior year in high school 96 you could buy and drink alcohol at 18. The feds basically said either 21 or no funds

My man....................this indeeed is a sad story. Very sad. Unfortunately there are hundreds if not more like it. Is it right....by no means. But my point is to condem an entire profession is naive. Most people by nature are good. Too bad for us those that are poor examples stand out more than those that are good. I assure you that there are more good professional officers than those that are egomaniacs that take advantage. I am not the least bit familiar with this case so I can not remark on it other than based on the merits of what you write. Having said that I will concede that it is a travesty of justice. Being an officer for over 20 years I could enlighten you with some examples, but that would make for boring reading in a car forum. I guess my point is that we have to judge each indiviual based on their actions as a person and not condem an entire profession or even a race or sex or religion based on the actions of a few. Not all police officers are bad contrary to your experiences. May be one day you will have a better experience and hopefully your outlook will change. At the end of the day you have to be responsible for your actions and worry about that. And in conclusion just a fun fact to add to your statistics, traffic related deaths out number everything you had listed, including any disease or other accident as a cause of death. So you wonder why the coward cop is sitting behind the tree running radar? Ask the guy that lost a teenage son because someone was driving over the speed limit, lost control and took the life an an innocent person. Again its life. It happens everyday.......and that too is a travesty.

Thank you from for the response I do respect a reasoned and opposing point of view. Again my point of view is not based on the actions of one officer but several and the command and control element within the department in question. However to expand on your point " guess my point is that we have to judge each individual based on their actions as a person and not condemn an entire profession or even a race or sex or religion based on the actions of a few. Not all police officers are bad contrary to your experiences. May be one day you will have a better experience and hopefully your outlook will change." My bad experience was with an entire department, and does that mean that every department is bad no, not by any means there are great cops out there, and great departments. However for me the minuses simply outweigh the pluses I guess I would position my argument in a larger framework. I love the military; I believe that these men and women do a great deal of good in our country and in our world. However if I was an Iraqi citizen whose family was accidently killed during an air strike, I may not have that point of view (Note to all the people who may flip out and say I am bashing the military I AM NOT, this is a simple a hypothetical example). As far as the traffic fatality info I have to disagree with you based solely on the data (again sorry I am a numbers guy) see below. Again you can cherry pick numbers for any year however heart disease will always be the leading cause of death for the last decade at least if not the last 25 years.

In 2008, there were 37,261 traffic fatalities across the country, which dropped 9.7 percent from the 2007 figures and is the lowest level since 1961.

leading causes of death

United States, 2008. Number of deaths.

Heart Disease 652,091

Cancer 559,312

Chronic Lower

Resp. Disease 130,933

Stroke 143,579

Unintentional Injury 117,809

Diabetes 75,119

Alzheimer’s Disease 71,599

Influenza & Pneumonia 63,001

I think it's time for this thread to close. Useless stats and rehtoric are all that's left. It has degraded into LEO supporters vs cop haters. Points made let's move on.

:yahoo: :beerchug: :party2: :tequila: :beerchug: :tequila: :beerchug: :tequila: :beerchug:

Hey dont pile me in with cop haters I hate the traffic laws and the backdoor taxation and potential for powertripping they represent.

I do donate to the FOP however, and the firemens ball...

seriously! Cheers!

I also find it interesting that when the statistics are presented a different picture emerges...

edit: I am an equal opprotunity hater when it comes to Jerks however.

Hey dont pile me in with cop haters I hate the traffic laws and the backdoor taxation and potential for powertripping they represent.

seriously! Cheers!

I also find it interesting that when the statistics are presented a different picture emerges...

Agreed saying supporter vs "haters" is a bit inaccurate for me personally, I would say that their are people who support current law enforcement vs those that question it. Also as opposed to closing the thread, and preventing others from countining to express thier views, if you are done adding to the topic you can simply stop posting on it.

seriously! Cheers!

OK but really who gives a rats a$$ how many people died of a stroke....slightly off topic. This whole thing started by a cop DISLIKER/QUESTIONER (read hater) posting his experience. I think everyone made their point.

BTW, if you drive through NV don't forget to bring me a donut. :hysterical:

OK but really who gives a rats a$$ how many people died of a stroke....slightly off topic. This whole thing started by a cop DISLIKER/QUESTIONER (read hater) posting his experience. I think everyone made their point.

BTW, if you drive through NV don't forget to bring me a donut. hysterical.gif

I'd gladly supply a whole box...hysterical.gif especially for a get out of jail free card! hysterical.gif

The reality is that most people hate getting pulled over and I am sure that after being talked down to about 1.000 times its gotta get old for the officers...

The points are well taken all around. I still TURN however hysterical.gif

Cheers!

I'd gladly supply a whole box...hysterical.gif especially for a get out of jail free card! hysterical.gif

The reality is that most people hate getting pulled over and I am sure that after being talked down to about 1.000 times its gotta get old for the officers...

The points are well taken all around. I still TURN however hysterical.gif

Cheers!

Hey Randy,

When you going to come down and ride with me on a swing shift and see it from the other side? You know the invitation is always open.

This was a wild post to say the least. Did I just dream you were looking at buying a GT 350 or was it a nightmare?

I had to go back to page one and go through the whole tread to figure out what was going on.

We don't have any GT Mustang traffic units down here, but a really nice looking Hemi Charger (did I really say that) that is fast I can put us in.

I think I have finally figured out why you are being pulled over more than most folks, it's not the hair or the artist thing, your being "auto profiled". hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif That's a joke, your being pulled over so the "pooolice" can take a look at that assume ride of yours.

Take care my friend. GG

this thread reminds many of us why we don't participate. Not a shot against "this" site in particular, just a perceptional thing regarding internet forums. anytime you have people involved you will find differing opinions. More often than not it degrades to personal insults which is not enjoyable for anyone.

I don't post much, but I get lots of info here regarding my GT500. Thanks to the mods for stepping in.

oops got to go. My shift starts at 6pm tonight. I am planning on doing some traffic enforcement on the interstate this evening. : ) Cheers.

Hey Randy,

When you going to come down and ride with me on a swing shift and see it from the other side? You know the invitation is always open.

This was a wild post to say the least. Did I just dream you were looking at buying a GT 350 or was it a nightmare?

I had to go back to page one and go through the whole tread to figure out what was going on.

We don't have any GT Mustang traffic units down here, but a really nice looking Hemi Charger (did I really say that) that is fast I can put us in.

I think I have finally figured out why you are being pulled over more than most folks, it's not the hair or the artist thing, your being "auto profiled". hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif That's a joke, your being pulled over so the "pooolice" can take a look at that assume ride of yours.

Take care my friend. GG

Hey CG thanks for the offer...might be funny...I probably would ruin your coolness by laughing too hard. hysterical.gif

I just saw a Charger car here as well.

Actually I have a clean record, thanks to catching a break for a burnout one day...officer actually started laughinbg when he got back into his car...he asked if "I was sure that it was my car"...I was dressed kind of like an artist..haha. Nice of him to be cool.

Funny you ask about the GT350...I heard a rumor about a 68 vert on an Island around here that has a non original engine that is for sale to the right guy....but I am really after a Pantera.

Cheers!

Archived