TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner of GT-H 06H346

sutton92

I first drove a Shelby GT-H in the summer of 2006 on a business trip. I rented the car in Nashville (CSM 06H299) when it was practically new. It was simply an amazing car and we instantly knew we wanted to own one some day. My 14-year old son was with me and you can imagine how he felt about the car! When the Shelby GT cars were announced, we anxiously awaited their release. We purchased CSM 07SGT0188 in February 2007 in Huntsville AL and it too was a fantastic car. Despite our appreciation for this fine car, we were always still thinking about the GT-H. At that time, however, the first ones to come onto the market were simply unaffordable for us.

We eventually sold the Shelby GT hoping that one day an opportunity for a affordable GT-H would come. That time came in late December when a true Shelby enthusiast decided to sell his GT-H. With about 12,500 miles on it, it was obvious he had cared for the car very well -- the way they should be cared for. i flew to Washington DC to pick it up on New Years eve and drove it home nonstop to Tennessee the same day. I arrived home right before midnight and it was obviously the centerpiece of our New Year's day celebration. We've had the car for two weeks now and still can't believe how fortunate we are to own this fine machine. And while we've been a member of this forum since we purchased our first Shelby in 2007, we look forward to begin actively participating. We still have a lot to learn about posting in forums however!

Best regards

sutton92

I first drove a Shelby GT-H in the summer of 2006 on a business trip. I rented the car in Nashville (CSM 06H299) when it was practically new. It was simply an amazing car and we instantly knew we wanted to own one some day. My 14-year old son was with me and you can imagine how he felt about the car! When the Shelby GT cars were announced, we anxiously awaited their release. We purchased CSM 07SGT0188 in February 2007 in Huntsville AL and it too was a fantastic car. Despite our appreciation for this fine car, we were always still thinking about the GT-H. At that time, however, the first ones to come onto the market were simply unaffordable for us.

We eventually sold the Shelby GT hoping that one day an opportunity for a affordable GT-H would come. That time came in late December when a true Shelby enthusiast decided to sell his GT-H. With about 12,500 miles on it, it was obvious he had cared for the car very well -- the way they should be cared for. i flew to Washington DC to pick it up on New Years eve and drove it home nonstop to Tennessee the same day. I arrived home right before midnight and it was obviously the centerpiece of our New Year's day celebration. We've had the car for two weeks now and still can't believe how fortunate we are to own this fine machine. And while we've been a member of this forum since we purchased our first Shelby in 2007, we look forward to begin actively participating. We still have a lot to learn about posting in forums however!

Best regards

sutton92

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! GT-H

That's how I also felt when I got my 08 GT500.......I still dreamed of the GT-H. And like you, I now share the dream. I also dig your non stop cross country "return home" trip. When you buy your baby, no long haul seams too long to get her home.

Good stuff.......very good stuff.

QSS

Great story sutton92. I replied to your email earlier today about the Hertz owners packet for your new addition.

In case you didn't know the 2006 Hertz owners packet gets two items the 2007 Hertz owners don't get and that's a custom engraved keychain and a 40th anniversary badge.

Steve

Steve enjoyed talking to you during the Bash. Also did not know this piece of info.

In case you didn't know the 2006 Hertz owners packet gets two items the 2007 Hertz owners don't get and that's a custom engraved keychain and a 40th anniversary badge.

Steve

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Me and my 07 GT-H want a keychain too :cry: . Can't we have a keychain too???? I want one......pretty please......please.......CMON.........please :baby: .

QSS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Me and my 07 GT-H want a keychain too :cry: . Can't we have a keychain too???? I want one......pretty please......please.......CMON.........please :baby: .

QSS

Yeah but you '07 guys got the good dash plaque. I think I'd trade my keychain for an aluminum plaque ;)

Steve

Congrats! I think just about every Hertz owner once rented one. I'd say that was a very successful program for sure. Once you got to drive one, you had to have one!! Same story here!

+1 My brother in law showed up with one at Thanksgiving in 2006 and I was hooked, but could not swing the big $$ they were getting at auction, so I bought the GT. I rented another one at the 85th Birthday Bash and my GT just wasn't cutting it. When I ran across my GT-H and had to buy it!!

Responding to an earlier reply, I should have included that we purchased 06H346. Since I'm always curious as to what other folks have paid for their GT-H's in this market, I'll add that we paid $33.5K. This is for a car in excellent condition with about 12,500 miles. As we reseached the market over the past year, there clearly was a wide range of views regarding the value of the GT-Hs. In our case, I believe the seller got a solid price and, in return, we got an excellent car.

Respectfully

Sutton92

Responding to an earlier reply, I should have included that we purchased 06H346. Since I'm always curious as to what other folks have paid for their GT-H's in this market, I'll add that we paid $33.5K. This is for a car in excellent condition with about 12,500 miles. As we reseached the market over the past year, there clearly was a wide range of views regarding the value of the GT-Hs. In our case, I believe the seller got a solid price and, in return, we got an excellent car.

Respectfully

Sutton92

I think that you paid a fair price for those miles. On the positive, 06 Coupes have been pretty well holding their value over the past year compared to the others. I paid $32K for mine in early 2008 with 26K miles on it. I've seen a couple in the high 20's but with many more miles. The $30K mark has been fairly steady for the past year no matter how high the miles. I've seen a couple sell in the higher $30's sell with miles similar to yours.

Dont forget to contact the Guy at Hertz Corp, he will send you your cars window sticker, and other info. I just received mine, took about 5 days after I sent him am e-mail. He did not reply, but it was in the mail today. Great Guy

his name is on another thread...the documentation one I think.

Best regards

sutton92

Congrats on the FINE purchase. Like you I bought ours in NJ and myself,daughter and boyfriend drove back to Illinois on a excellent road trip thru the mountains of Pennsylvania. Before putting her away for the winter we put about 500 exciting miles on the clock. Can't wait for spring and the best summer in a LONG time.

06H352

Archived