TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cost for having Ford side scoops painted?

Hi guys - For those of you that have had a pair of Ford side scoops (lower ones) painted, would you share what the cost was? I have a pair of new ones and want to establish an "average" price as I head out to get estimates.

Also, if there is anything specific I should ask for (ie...."x" number of coats of clear or "x" number of coats of base, etc.) please share that info as well.

Thanks!!

Dan

Hi guys - For those of you that have had a pair of Ford side scoops (lower ones) painted, would you share what the cost was? I have a pair of new ones and want to establish an "average" price as I head out to get estimates.

Also, if there is anything specific I should ask for (ie...."x" number of coats of clear or "x" number of coats of base, etc.) please share that info as well.

Thanks!!

Dan

I spent $150 to have my side scoops done. they fish eyed a little and the body shop tried to pass them off. Had to take them back to have them re painted. They baked the paint dry some how and the scoops warped a little so check em out real good when you pick them up... Great add on the the side of the car, Ford should have put the side scoops on the GT500 from the factory like the california specials did.

I spent $150 to have my side scoops done. they fish eyed a little and the body shop tried to pass them off. Had to take them back to have them re painted. They baked the paint dry some how and the scoops warped a little so check em out real good when you pick them up... Great add on the the side of the car, Ford should have put the side scoops on the GT500 from the factory like the california specials did.

Where did you buy you scoops from and which one's are they. I want some. Tks

Where did you buy you scoops from and which one's are they. I want some. Tks

Blue Oval Industries. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013265

They are $195.00 and genuine Ford.

I agree, they should have come from the factory on our GT500s. I had been considering the upper scoops as well, but I will start with the lower ones for now. I may just leave the quarter window alone.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! At least I have a range now to work with.

Dan

Thanks!!

Dan

You can get side scoops painted to match from Cervini's for $180.95 more than the base price of the scoops. No fuss, no muss. Part # PTD4306

Cervini painted side scoops

There are prob other vendors that offer the same.

Good Luck!

Archived