TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post TSB Clutch Installed

Imatk

So I couldn't get the dealer to swap my clutch since I had no symptoms of the TSB, so rather than waiting for the inevitable I was lucky enough to find a post TSB clutch for sale and had it installed yesterday.

The TSB clutch performs a bit differently than the original clutch.

The pedal is a bit firmer so effort is a bit more, I would imagine this is due to the new flywheel being nickle... maybe the smoother surface needs a little more pressure to grab properly.

Not to say it's totally different, but it is a little firmer.

The TSB clutch also chatters a bit more than the original as well, but after driving just a few minutes I was able to pull away with no chatter... I suspect it will take me a bit to get fully used to it though.

Personally I preferred the original clutch to the TSB clutch, BUT I'm very glad that I had the TSB clutch put in. Now I don't have to worry about the flywheel warping or my transmission being damaged due to a faulty design.

Oh I also had the FRPP shifter installed and the lighter harmonic balancer.

The shifter is VERY nice :)

The harmonic balancer... don't notice any change, but I'm sure my crank does ;)

So I couldn't get the dealer to swap my clutch since I had no symptoms of the TSB, so rather than waiting for the inevitable I was lucky enough to find a post TSB clutch for sale and had it installed yesterday.

The TSB clutch performs a bit differently than the original clutch.

The pedal is a bit firmer so effort is a bit more, I would imagine this is due to the new flywheel being nickle... maybe the smoother surface needs a little more pressure to grab properly.

Not to say it's totally different, but it is a little firmer.

The TSB clutch also chatters a bit more than the original as well, but after driving just a few minutes I was able to pull away with no chatter... I suspect it will take me a bit to get fully used to it though.

Personally I preferred the original clutch to the TSB clutch, BUT I'm very glad that I had the TSB clutch put in. Now I don't have to worry about the flywheel warping or my transmission being damaged due to a faulty design.

Oh I also had the FRPP shifter installed and the lighter harmonic balancer.

The shifter is VERY nice :)

The harmonic balancer... don't notice any change, but I'm sure my crank does ;)

Glad it worked out well for you!!!

Alex

Archived