TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Investors / Advice on my Book is needed….

$40,000.00 is needed to have 3000 copies of my Photo Book printed . It is titled “Celebrating 45 Years of America’s favorite Pony Car in Birmingham Alabama”.

Option ONE:

How long do you think it would take to do a “Pre-Printed” sell of 1000 copies at a price of $40.00 each for the first 1000 Books. Do you think it can be done in a few Months?

Option TWO:

I will need 1 to 8 Investors to make this happen. Each Investor will receive at least one copies of the Book for Free. Below is a break down of the Investor Amount and Possible Pay Back. The Book will sell for $50.00 each through chosen Vendors of which they will be paid 10% ($5.00) for each Book they sell.

1 Investor of $40,000.00 …… Receives 5 books for Free and $25.00 from each of the 2990 Books sold for a total of $74,750.00 in return.

2 Investors of $20,000.00 each ……. Receives 2 Books for Free and $12.50 from each of the 2990 Books Sold for a total of $37,375.00 each.

4 Investors of $10,000.00 each ……. Receives 1 Books for Free and $6.25 from each of the 2990 Books Sold for a total of $18,687.50 each.

8 Investors of $5,000.00 each ……... Receives 1 Books for Free and $3.25 from each of the 2990 Books Sold for a total of $9,717.50 each.

There is no guaranty on how long it will take to sell the 2990 Books. I would like think that it should take no more then 2 Years. To help make these Photo Books collectable, I plan to Number them with myself and the Investors getting the first ones. If Car Clubs buy doing a group buy of 10 or more through me, I will sell them at Vendor Prices ($5.00 off per Book).

Well have you thought about using on demand publishing, then you need no investors. You publish as needed. I also think that $5.00 profit for a vendor is not something that would want me to sell your book at all if I was a vendor...you may wish to research what a usual split is for a vendor but % dollars sounds low to me.

An on demand printer we used for a book and supposedly the program to make one is simple...

www.blurb.com

Not to discourage you at all, but what are you using to secure the investment other than printed books?

Well have you thought about using on demand publishing, then you need no investors. You publish as needed. I also think that $5.00 profit for a vendor is not something that would want me to sell your book at all if I was a vendor...you may wish to research what a usual split is for a vendor but % dollars sounds low to me.

An on demand printer we used for a book and supposedly the program to make one is simple...

www.blurb.com

Not to discourage you at all, but what are you using to secure the investment other than printed books?

The Book has 1500 Color Photos, On Demand Printing will be to high. 10% is the usual for Vendors unless they buy huge numbers, as I have been a Vendor before.

I also might add as an avid reader, you may wish to broaden the title as your current title is not only derivitive but more importantly only really appeals to folks living in or with ties to the city of Birmingham....

If I had something to secure it with then it would not be an Investment, it would be a Loan. The current Title lets me skirt around the Trade Mark issues and still lets people know what the Book is about as will the large Photo on the Cover of the Book. I do believe that Ford is still going after those usung the word Mustang.

Archived