TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Window Sticker

69deluxe

Right under AM/FM stereo/6-CD in Dash/MP3 it says:

JOB #2 ORDER

OUrs says nothing about job # . Ours was not an ordered car. We got it off the lot. Wondering if the window stickers show the job #'s only on the ordered ones On the bottom right corner of ours it does have a date of 6/12/06 with a 19 digit number before it. Have no clue what that number is. Would you have any idea?

OUrs says nothing about job # . Ours was not an ordered car. We got it off the lot. Wondering if the window stickers show the job #'s only on the ordered ones On the bottom right corner of ours it does have a date of 6/12/06 with a 19 digit number before it. Have no clue what that number is. Would you have any idea?

Job #2 cars started in Dec. 06. Job #1 was maybe not spelled out on the stickers !

The Job # may not be on the real window stickers. Maybe it's only on these digital ones.

Here's mine (sorry for blocking out the Vin# with the red rectangle):

It's stated within the optional equipment list. The digital window stickers don't look all that similar to the real ones which is why they have a disclaimer at the top that says it's a representation.

I wonder if the early Job#2 cars have to go through additional QC before being released. Perhaps that is why mine, and others on the board recently, are so late to arrive?

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 6 2007, 01:50 PM) 85442[/snapback]

Dave, the dealership that sold you your GT500 can order you a replacement Monroney Sticker for up to 3 years after the day of sale. Ford sends it in a big enough envelope so that it is not folded. Makes for a nice keepsake that you won't have to iron and it's free. Never hurts to have a second Monroney Sticker for posterity!

Thanks FiveOh, but I was really looking for an electronic version. As for my paper version that came on the car, I had it laminated, and the heat from the laminator along with the pressing rollers removed all creases...it's flawless. See the below thread for a pic.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=5216&st=60

Dave

Don't worry Dave, hubby ironed his window sticker as well and I did same thing rolled my eyes.....But have to admit it does look good in a frame now! :lol:

Anyone know where exactly on the window sticker the job # is located? We are looking at our window sticker and cant seem to find it :headscratch:

See my response to FiveOhB above. :happy feet:

hey grabber it worked for me

hey grabber it worked for me

Unfortunately the scan cut off a small portion of the sticker at the bottom that shows some key info. You'll see when you get the real sticker.

Job #1 will never be printed on a window sticker, as Ford doesn't necessarily make changes to each model throughout a given model year. But, for vehicles where standard (or optional) equipment changes are made, the Job #2 Order tag will be put on the window sticker so that dealers know which car is which.

Kinda like when a new movie comes out and then sequels follow. The sequels may be titled "2," "3," etc., but the original movie wouldn't be labeled as "1." For example, the movie "Jaws" is not called "Jaws 1" just because sequels (i.e. Jaws 2 and Jaws 3) came out later.

I see dealers do it all the time and put the reprints on lease cars for sale, ask your dealer.

Ok, now you're insulting my intelligence dog house boy :rant::hysterical: . I did ask my dealer...he evidently is not as knowledgeable..he doesn't know how to do it. If someone can send me steps as to which system he must go in, then perhaps I can get him to do it. Or, if someone can do it for me, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get this to work. I have a vin, car is scheduled to be bucked on 01/19. Does it not work untill the car is built?

Chris

What type of error are you getting?

It's possible that your car is not far enough along in the process. It did work for Grabber and I don't think his was bucked at the time. :shrug: Give it a try tomorrow...

• 1 month later...
Has anyone yet figured a way to get an electronic window sticker (.pdf) on a car that's already delivered, like mine?

I've tried about every avenue I can think of. Some people have said they could do it, but then ended up not being able to deliver.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

What happened to your window sticker???

Alan

Hey, you know what's really cool?

After pulling up the window sticker, highlight it by right clicking on it, select all, copy.....then paste into a new email as if you were going to email it.

Then have fun EDITING everything!!!! LOL

Got a new Shelby GT with the 6-speed manual, 5.4L 4V Engine, MSRP $62,000, MPG 57 city 68 Highway.......LOL

Think of the mods you could do with that! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived