TEAM SHELBY FORUM

npd-Silver springs ford show

Force 1

About 900 vech's braved the snow and sleet to attend the show, put on by NPD. The park is a beautiful place to have a show. I'm sure that is why NPD built thier parts store nearby. BEWARE if you go there, DO NOT EXPECT TO WIN ANY THROPHIES. THEY LECTURED EVERONE THERE ON HOW YOU SHOULD VOTE(AFTER THE FACT), AND PULLED SOME OF THE CARS APPARENTLY FOR HAVING A HIGH NUMBER OF VOTES. WHAT A JOKE! EVERONE SAW RIGHT THROUGH THEM, THAT IS NPD. The show was nice but, it was cold and windy. AS FOR SILVER SPRING'S ITS A GREAT ATTRACTION. WE"LL GO BACK AGAIN BUT NOT TO ANY NPD EVENT. :fan: :

The show is good and always generates a good turnout but they should really dump the judging process. Every year is a fiasco...to the point as a club we no longer go back for the Sunday session. Your car was looking really good and I'm surprised you didn't win for the class. Was there a lot of cars that came out on Sunday? With the cold weather it seemed like everyone was packing it in on Saturday and heading home..

GT.

The show is good and always generates a good turnout but they should really dump the judging process. Every year is a fiasco...to the point as a club we no longer go back for the Sunday session. Your car was looking really good and I'm surprised you didn't win for the class. Was there a lot of cars that came out on Sunday? With the cold weather it seemed like everyone was packing it in on Saturday and heading home..

GT.

It looked like about half stayed for sunday.I WAS TOLD ABOUT NPD'S CROOKED SYSTEM BUT DID NOT BELIVE IT UNTILL SUNDAY.ON THE BRIGHT SIDE LOTS OF NICE RIDES AND GREAT PEOPLE.SEE YOU AT THE SHOWS. :happy feet:

About 900 vech's braved the snow and sleet to attend the show, put on by NPD. The park is a beautiful place to have a show. I'm sure that is why NPD built thier parts store nearby. BEWARE if you go there, DO NOT EXPECT TO WIN ANY THROPHIES. THEY LECTURED EVERONE THERE ON HOW YOU SHOULD VOTE(AFTER THE FACT), AND PULLED SOME OF THE CARS APPARENTLY FOR HAVING A HIGH NUMBER OF VOTES. WHAT A JOKE! EVERONE SAW RIGHT THROUGH THEM, THAT IS NPD. The show was nice but, it was cold and windy. AS FOR SILVER SPRING'S ITS A GREAT ATTRACTION. WE"LL GO BACK AGAIN BUT NOT TO ANY NPD EVENT. :fan: :

I thought the show was great considering the frigid temperatures. NPD put on a great show which attests to the tremendous turnout, the snow failed to kill the show. This show is always fun because it is not a "judged show" but a participant voting show. I think there are a couple of awards selected by NPD but the rest are by participant voting, each entered car got one vote per class. Participant voting is always "interesting" and unless you have a lot of friends, it's unlikely you'll win any trophies, since there was around 900 cars there. Also you have to be there on Sunday to win, so many left the 20 degree temps and went home. I've been going to car shows for 30 years and NPD puts on the nicest shows with a family involvement (free tickets to Silver Springs). Just one show participant's opinion.

This is the 3rd time I have registeredI for this event. I had a friend come down from Michigan, so canceling out was no choice. Yes it was cold with record low temperatures but I thought the turn out was good considering the weather. I go to these shows to meet new friends and say hello to the ones I know. This year I missed a lot of the guys but did see some of the old gang. Vic, every time I went over to see ya, you weren't there by your car to say hello to. Just like Birmingham, missed you there too. Also missed Don. Brad, Pig, Paul and his speed racer wife and all the others. Hi guys. I go to these events to have fun, trophies aren't the reason to attend these events. Judging will always be an issue at every car show. Those that know me and my extremely unusual 40th go to shows to have a great time meeting the folks and seeing their rides. I really wanted to show off my new team 40th t-shirt but I'm not a member of the polar bear club.Thanks Derek and I will be back next year.

I thought the show was great considering the frigid temperatures. NPD put on a great show which attests to the tremendous turnout, the snow failed to kill the show. This show is always fun because it is not a "judged show" but a participant voting show. I think there are a couple of awards selected by NPD but the rest are by participant voting, each entered car got one vote per class. Participant voting is always "interesting" and unless you have a lot of friends, it's unlikely you'll win any trophies, since there was around 900 cars there. Also you have to be there on Sunday to win, so many left the 20 degree temps and went home. I've been going to car shows for 30 years and NPD puts on the nicest shows with a family involvement (free tickets to Silver Springs). Just one show participant's opinion.

Apparently you were not there on sunday for the lecture or had your car's votes all thrown out because you got to many votes! I've gone to 40 years of car shows and never seen anything like this!!! If npd would have let the participants vote instead of weeding out the cars they did not want to win and lecturing everone in the cold on how to vote it would have been a good show. Just thought everyone should know the facts. What npd did was not right.

I made the trek to the show from Michigan (kinda, you see I flew down to Tampa). Was at the show with gt67 on Saturday. I was surprised to see so many nice cars show up considering the fine MI weather Ocala was experiencing on that day!

As others have stated, I go to shows these days to look at the cars, meet new friends, chat with old friends, etc....

Whenever you have participant voting at shows, it always seems to be an issue of some sort. i.e. larger clubs showing up and giving all ballots to one or 2 persons to pick for the entire group, voting for horsepower over show worthyness, and on and on! I have also seen those that don't win an award (wether deserved or not, go on a rampage venting their frustrations at not winning an award).

Just go to the shows and enjoy yourself regardless if you "win" a trophy or not!

I made the trek to the show from Michigan (kinda, you see I flew down to Tampa). Was at the show with gt67 on Saturday. I was surprised to see so many nice cars show up considering the fine MI weather Ocala was experiencing on that day!

As others have stated, I go to shows these days to look at the cars, meet new friends, chat with old friends, etc....

Whenever you have participant voting at shows, it always seems to be an issue of some sort. i.e. larger clubs showing up and giving all ballots to one or 2 persons to pick for the entire group, voting for horsepower over show worthyness, and on and on! I have also seen those that don't win an award (wether deserved or not, go on a rampage venting their frustrations at not winning an award).

Just go to the shows and enjoy yourself regardless if you "win" a trophy or not!

I guess if you don't have an award winning car, you would think you have to give me advice! I ALSO GO TO THE SHOWS TO MEET OLD FRIENDS AND NEW. AND OF COURSE ,SEE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL CARS. I am venting ,yes. I am just stating a fact.I don't need any more lecturing,we got enough on sunday from npd!!

I live fairly close to NPD and will try and get a response to the issues you have posted. NPD may want to respond directly or I'll try and relate what they say. Also, I looked at all of the Shelby cars pretty carefully, and it was hard to see any of the newer cars that stood out much over the others. Assuming all 2005-2010 cars are clean, not damaged, how does one car win and another not?? Just asking?

I live fairly close to NPD and will try and get a response to the issues you have posted. NPD may want to respond directly or I'll try and relate what they say. Also, I looked at all of the Shelby cars pretty carefully, and it was hard to see any of the newer cars that stood out much over the others. Assuming all 2005-2010 cars are clean, not damaged, how does one car win and another not?? Just asking?

I DON'T THINK YOU SAW MY CAR.I AM ON YOU TUBE GT500 BLUE 1 ST VIDEO THE AIR BRUSHED SUPER SNAKE HOOD. BLUE DIAMOND IS THE CAR. I WON THE BROTHERS PREFORMANCE SHOW AND HIGHEST HP BACK IN DECEMBER.THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

I was there and froze my a** off! Wished it hadn't rained for the ride to Cedar Key, that part was much nicer last year! I stayed through Sunday, heard the lecture, and no, I didn't win anything. (Come to think of it, I've NEVER won anything!) I wish they would have posted ALL of the results...I know I got TWO votes!

Sam

GT.

Gt, what local car club do you belong to? I get involed with MCM out of Miami. They are great bunch of guys , but I would also like to check

others in Broward thats where I live.

07Shelby

Gt, what local car club do you belong to? I get involed with MCM out of Miami. They are great bunch of guys , but I would also like to check

others in Broward thats where I live.

07Shelby

Fort Lauderdale Mustang Club....

http://www.flmustangclub.com/

Come-on by...we meet the first Wednesday of each month...

GT

Fort Lauderdale Mustang Club....

http://www.flmustangclub.com/

Come-on by...we meet the first Wednesday of each month...

GT

Thanks Gt, I going to try to make your next meeting. I drive an 07 Red conv GT500 the only differance it has a KR hood which I just put on. Hopefully we will get to meet. My name is Miguel

I DON'T THINK YOU SAW MY CAR.I AM ON YOU TUBE GT500 BLUE 1 ST VIDEO THE AIR BRUSHED SUPER SNAKE HOOD. BLUE DIAMOND IS THE CAR. I WON THE BROTHERS PREFORMANCE SHOW AND HIGHEST HP BACK IN DECEMBER.THANKS

Was your Shelby in the Grass in front of the Stage between the Vendor Tents and the Giraffs with the Air Brushing under the Hood and all the bling? If it is the one I am thinking of, A couple of Friends and I checked it and we all thought that it was way too over the Top with all the Bling and stuff. We Voted for Vic's Shelby because it was "Just Right".

Can you post a Pic of it?

Archived