TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Las Vegas Bash 2010

Well I stopped by the event Sunday morning to see the car show and it was pretty impressive. Quite a few nice Mustangs, but I only saw one Dodge out front. Of course it was geared more for the Shelby Mustang in my opinion. Very impressive though. I did take a shot of the White Dakota in the museum and the lone Black GLHS out front. I would love to bring my Shelby Dakota to the bash next year but I really do wonder how they feel about having Dodges at an event like that.

Bob

GLHS.jpg

dakota1.jpg

That GLHS belongs to Chris P., and I brought it out from my place in NM. It is #432, and is fresh from a 2.5 year long, ground up restoration. Here are some pics of it from yesterday:

CIMG5163__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5166__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5180__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5183__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5185__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5204__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5205__scaled_512.jpg

CIMG5206__scaled_512.jpg

I will post up some pics of the other SD's that were there when I get some time. Steve Thornton was the key individual in getting myself, Vic D (with his 89 CSX) and GLHS #432 out to the 2010 Bash. Without Steve, none of it would have happened, as he jumped through some hoops to get us in the door at the very last minute. He brought Amy over to look at the GLHS, and at his urging, Amy agreed to have this GLHS inducted into the museum at Shelby this week! We are very excited about this, and I cannot thank Steve enough for his efforts.

I had an absolute blast at the Bash, and am looking forward to returning next year. Some of the Shelby Dodge folks are apprehensive about coming to an event like this, due to past history with SD and Shelby Ford guys not getting along. Well, I can tell you first hand that new Shelby Ford owners are a whole new breed, and not only are they accepting of our little Dodges, they are actually very enthusiastic about them! to these guys, the Shelby Dodges are part of the family, and represent the heritage that is built into their cars. Without the Shelby Dodges, there would not have been new Shelby Fords. These guys understand that, and think it is pretty cool. They also saw the potential of these cars at the track, as Alan, Todd and the rest of the gang mixed it up on course, and really impressed the heck out of them. As a Shelby Dodge "lifer", I cannot stress enough how we need to support the Shelby events, such as this one, and a good Shelby Dodge turnout at events will only help us as a community more and more in the future. So, if you were worried about coming out, don't. It was a good time had by all!

Bob sorry I missed you at the car show. We had about five Shelby Dodge's from SoCal that participated in the Bash except for the car show, they headed home early Sunday morning.

There was an 1989 Shelby CSX, 1984 Rampage and a 1998 Shelby Durango in the parking lot that were not entered in the actual car show. Of course the Mustangs are the majority but if one looks around enough there will always be Shelby Dodges in the mix.

Steve

Plenty of love for the Shelby Dodges at Team Shelby events. I've attended all the Birthday Bash's, the Terlingua Reunion, etc and have always had a great time. This year, unfortunately, I was sick as a dog(ER room on Friday) and had to miss a lot of the fun. Even in my drug induced haze, I still was able to enjoy portions of the event. I brought two cars and would have brought three if another driver could have been found. To give you an idea of how much fun you will have with your Shelby Dodge at the events-I have some examples of Shelby inspiredFord power that I've yet to bring because the enthusiasm for the Dodges has been so great.

terlingua176rq6.th.jpg

terlingua005rs9.th.jpg

Bob sorry I missed you at the car show. We had about five Shelby Dodge's from SoCal that participated in the Bash except for the car show, they headed home early Sunday morning.

There was an 1989 Shelby CSX, 1984 Rampage and a 1998 Shelby Durango in the parking lot that were not entered in the actual car show. Of course the Mustangs are the majority but if one looks around enough there will always be Shelby Dodges in the mix.

Steve

Steve,

Yes, sorry I missed you too. Sounds like from the responses that having a Dodge Shelby there is a small plus, so I will bring my Dakota next year, I doubt I will have it done for "Mopars at the Strip" in late March.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

Yes, sorry I missed you too. Sounds like from the responses that having a Dodge Shelby there is a small plus, so I will bring my Dakota next year, I doubt I will have it done for "Mopars at the Strip" in late March.

Bob

And I'm hoping to get #988 to the Shelby Bash next year. I couldn't get the mechanical ills out of it in time for this year's event.

Warren

Hey Bob -

The Shelby Dodges are truly welcome at the Bash.

I've been to the Bash for the last three years, done the Bash track days twice, and before that the track days at the SAAC Does Vegas X. Every time, nothing but love and genuine interest in my 86 GLHS.

We left early Sunday, but for that I might have met you. Next time.

John Laing

Archived