TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mobil 1 5W-50

esc

I have a boat with twin 525's. The recommended oil for the engine was a Mobil1 20W50. I changed the oil after no more than 25 hours. I can't find the Mobil 1 20W50 anymore so I started using Royal Purple. (Recommendations by the members of the boat forum) Anybody ever use that in their cars??

So besides the debate over whether the correct weight, 5W-50 is available (it is, you just have to look harder), what about the Mobil 1 does not meet the Ford Specifications?

Castrol has a 10-60W synthetic too that I recall some owners in Europe were using. If I understand this right, the 10-60W might be Ok especially if you drive in hotter climates. Any comments on that?

Regards

:headscratch:

• 3 years later...

I know that this is a very old thread but did a search and this is what came up. If the issue of Mobil1 has been resolved, I m sorry as I didn't do an in depth search. Just wanted add my $.02. I am doing an oil change on my 07 SS and am using Mobil1. Couple reasons are it was on sale at NAPA, warehouse stocked item, for a lot less than the Ford dealer charges ($5.99/qt), I don't think you need to worry about warranty issues, and it is a great high quality oil.

Archived