TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will GT500s value increase by any chance in near future?

Probably not.But if they hold where they are now that would be ok.Besides i don't plan on selling mine anytime soon

Never. They made too many of them which leads to too many motivated sellers. As long as there is some one willing to take less than what we think it should sell for and or what is posted as a book value, the value will continue to go down. Those of us who paid an ADM have been forced to resort to the fun factor to get our values back. That is- drive and enjoy before we get too old to shift it!!!

Totally agree,+1........enjoy them!!

I think it depends on the year. 08's & 09's are different, though not much, from the 07. 07 was built for the Anv, which is why only 07's can get that package!!

BUT what will really affect it is that these ARE NOT SHELBY MADE. They are SVT made with Shelby's blessing to put his name on it. Big thing to collectors.

But over all, you have look at how many are produced, not many, considering how many people drive and total cars on the road, and the total production run of normal cars, like Mustang GT's. Are these going to be like the 60's cars, nope, but even back in the late 90's and early 2000's, the Shelby Mustangs were inexpensive to be had, then Barrett-Jackson came along and people are paying more than a house for something that you really can't enjoy because of the amount of people on the roads, so they just sit in a collection, such a sad way to end your life..................... Oh sorry, forgot we were talking about cars hehehe. Yes, people will pay what they perceive the value to be.

As long as my car hold it's value, which I think it is, and I have semi-fun driving it, would be more fun if less people on the road, I'm good with it.

CRAP, my Dove box crushed, so guess I'm done.

Paid $48,000 for my '07 which included several FRPP items (plus installation labor) added before I took delivery. A low mileage '07 can be had for $35,000. Thats certainly not a typical price, but if you look its just simply not that hard to find one at that price. I have had it appraised for trade in value at a couple of dealerships and the best offer has been $32,000. There are even sites on the internet that give a value of only $27,000 as a trade in. I don't think these figures can be construed as "holding its value". If it does appreciate in the future, it will be a long slow climb. As production numbers go down, those year cars might be worth more. I don't think color combination will have any affect on price in the future. But nobody has a crystal ball. In 20 years, it could be against the law to drive an internal combustion engine on public highways. And don't laugh, we are headed in that direction. And even if its not against the law, you will probably have to have some kind of special permit to drive it and buy gasoline that it will run on.

And seriously, how many of us are really going to hold on to one of these cars for 20 more years. If you are younger, you are going to find that your priorities will really change in the next 20 years. If you are 60 like me, what the hell difference does it make what it will be worth in 20 years.

[

And seriously, how many of us are really going to hold on to one of these cars for 20 more years. If you are younger, you are going to find that your priorities will really change in the next 20 years. If you are 60 like me, what the hell difference does it make what it will be worth in 20 years.

I bought my 70' Big Block MacH 1 in 78' .Stil have it.still drive the crap out of it..Bought the 07' new'..plan to drive the crap out of that for at least the next 20 as well !!!

Paid $48,000 for my '07 which included several FRPP items (plus installation labor) added before I took delivery. A low mileage '07 can be had for $35,000. Thats certainly not a typical price, but if you look its just simply not that hard to find one at that price. I have had it appraised for trade in value at a couple of dealerships and the best offer has been $32,000. There are even sites on the internet that give a value of only $27,000 as a trade in. I don't think these figures can be construed as "holding its value". If it does appreciate in the future, it will be a long slow climb. As production numbers go down, those year cars might be worth more. I don't think color combination will have any affect on price in the future. But nobody has a crystal ball. In 20 years, it could be against the law to drive an internal combustion engine on public highways. And don't laugh, we are headed in that direction. And even if its not against the law, you will probably have to have some kind of special permit to drive it and buy gasoline that it will run on.

I bought my 71 429CJin the late 70's. I had it restored a few years ago. No regrets. I bought the 07 GT500 in August of 06 and hope to keep it to the end, then I won't care :hysterical:

These cars won't increase in value in the near future.

But 30 years from now, I suspect whichever of them are left and in great condition will be worth much more than what was paid new, just as the 30 & 40 year old ones today are now worth significantly more than what they were worth new. I also suspect that our cars will someday be examples of "classic American muscle - back in the day when they put computers on gasoline engines".

These cars are meant to be enjoyed, and though I don't put a lot of miles on ours, I hope that someday I'm able to pass it down to my daughter so she can enjoy it, and if she hangs onto it long enough, then maybe it'll be worth something for her. If not, then she and her parents were able to enjoy a fun American muscle car - that alone should be worth the purchase price (so long as you didn't pay out the nose for one of the first models).

You want a good investment? Buy gold. ;)

Hagerty (Collector Car Insurer) looks at mass-produced cars with an MSRP of $100,000 or lower that valuation experts at the company predict will have collector appeal within the next 15 to 20 years. Looking at the last ten years, one car was selected from each year based on factors including how influential it was in the automotive industry, its cool or unique factor and its potential value in the collector-car market." The 2007 pick was the Shelby GT500.

Nevertheless I drive mine a lot and don't plan on ever selling it.

CC

These cars won't increase in value in the near future.

But 30 years from now, I suspect whichever of them are left and in great condition will be worth much more than what was paid new, just as the 30 & 40 year old ones today are now worth significantly more than what they were worth new. I also suspect that our cars will someday be examples of "classic American muscle - back in the day when they put computers on gasoline engines".

These cars are meant to be enjoyed, and though I don't put a lot of miles on ours, I hope that someday I'm able to pass it down to my daughter so she can enjoy it, and if she hangs onto it long enough, then maybe it'll be worth something for her. If not, then she and her parents were able to enjoy a fun American muscle car - that alone should be worth the purchase price (so long as you didn't pay out the nose for one of the first models).

You want a good investment? Buy gold. ;)

Why didn't you buy gold with the money spent on your GT500? I would guess because you could. :confused:

What if you had all the stickers, plastic, and pictures from delivery, magazine with articles, Paper certification from Carroll shelby, Ford SVT, and Edsel B FordII, What if you had the plaque banged out from the plant with your engine makers and the pictures from the August 2007 plant tours with all the materials? and a poster signed by the president of SVT - a MO Boy- and a Shelby signed sun visor, and a picture from local newspaper in the town you bought the car in, with a picture of your cousins 68 GT#350 Fastback and your new Shelby,....and the letter from your dealership noting your car was ordered?

An by the way the paper certificate says my 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 was #xxxx of a build of 8152 coupes and is # xxx of 1054 Vista Blue GT500(s).

that isn't the numbers MadMoonMan was getting. anyway - what if you had all of the history along with the car - which by the way is under 2000 miles and covered inthe garage except for Shelby days- would the value then be held over a period up to say 30 years and then increase? ......I ask because my pain in the ass brotherinlaw wants me to buy more life insurance to keep the kids in the $ long after I am gone and I just can't get on board with that!!!!! Oh yeah and add Kyles Mustang picture book and a shot of Robert Lane driving us around Detroit pointing sleuthing out new Shelby/Mustang models being test driven around town.

anyway I think there were two RIDES that came with our 2007 Shelby GT500 and they both were a blast!! :dance::hysterical::dance:

In 2007 they were being sold over MSRP, but now dealers are giving discounts on the KRs!!!! If the economy recovers, is there any chance that GT500's value increase?

Generally you need to limit production to a couple, few hundred of a model for it to increase in value. It still has to be something very special to get any good roi, in reality there have been very few cars that have unfortunately.

What if you had all the stickers, plastic, and pictures from delivery, magazine with articles, Paper certification from Carroll shelby, Ford SVT, and Edsel B FordII, What if you had the plaque banged out from the plant with your engine makers and the pictures from the August 2007 plant tours with all the materials? and a poster signed by the president of SVT - a MO Boy- and a Shelby signed sun visor, and a picture from local newspaper in the town you bought the car in, with a picture of your cousins 68 GT#350 Fastback and your new Shelby,....and the letter from your dealership noting your car was ordered?

An by the way the paper certificate says my 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 was #xxxx of a build of 8152 coupes and is # xxx of 1054 Vista Blue GT500(s).

that isn't the numbers MadMoonMan was getting. anyway - what if you had all of the history along with the car - which by the way is under 2000 miles and covered inthe garage except for Shelby days- would the value then be held over a period up to say 30 years and then increase? ......I ask because my pain in the ass brotherinlaw wants me to buy more life insurance to keep the kids in the $ long after I am gone and I just can't get on board with that!!!!! Oh yeah and add Kyles Mustang picture book and a shot of Robert Lane driving us around Detroit pointing sleuthing out new Shelby/Mustang models being test driven around town.

anyway I think there were two RIDES that came with our 2007 Shelby GT500 and they both were a blast!! :dance::hysterical::dance:

No doubt these atributes will enhance the value of a nice unmolested car. But I am sticking with--- there were so many produced that there will always be a plentyful amount of guys having financial difficulties, divorce etc...in other words motivated to move it quickly and sell it for less and the result is that the price will continue to drop. I think it's safe to say the economy will not flurish for a few more years, in fact it may very well get worse. That will have an effect on potential buyers who would or could normally purchase this car. Plus It's not a practical economical vehicle. For many of us, money is limited, stocks are down the future job situation is uncertain- all this means less buyers. Sorry to be so negitave but these are scary tough times. I think I will just go jump off a bridge now!!

No doubt these atributes will enhance the value of a nice unmolested car. But I am sticking with--- there were so many produced that there will always be a plentyful amount of guys having financial difficulties, divorce etc...in other words motivated to move it quickly and sell it for less and the result is that the price will continue to drop. I think it's safe to say the economy will not flourish for a few more years, in fact it may very well get worse. That will have an effect on potential buyers who would or could normally purchase this car. Plus It's not a practical economical vehicle. For many of us, money is limited, stocks are down the future job situation is uncertain- all this means less buyers. Sorry to be so negitave but these are scary tough times. I think I will just go jump off a bridge now!!

I definitely agree about the downturn economy stifling $. I also agree this isn't over yet....but I am "hoping" the new economy will be half as good as the last run.

Obviously low production numbers will greatly help price appreciation but one only needs to look at the classic Vettes, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. to see that cars can appreciate to huge amounts even when produced in large amounts. Of course, having a highly desireable option like a 428CJ in your Mach I or a 396SS Camaro helps but even "regular" cars can bring high dollars.

If history is any guide, I bought my 66 GT350H in 1985 for $9000 (I passed on a concours 65 for $18,000, duh). I sold it in 1989 for $10,000 (bigger duh). My old car changed hands a couple of years ago for over $100,000. Generally even collector cars depreciate for the first 10 years, albeit at a lower rate than regular cars. I really believe the thing that really helped in the 90s was the baby-boomers coming of age and wanting these old muscle cars that they only dreamed about in the 60s. Will it happen again? Maybe so, but I would not hold my breath on any profits for several years.

Archived