TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how many miles do you think these cars can run.

I know these cars are still too new but do you think these cars are good for a 100k driven with somewhat normal use and regular up keep. Tks.

The engine was designed by Ford to exceed 100,000 miles. I got this information first had from an SVT Engineer on engine design and development team.

However, should you decide to road race your car and make a lot of horsepower and beat the crap out of it, this will not be the case.

My motor expired shortly before 8,000 miles. She was a good motor and owed me nothing.

Regular maintenance and GOOD FUEL the car will go a long way.

Van

If I continue to keep mine as a daily driver, I expect to get at least 200,000 miles out of it before anything major needs tending to. I expect a few clutches here and there, and maybe even a supercharger repair, but with regular maintenance and the aforementioned use of good gas, I see it being as trouble-free as any Mustang I've owned, mechanically speaking.

-Sudguy4

The engine was designed by Ford to exceed 100,000 miles. I got this information first had from an SVT Engineer on engine design and development team.

However, should you decide to road race your car and make a lot of horsepower and beat the crap out of it, this will not be the case.

My motor expired shortly before 8,000 miles. She was a good motor and owed me nothing.

Holy Crap! only 8,000 miles?

Regular maintenance and GOOD FUEL the car will go a long way.

Van

I know these cars are still too new but do you think these cars are good for a 100k driven with somewhat normal use and regular up keep. Tks.

I know these cars are making more hp than the Lightnings and cobras of past years, but if you look you will see a surprising number of those supercharged fords with over 100k and still running strong. I wouldn't think these would be any differant, especially if takin care of like the others said. Good gas and regular oil changes.

:hysterical:

I bet those were 8,000 very high quality miles though!

Damn Straight!

@ 7,995 miles I was doing 193 MPH at Daytona flat footing it out of the Chicane past the start finish line when it let go.

It wouldn't have let go if I hadn't gotten skimped at the pump. The car was tuned to run on 93 octane for datalogging, testing and racing. The first time I saw the A/F meter go above 12 I let out of it and the the damage was done.

Out of those 8,000 miles 6,500 were on a road course and the car was being given a beat down in everyone of those 6,500 miles.

I've got friends that have tracked and raced with me....all of them will tell you, I don't lift until it's time to brake and turn.

I proudly carry the title of, "the latest of the late brakers" :hysterical:

hysterical.gif

Damn Straight!

@ 7,995 miles I was doing 193 MPH at Daytona flat footing it out of the Chicane past the start finish line when it let go.

It wouldn't have let go if I hadn't gotten skimped at the pump. The car was tuned to run on 93 octane for datalogging, testing and racing. The first time I saw the A/F meter go above 12 I let out of it and the the damage was done.

Out of those 8,000 miles 6,500 were on a road course and the car was being given a beat down in everyone of those 6,500 miles.

I've got friends that have tracked and raced with me....all of them will tell you, I don't lift until it's time to brake and turn.

I proudly carry the title of, "the latest of the late brakers" hysterical.gif

This should be the post of the year!! ROCK ON!!!!

:hysterical:

Damn Straight!

I proudly carry the title of, "the latest of the late brakers" :hysterical:

How many sets of brake pads have you gone through?

My 07 GT500 had 74K on it when I sold it...still ran super strong after being wrecked once, road raced, drag raced and used by me and several other companies to develop parts.....it was a true daily driver and always kept up....the new owner also drives it daily and it was at 91K last time I saw it 4 months ago, although it didn't look as nice as it did when I had it. These motors are very strong..

Alex

The good thing about supercharged/turbo cars is that they are built stronger from the ground up to withstand the stresses of boost. If you drive it reasonably sane, use good oil and don't mod the heck out of it they should go well over 100,000 miles.

Archived