TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will GT500s value increase by any chance in near future?

In 2007 they were being sold over MSRP, but now dealers are giving discounts on the KRs!!!! If the economy recovers, is there any chance that GT500's value increase?

I think they won't, unless they quit making a performance model Mustang. If all we have to drive are slow hybrids, then GT-500s may increase in value... IF we can legally still drive them. Meanwhile, I'll have a great time playing with my Mustangs!

I think fast electrics will be the performance cars of the future, though.

In 2007 they were being sold over MSRP, but now dealers are giving discounts on the KRs!!!! If the economy recovers, is there any chance that GT500's value increase?

Probably not.But if they hold where they are now that would be ok.Besides i don't plan on selling mine anytime soon

Nope...wont happen

I think if you are looking for Shelbys that will go up in value from the late models, it will be the SR, Terlingua, and Turbo models. The Prudhomme would be a good bet too.

30 or 40k GT500s is just too many. KRs and SGTs will hold a certain value due to low numbers, but only about 35 or 40 Terlinguas have been made, and just a handful of the other models I mentioned have been done.

Nope...wont happen

I think if you are looking for Shelbys that will go up in value from the late models, it will be the SR, Terlingua, and Turbo models. The Prudhomme would be a good bet too.

30 or 40k GT500s is just too many. KRs and SGTs will hold a certain value due to low numbers, but only about 35 or 40 Terlinguas have been made, and just a handful of the other models I mentioned have been done.

IF the SGT had a special engine I would agree, it had low numbers because it wasn't nearly as sought after as a GT500 plain and simple. That's not going to change.

Never. They made too many of them which leads to too many motivated sellers. As long as there is some one willing to take less than what we think it should sell for and or what is posted as a book value, the value will continue to go down. Those of us who paid an ADM have been forced to resort to the fun factor to get our values back. That is- drive and enjoy before we get too old to shift it!!!

IF the SGT had a special engine I would agree, it had low numbers because it wasn't nearly as sought after as a GT500 plain and simple. That's not going to change.

Find a GT500 with low production numbers, its not that hard and prices now are low. Hell there were less than 100 stripe deletes made in a couple of colors for 2008. Do your homework. But at the same time find something that you like to look at and drive. Join a club, show your car! You wouldn't believe how many cars are sold at a car show. Mines #28 of 131 ebony w/red stripe package Hell 5 of those are probably totaled already, and only 29 made in2009 , didn't even produce them in 07. Took me 6 months to find this one w/shaker 1000. But! I don't plan on getting any good offers for at least 5 or 6 years. Its not a daily driver so the miles will always be low.In the mean time I don't plan on making any changes that I can't reverse. Enjoy it! You want an investment you should have bought ford at 2.00 a share...........I did!

Never. They made too many of them which leads to too many motivated sellers. As long as there is some one willing to take less than what we think it should sell for and or what is posted as a book value, the value will continue to go down. Those of us who paid an ADM have been forced to resort to the fun factor to get our values back. That is- drive and enjoy before we get too old to shift it!!!

You are correct but more than a few of the 07-09 GT500s are daily drivers, they will be wrecked at a steady pace and nice low mileage, one owner GT500s will become far and few between over the next 20 years. Original one owner, low mileage, classic cars tend to hold good value.

IMO, there is no value in owning any automobile. They have become a necessity for many of us living outside of a major city. If your asking if you car will ever be worth more than you paid for it, then I have to say no.

What he said ^ ^

Yeah I mean it's like trying to predict stock or anything else, no one REALLY knows, but I would never buy a car as an investment.

There are many other options that have far greater chance of return than an automobile.

That's why I could never figure out, and still haven't figured out, why someone would pay 10k over for a car.... ANY car.

Imagine how those guys feel that paid 60k for their GT500 or the guys that paid well over 100k for their KR... I wouldn't be too happy.

You are correct but more than a few of the 07-09 GT500s are daily drivers, they will be wrecked at a steady pace and nice low mileage, one owner GT500s will become far and few between over the next 20 years. Original one owner, low mileage, classic cars tend to hold good value.

Over a 20 year period, there are better ways to get good returns on your money. Especially if you consider insurance and maintenance costs. I feel horrible for the guys I see selling their '07-'09s with terribly low miles. Poor bastards bought a 50k car and never got to drive it. :banghead:

Edit: You'd be better off spending the 40-50 thousand dollars on a 60's model Shelby that needed a little work. Spend a couple years and a few thousand more to restore it, then cash out.

Over a 20 year period, there are better ways to get good returns on your money. Especially if you consider insurance and maintenance costs. I feel horrible for the guys I see selling their '07-'09s with terribly low miles. Poor bastards bought a 50k car and never got to drive it. :banghead:

How very sad. Carroll Shelby would tell you to drive and enjoy! Put the miles on them, learn to drive them and have fun! Let the next owner worry about restoring it.

I've had mine since Mar 2009 haven't driven it all winter, put 7k on it the 1st 7 months! Need a new set of tires! :shift:

"the value you get out of these cars are the memories and friends you make while you have it;" there is no price you can put on that.

My 2 cents borrowed from my cousin who was remembering something some dude named Shelby said

Doc Scott

Find a GT500 with low production numbers, its not that hard and prices now are low. Hell there were less than 100 stripe deletes made in a couple of colors for 2008. Do your homework. But at the same time find something that you like to look at and drive. Join a club, show your car! You wouldn't believe how many cars are sold at a car show. Mines #28 of 131 ebony w/red stripe package Hell 5 of those are probably totaled already, and only 29 made in2009 , didn't even produce them in 07. Took me 6 months to find this one w/shaker 1000. But! I don't plan on getting any good offers for at least 5 or 6 years. Its not a daily driver so the miles will always be low.In the mean time I don't plan on making any changes that I can't reverse. Enjoy it! You want an investment you should have bought ford at 2.00 a share...........I did!

As far as Red Appearance Package is concerned I think you mean they didn't produce the convertible in 07 which would be accurate. However my 07 Black / Red Coupe is #51 of 169 of the Red appearance Package which they produced the Coupe only in that option for 07. I don't know if it will ever gain value but man do I love it and enjoy it not to mention all the attention it continues to garner.

If they keep putting ugly butts on them then yes the 07-09 will be the most desirable years. Not sure when they will go up. According the the annual shelby publication in about 10 years should be over 6 figures but who really knows.

Look at history: :happy feet:

1967 GT500 2,050 Happy! :dance:

1968 GT500 2,793

1969 GT500 1,871

1970 GT500 286

Above cost less than $7K? What are they worth after 40 yrs?

Now look into the Crystal ball. :headscratch: Well over $45K new?

2008 GT500 8,583

2009 GT500 3,004 Happy :cry:

2010 GT500 2,000?

2011 ?

Might be off on some figures and pricing. :hysterical3: Good Luck I'll be dead

As far as Red Appearance Package is concerned I think you mean they didn't produce the convertible in 07 which would be accurate. However my 07 Black / Red Coupe is #51 of 169 of the Red appearance Package which they produced the Coupe only in that option for 07. I don't know if it will ever gain value but man do I love it and enjoy it not to mention all the attention it continues to garner.

Yea ......sorry, I figured you guys knew I was talking about my vert..........Man I need to get some cool pics of my car on my profile like some of you guys.post-26949-126361219989_thumb.jpg

Archived