TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black 2010 SS for sale

Beautiful car!!

I would hate to spend $$$ on a "Brand New" car as advertised in this auction, only to find it had been titled before I bought it, and not still on MSO as a "New" car would be.

R

45 min away from me too........but $90k ?? plus adding our crooked tax system in that..........good luck

I paid $56K, OUT THE DOOR (excluding CO title/reg) for my 2010 GT500. That's MSRP, plus options, plus dealer prep, plus CO sales tax! (I paid another ~$1200 for title/reg)

Add another $33K for the SS package with the 750HP KB/Eibach upgrade and that comes to just *under* $90K.

So they're trying to get their money back AND SOME.

The item description says it has 200 miles on the car. I don't think that qualifies it as a "new car". I think it's something like under 50 miles for a new car, otherwise it's used. It *might* not be pre-owned (i.e. titled) but it ain't NEW either (IMHO).

Still...sure is a nice car!

Phill

You beat me to it Phil... Was going to ask the same question.

I thought that the plaque was affixed after the "Snaking process" was inspected and certified.

Strange...

I've been told there is a production shortage of the plaques for the 2010 GT500's but not the Snakes. Not sure if they'll get a plaque in the future when production catches up to demand but yeah, after the recent White SS w/Blue stripe debacle, I wonder why there isn't a plaque on that car!

It would be just in front of the shifter, where the little 'Snyc' plaque sits now. And the Sync plaque IS THERE so it appears that there was never a plaque there.

I'm hoping Roger/rosssvt will chime in.

I smell a snake, and it ain't a Super Snake I'm smellin'! LOL

It doesn't show a underhood CSM plate either. I'd think that if *I* were sellin' a SS, I'd have the CSM door sill plates, console plague and underhood plate prominately displayed.

I didn't notice...do the wheels have the Super Snake engraving? (I'll look).

FWIW,

Phill

I don't see a CSM numbered console plaque on it.

Phill

I thought that we were told that the plates were behind in production, or there was a change, or something? This is back when we asked about the 2010 Super Snake specifics and someone from SAI responded.

R

....as long as it hasn't been registered with our Min. of Transport, it will be considered new. This guy can drive with a dealer plate unregistered for 5000 kms and it can be called new but who would buy it then........?

I would guess that the "Min. of Transportation" is the same as the Dept. of Motor Vehicles in Fla.? When I had my Super Snake built, I was told (by SAI) that it did have to be registered and I had to show proof of this Fla. DMV registration in my name. No unregistered dealer plate cars, no MSO's. This is also part of the Super Snake requirements, "Post Title". This means that someone, somewhere has titled this car to have it Super Snaked. Once titled, it is no longer brand new, it could have 200 original miles on it and be in "New" condition, but it has been titled. Titled means first owner. First owner means "used".<<<But yes, the dealership owner could be the first titled owner.

R

it definately looks like authentic SS rims.

123qnvb.jpg

The non-SS Alcoas only say Shelby Forged. in the pic you can see "snake" towards the bottom of the pic and what I would guess is "super" before it.

Has the VIN so I would guess someone would be able to look it up to make sure. 1ZVBP8JS2A5145870

As for the price being the same/little more than buying a new car and SS package, maybe he had to pay more since he's in Canada. not sure though

I would guess that the "Min. of Transportation" is the same as the Dept. of Motor Vehicles in Fla.? When I had my Super Snake built, I was told (by SAI) that it did have to be registered and I had to show proof of this Fla. DMV registration in my name. No unregistered dealer plate cars, no MSO's. This is also part of the Super Snake requirements, "Post Title". This means that someone, somewhere has titled this car to have it Super Snaked. Once titled, it is no longer brand new, it could have 200 original miles on it and be in "New" condition, but it has been titled. Titled means first owner. First owner means "used".<<<But yes, the dealership owner could be the first titled owner.

R

yes, you are correct, the Ministry of Transportation...........and good point, not sure how Shelby works...........maybe it does have to be registered before they SS it.

yes, you are correct, the Ministry of Transportation...........and good point, not sure how Shelby works...........maybe it does have to be registered before they SS it.

I believe that SS is considered a post-title mod.... cannot come straight from Ford. I think it has to be bought and titled before SAI will take it? correct me if i'm wrong.

I believe that SS is considered a post-title mod.... cannot come straight from Ford. I think it has to be bought and titled before SAI will take it? correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh, *good* point!

Yes, the Super Snake is in fact a "post (i.e. 'after') title" addition.

At least in the USA. I'm not sure if CAN allows modifications prior to sale or not but I'd *assume* that SAI dictates 'post' title.

Good point, I hadn't even thought about that aspect.

Phill Pollard

I thought that we were told that the plates were behind in production, or there was a change, or something? This is back when we asked about the 2010 Super Snake specifics and someone from SAI responded.

R

Robert,

If I recall correctly, that was for the 'plain jane' ID plates (i.e. GT500, not CSM) Roger said they were behind on production with.

Which is why I suggested that *maybe* they had a delay in the plaques for the SS program and would get them the plaque later on.

But my counter point to that would be, the small "Sync" plaque is still on the car and if *I* were going to do it, I'd remove the Sync plaque so the dealer (or SAI Rep) could add the SAI CSM plaque later on.

I was hoping Roger might chime in because I'm purely speculating.

Phill Pollard

Another Super Snake only item that I see on this 2010 is the "Super Snake" logo'ed pulley on the KB. The OTC (over the counter) S.P.P. KB has a similar pulley, but it says Shelby GT500 and is offered to the public as a Super Snake blower, but no "Super Snake" logo.

R

I have a black '08 SuperSnake with Black Satin stripes...I was kind of curious how you did the red glow inside the hood scoops. Is there a kit for that? It looks awesome!

are u talking about my signature? It is actually a picture taken of the Knight Rider GT500KR when it was in NYC for a promo event when the show 1st started

Archived