TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help decide between 2008 GT500KR or 2010 GT500

alvinlee888

+1

I'm gonna have to second that, and you will pay far less for the 2010 than the KR. Much more civilized driving car, if you intend to drive it alot. I had the opportunity to pick up a KR when my 2010 came in, and side by side I felt the 2010 was much more improved, and cheaper to boot. Sure, maybe 30 years from now, IF you don't drive that KR much, it ill be worth some nice bucks... If you're looking to make money, banking on a car to appreciate is not a great decision. All comes down to what your purpose for the car is.

Sure the KR isn't as comfortable in it's ride, that is why it does better on a skidpad than the 2010 by 0.1G. I think the back end of the 2010 is not to my liking but you have to be happy. I wouldn't have purchased a 2010, it hasn't grown on me, actually the opposite, now the front end is nice . . .

My purpose for the car is a fair weather toy, my daily driver would be my '08 F450 no matter what I chose as a second car.

My opinion is KR. The performance between a '07-'09 GT500, KR, and '10 GT500 is really not that significant.

The KR goes thru a very significant transformation process done by Shelby in Vegas. The others are factory cars.

I think history will look back at the KR more favorably, and if I wanted to remember owning one, someday, I'd rather think back to the KR versus the '10. History shows cars improving all the time, but yet we look back real fondly on certain cars, the Shelby's, Boss's, etc... Look up and read some reviews of Boss 429's. Not very good reviews back when they were new, yet they are super desireable now.

The '10 might be a "better" car, but the KR is a more "special" car.

I'd get the KR. Red with silver stripes is my lust machine....

If you want a "garage queen" and have the extra money for purchase and maintenance, get the KR. If you want the latest technology and a "comfortable" performance Shelby, get the 2010 GT500. IMOHO, I think the "plastic" interior of the 2007-09 Shelby is as ugly as many think the rear of the 2010 is. Sit in both (after all, that's what the driver "sees and feels") and I think the choice is clear. In the end, it's all personal preference. One thing we ALL agree on, they're SHELBY's.... and not loser GM or Chrysler products.

08 KR all the way......only 1011 built!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's way more cool looking and it IS teh 40th Anniversary.

... and they are not garage queens and the maintenance cost is the same as any other GT500........take a look........and teh last picture, is what most get to see.....perhaps that's why they don't liuke the KR! :hysterical:

post-11597-126340345911_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340348895_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340352475_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340354735_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340345911_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340348895_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340352475_thumb.jpg

post-11597-126340354735_thumb.jpg

I was in a similar situation. My Dealer had an 08 KR that he wanted to move, but I was holding out for a 2011. He was in the low-to-mid $60's for the KR so I took a serious look. He had a 2010 in the showroom to so I spent some time sitting in it and in the KR. I like the exterior looks of the KR better but like the interior of the 2010 better. My situation is a little different in that I really want a vert. If the KR were availabe in a vert I would have gotten it. If I wanted a coupe, I would have bought the KR...it's a frickin' KR!!!! Actually, late October/early November I offered $57k for the KR but he turned me down. I would have made him do the clutch TSB before purchasing though. He sold it a couple of weeks later for somewhere between $60k and $65k, he would not tell me excactly how much. I really want a vert, so I'll be ordering a 2011. If your set on a coupe, get the KR.

I can not speak for the KR, I have only been in one GT500, and it's the 2010 I bought. I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier. There are alot of guys that don't like how the 2010's rear ends look, but I like it. I also like the look of the front end of the 10's better so my vote would be for the 2010..

As some people have mentioned..it sort of depends on your intentions for the purchase. Speaking strictly as a daily driver and being a ton of fun...I don't think you can go wrong with the 2010 model. Same power and better around town manners..and a lower price. And yes, I'm biased to a certain extent..but I've had mine for 7 months and my heart still starts to race every time I even walk up to the car.

As some people have mentioned..it sort of depends on your intentions for the purchase. Speaking strictly as a daily driver and being a ton of fun...I don't think you can go wrong with the 2010 model. Same power and better around town manners..and a lower price. And yes, I'm biased to a certain extent..but I've had mine for 7 months and my heart still starts to race every time I even walk up to the car.

+1 If its going to be a driver get the 2010. If you want a really rare car get the KR. In the end its your choice, your car, and I will guarantee no matter which one you get you will be very happy and it will bring you many years of fun and smiles. :happy feet:

Simple:

KR-Collectors Item-not a DD, will eventually need the clutch TSB

2010-An 07-09 with all the improvements and refinements

One other thing, make sure you check out the prices for KR parts. There's been numerous threads about $19,000 hoods and so forth.

This is a no-brainer IMO unless you really just want a KR.

Hi guys and mentors happy.gif

Need your advice.

I'm currently stuck between choosing a 2008 GT500KR or a 2010 GT500.

Both are brand new.

What do you think is a better car and why?

Hope you guys could help me.

Thanks so much

I had the same opportunity, drove both, 2010 easily won. I still don't see the huge difference in appearance from the rear like some say, a little more aerodynamic and different letter spacing... far from ugly imo. As far as an investment... well a good investment is +10% a year, 99.99% of cars won't come close

Gotta be the GT 500 if you are going to be driving the car regularly. Try and buy a unique to the KR part in 5 years.....and you will have time to read a full set of encyclopedias while waiting for the item you need to put your KR back together :banghead: . Just my opinion. Two or three days later you will have the GT 500 back on the road and snarling at the wannabes! :shift:

I had the pleasure or driving all 3 (08 GT-500 , 09 KR, and 2010 GT-500) I also had the same choice and went from the '08 GT-500 to the '09 KR.

The bottom line is this. Both cars are good with one not holding any big advantage over the other. It all comes down to personal taste. To be quite honest (this may come as a surprise to some) I like the interior on the '07-09's better. While the materials may not be as good, I just like the layout and looks better. It would not be a sole deciding factor in buying the car though. I also like the exterior looks better on the '07-09's but, again it's all personal choice.

The thing I like most about the 2010 GT-500 is the exhaust tone and the fact it comes with a factory CAI. Ford did good in this department. The front of the 2010 looks good too and I also like the rims. Again, it doesn't come down to "which is the better car", because that's subjective. It comes down to which is the better car for YOU. For me, it was the KR.

Good luck either way and welcome to the Shelby family.

oops :shrug:

I didn't think you could get a KR for $55,000.....

I was wrong

ebay red/silver 1027mi used 2008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT500KR-710-1027-ORIG-MLS-TRY-FINDING-ONE-FOR-LE_W0QQitemZ310194612721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item48390a29f1

Try findin' a *O9* for that price.

Phill

another question guys,

since the 2010 has a Nav system...i was wondering if that would work here in Asia?

I have a car with GPS Nav and it uses a media card where all the data is stored.

does the 2010 Nav system also have a media card slot where I could install my country's GPS info?

Thanks again

Archived