TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very cool website

MMcGuirk

Believe it or not, at one time I wanted an AMC Hurst Scrambler. Come to think of it, I still do.

A buddy of mine in high school bought one new and we all thought they were weird back then.

We were all driving Fords or Chevys ( I had a 71 Pinto drag car and a 71 LT1 Corvette). I agree with you, the Scrambler is actually a very cool car.

A buddy of mine in high school bought one new and we all thought they were weird back then.

We were all driving Fords or Chevys ( I had a 71 Pinto drag car and a 71 LT1 Corvette). I agree with you, the Scrambler is actually a very cool car.

Saw one in Jacksonville when they first came out. White car, blue wheels, big red stripe on the side, hood scoop said "AIR" on the top, blue arrow pointing to the scoop with a gap that said "390 CU. IN." Thought about buying one and painting it black (I know, that would have been a real dumb move). My dad had an insurance agent over to the house to explain the realities of insurance for a 19 year old. Couldn't afford both the car payments and the insurance.

The LT1 350 was/is a bad little engine. I had one too.

LOL, I was looking at the '69 Mercury brochure......the 2 door, performance oriented, Maurader had a "snug 121 inch wheelbase" That's 1 inch longer than a Chrysler 300 4 door sedan! My mom and dad had a '69 Marquis with a 429 4V......ah, I still remember the scream of tires as I left the high school parking lot!

Archived