TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WILL FORD AND SHELBY BUILD A 2010

davidwhuff

Why would they? There are plenty of 08 & 09 at dealer's lots ,and the ones that sell are selling for FAR less than they anticipated.

"EXACTLY" the point!!!!!!!!

Why did they build too many 08/09 KRs so they would sell at a loss??????

Why stop now when your on a roll????????? :hysterical:

This is a question that should be saved for Amy. I just messaged her and i'll report back here as to what she says.

The KR is a great car, there are reasons why they are on lots and that has nothing to do with it being a great car.

Could we build another KR down the road....yes, are there plans right now.....nope

Amy

The KR is a great car, there are reasons why they are on lots and that has nothing to do with it being a great car.

Could we build another KR down the road....yes, are there plans right now.....nope

Amy

Yes, they are GREAT cars....I have one........Yes, there are reasons why they sit on lots, one being the economy is the worst we have seen since the great depression, others:

2) There aren't many people willing or capable of paying huge dealer ADM's on this vehicle.

3) Fairly high MSRP for this type of vehicle.

Just my .02

Frankly I would be more then upset if SAI built another KR. The KR is supposed to be and was represented to be a limited production car. If SAI were to build another KR I believe it would reflect poorly on them since the KR was sold and represented as a limited production car and to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the KR. That was one of its selling points. It would adversly impact the value of the 2008/2009 KRs which is unfair to those that bought them. If a company sells a product thats represented to be a limited production product and then shortly thereafter after productoin was supposed to end for good comes out with another run of the product it would make me shy away from buying anything represented as a limited production product from that company again and would likely cause others to feel the same. This is MHO.

If its limited production, and sold as a limited production car it should not be produced again. Period.

SAI is doing the right thing by not having any plans to do another KR.

Now if in another 40 years were are all still around and they want to make an 80th anniversary KR....maybe...

To be honest, I can't see SAI building another "KR" for at least 10 years....if ever.

The next moniker will be the GT-350. Only wish I had free cash for that but, investment property in the Carolinas take precedent.

Frankly I would be more then upset if SAI built another KR. The KR is supposed to be and was represented to be a limited production car. If SAI were to build another KR I believe it would reflect poorly on them since the KR was sold and represented as a limited production car and to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the KR. That was one of its selling points. It would adversly impact the value of the 2008/2009 KRs which is unfair to those that bought them. If a company sells a product thats represented to be a limited production product and then shortly thereafter after productoin was supposed to end for good comes out with another run of the product it would make me shy away from buying anything represented as a limited production product from that company again and would likely cause others to feel the same. This is MHO.

If its limited production, and sold as a limited production car it should not be produced again. Period.

SAI is doing the right thing by not having any plans to do another KR.

Now if in another 40 years were are all still around and they want to make an 80th anniversary KR....maybe...

2013-45th Anniversary, only 2 MY's away

2013-45th Anniversary, only 2 MY's away

Again, I think they'll keep with the units they built for '08-'09 because a big deal was made about sticking to the original production numbers of the 68 GT-500's.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope there are enough people on this planet to buy all these Shelby's. I bet some of 07-08 get traded in on the 2011-2012. I for one still don't like the looks of the 2010 compared to the 07-09 style.It's just not the rear it's the whole package. It also seems like alot of 2010's are loaded with options like nav which adds 2K to the price. So if you trade your stuck with options you don't want. I am talking cars on the lot.

It seems like the overwhelming consensus is the that the 07 to 09 body style is much nicer than the 2010 and 2011s.

I agree. They have a more classic Mustang appearance.

I concur. Had my '09 KR next to a 2010 GT-500 and no matter where I looked, I preferred the 05-09 S197 style.

QUESTION: What are the 2010 + models called? The 05-09 are the S-197 models. What about the 2010 + models?

Archived