TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantam Mod Shop in Dallas

At the risk of stating the obvious, it seems folks have either had great performance by Quantum or it has been a disaster for them. Any news on what SAI is going to do with them, if anything?

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
I am sure there are a few good places either here in Houston.

Les at Quartermile Solutions does impeccable work and is very timely in his responses to customers. Hell....I watched him tinker with a muffler on a Roush car for fifteen minutes because "it just isn't sitting squarely in the bumper cutout." He finally got it to where he liked it and the customer was happy. Not sure what the requirements are to become a mod shop for SAI but I'd highly recommend this one.

Quantum did my Terlingua last year. They finished it as fast as the parts came in from SAI.

I've had a ball driving it and haven't had any problems.

No regrets here :happy feet: :happy feet:

I've watched this forum & am disappointed by the negative posts. Take it easy, guys! Kenny & the guys @ Quantum are human- they have feelings. They have families to take care of. If you have an issue- please, contact Kenny. I'm confident it'll get resolved.

Just like TRT, I'm satisfied with Quantum, Kenny, and of course, my SS!!

Quantum did a great job on my SuperSnake- pre-delivery to Quantum, during the build, for post-mods, & service afterward! As an example: I live about 400 miles from their shop. The blower shaft seal started seaping shortly after getting the car home. Kenny sent a technician to my home & changed out the seal- no- the entire TVS blower! Now that's Service!!! Did he have to handle it that way? No- but he did & that's his way- above & beyond what's called for. Kenny's getting prepared to perform additional mods to my SS soon. I never worry how I'm going to be treated, nor my car while it's there. Recently, I bought a KR. When/If I decide to perform any upgrades to it, Kenny will do them. Thanks, Kenny, for providing those of us in the Southwest a great shop to work with!

post-21354-12653838503_thumb.jpg

post-21354-12653838503_thumb.jpg

I've watched this forum & am disappointed by the negative posts. Take it easy, guys! Kenny & the guys @ Quantum are human- they have feelings. They have families to take care of. If you have an issue- please, contact Kenny. I'm confident it'll get resolved.

Just like TRT, I'm satisfied with Quantum, Kenny, and of course, my SS!!

Quantum did a great job on my SuperSnake- pre-delivery to Quantum, during the build, for post-mods, & service afterward! As an example: I live about 400 miles from their shop. The blower shaft seal started seaping shortly after getting the car home. Kenny sent a technician to my home & changed out the seal- no- the entire TVS blower! Now that's Service!!! Did he have to handle it that way? No- but he did & that's his way- above & beyond what's called for. Kenny's getting prepared to perform additional mods to my SS soon. I never worry how I'm going to be treated, nor my car while it's there. Recently, I bought a KR. When/If I decide to perform any upgrades to it, Kenny will do them. Thanks, Kenny, for providing those of us in the Southwest a great shop to work with!

I have been watching this topic as well and I agree 1000+ with you. Kenny, Glenn, AJ, Mike and the rest of the QP crew were absolutley the best when it came to working on my car. I could not of been happier with the results and the professional way in which I was treated. They took their time to answer each and every question I had and even had great suggestions on some things to make the job even better. Kenny has a tremendous passion for what he and his company represent and the work they do. When I need more work, I too will be going back to see the guys at QP. I am very confident not only in QP's work, but SAI and Tasca as well. Just because it's an approved mod shop does not mean you won't have problems, but to me it does mean they will stand behind their work. Over the last year, I have read various problems at each one of the shops, but after it was all said and done, I think each one was resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Also, I tend to remind myself that there are always 3 sides to a story, his, hers and the truth. My hopes are that anyone having problems will pick up the phone and call the respective mod shop and let them know what the issue is and ask how can we get this resolved. JMO Craig

Actually, I had an issue as well when we got the car home. Noticed that the front brake caliper was leaking oil and getting on the side of my car! We had a cruise that we were scheduled to go on down to LA in two weeks and there was no way I was going to drive the car that way.

Called up Glenn at Quantum, as soon as he was able to get his hands on some Grabber Orange brake calipers he mailed the "whole kit for both front brakes"! Told me to go ahead and replace both, return the rest of the kit along with the bad calipers and the invoice from my mechanic who put them on for me. I was paid for the work my mechanic did within two weeks and was able to attend the cruise.

I'm a pretty hard person to please and extremely picky about my car. I have absolutely NO complaints about Quantum and 120% happy that I made the decision to take her out there.

Aggie

Quantum Performance. Give them a chance? They were given plenty, and any issues were taken up with them. For those that had good luck with them, I say great for you. Many haven't had any luck with them lately, and, if one wanted, we could list many of the issues here. So, if you want to take your car there, go ahead. The last guy that was warned about not taking a car there, did it anyway, and they've had it for over three months and it is still there. It has been one issue, problem, promise after another. And, if you are insistant about using them, do not, do not put any money up front. That is a 100% recipe for some big disappointments.

Quantum Performance. Give them a chance? They were given plenty, and any issues were taken up with them. For those that had good luck with them, I say great for you. Many haven't had any luck with them lately, and, if one wanted, we could list many of the issues here. So, if you want to take your car there, go ahead. The last guy that was warned about not taking a car there, did it anyway, and they've had it for over three months and it is still there. It has been one issue, problem, promise after another. And, if you are insistant about using them, do not, do not put any money up front. That is a 100% recipe for some big disappointments.

The reason I took my car to Quantum was SAI had quite a list as well and cars were sitting there for over 3 months. I shipped my car out there, got the package done and some add'l mods and trailered the car home and people that sent their cars to SAI before mine still did not have them back. I personally spoke with 4 people here in Calif. that had many issues one of which was a 40th Aniv. car, that was what had persuaded me to change my mind and take it to Quantum.

Really bottom line, I believe every shop is going to have some issues and some hard to deal with people, you are just not going to make happy no matter what you do.

Ultimately, I think it all comes down to WHO you are sadly. Some people can pick up the phone and get through almost anytime. Apparently, Im not one of those people. :hysterical:

I had to work VERY hard to get ahold of Kenny for a simple YES or NO answer to a question, to accomodate him on his issue, and it took me a month, and still was told, I'll get back to you in 24 hours...that was in September. Never heard a peep back, and I had to cover a no show cost because I didnt want to tell him he couldn't eat if he decided to show up.

Im not bad mouthing him or the company, because I havent done business with them specifically. But I can certainly understand the drama involved in getting ahold of him.

My mods will go through Vegas. I want SAI on my plaque...nothing else. What I saw this weekend at the bash was nothing short of amazing. There were 4 or 5 cases of cars needing work, and SAI put everything aside to work on attendees' cars to get them back on the track....and they were working around the clock to boot, on Saturday even... :salute:

Strangely, Quantum and Tasca didnt have anyone there that I saw.

+1

I noticed lots of SA tech's working on our cars that weekend. Keeping us running hard on the track.

Well done SA.

Hmmm.....took my car to Quantum, got SS package, then several other mods. I put money up front. 100% completely satisfied. Negates the theory of a "100% recipe for some big disappointments." Of course talking in absolutes is almost always a misstatment.

ck

Hmmm.....took my car to Quantum, got SS package, then several other mods. I put money up front. 100% completely satisfied. Negates the theory of a "100% recipe for some big disappointments." Of course talking in absolutes is almost always a misstatment.

ck

I guess you didn't read everything I wrote, but, good for you - no issues. I did say lately didn't I?

• 2 weeks later...

I have nothing but positive experiences at Quantum. Mine is not a Super Snake, but the work done has been excellent and they are great to work with. I am going back in March for suspension upgrades. I have noticed several people posting negative things here who work for or own performance shops. Kenny is honest and dependable, it is a shame to see a few people trying to destroy a reputable business with smear tactics.

I have nothing but positive experiences at Quantum. Mine is not a Super Snake, but the work done has been excellent and they are great to work with. I am going back in March for suspension upgrades. I have noticed several people posting negative things here who work for or own performance shops. Kenny is honest and dependable, it is a shame to see a few people trying to destroy a reputable business with smear tactics.

It seems that with a simple question of I can't get a basic phone call or email response over a 4 month window of time from Quantum that I have opened up a can of worms. FYI called SAI in Vegas and got a call and an email response the SAME Day. Maybe just maybe the basic support infrastructure needs to be addressed for Q. I never dogged their mechanical expertise but first impressions in ANY business go a long way.

Agree 120%. A very very happy customer here..... :yup:

I am one of those that have nothing but great experiences with Quantum. My car was 40th converted at SA with full SS performance upgrades. Quantum changed out the entire exhaust system with the Shelby/JBA LTH and put a custom tune on, which I couldn't get done in LV at the time. I went back for the big brakes in the rear with nothing less than great service.

I know people have issues with Quantum and many have had issues with SA to the same degree of dissatisfaction that is being expressed about Quantum. The difference is the moderators would have shut the thread down and not allowed public dissing of the home office. I had huge issues with SAI in the very beginning, but never aired the dirty laundry and had every issue handled to my satisfaction and then some.

It's not always what you say, but how you say it and who you say it to as my mother used to tell me.

That's true, Don...

I've known people who have had a great experience, and people who have had a nightmare...

Anyway, unless someone here is spreading lies about a particular experience, I think they are entitled to share their experience with other members here....thats what we do.

Any company in any industry faces negative comments if a customer does not get what they expect in the transaction. And I think it is fair to add even the best businesses will have a few negative comments floating around out there....

ghodge, I take exception to your comment, uness those comments are bogus and they are lying. I dont want people staying quiet if I am asking for advice on a forum. I dont want polite, I want honest. I want to see the good and the bad and I can make my decision with all the information submitted. Im not being argumentative here, and I know Kenny and Glenn, and personally have no problem with them, they have been nothing but nice to me, but the original poster asked if a non response is normal for Quantum, and for some people here, it is. If a guy walks into a store and murders a dozen shoppers, is it a "smear tactic" to report the event on the news? Or is it just reporting....maybe I am missing a comment you are directing that at, if so, I will gladly retract that statement, but all I see are people experiences with Quantum ranging from excellent to poor.

Warren,

We are on the same page. Part of my point was that Shelby would not allow the disrespect to the SA facility or Amy period. There is a way to communicate your dissatisfaction without some of the personal attacks that are in this thread. As you know, I am thrilled with my car and it has been worked on by both SA and Quantum. There have been problems and I have worked through them with those involved. I know Kenny and Glenn and know that they will make every effort to fix whatever issues a customer has when given the opportunity.

As the old saying goes, unfortunately, you can't please all of the people all of the time. I deal with this daily for a buck versus $35,000.

That's true, Don...

I've known people who have had a great experience, and people who have had a nightmare...

Anyway, unless someone here is spreading lies about a particular experience, I think they are entitled to share their experience with other members here....thats what we do.

Any company in any industry faces negative comments if a customer does not get what they expect in the transaction. And I think it is fair to add even the best businesses will have a few negative comments floating around out there....

ghodge, I take exception to your comment, uness those comments are bogus and they are lying. I dont want people staying quiet if I am asking for advice on a forum. I dont want polite, I want honest. I want to see the good and the bad and I can make my decision with all the information submitted. Im not being argumentative here, and I know Kenny and Glenn, and personally have no problem with them, they have been nothing but nice to me, but the original poster asked if a non response is normal for Quantum, and for some people here, it is. If a guy walks into a store and murders a dozen shoppers, is it a "smear tactic" to report the event on the news? Or is it just reporting....maybe I am missing a comment you are directing that at, if so, I will gladly retract that statement, but all I see are people experiences with Quantum ranging from excellent to poor.

my comment was that it is inappropriate when people working at other performance shops in the Dallas area use this opportunity to make false statements about Quantum. People who have never used Quantum are making many of the comments posted here.

FWIW........Jim...Glenn...Josh....Gary...Mike...and Kelly are no longer there. Kenny and company are good people. Just don't understand the silence myself.

Glenn & Josh were there when I had my car there and I had absolutely no problems. Josh couldn't handle the long commute and found another job shortly after my car left there. I do not what, if anything, happen to Glenn.

Glenn & Josh were there when I had my car there and I had absolutely no problems. Josh couldn't handle the long commute and found another job shortly after my car left there. I do not what, if anything, happen to Glenn.

FWIW, Josh still has a long commute as his new shop is about 10-15 miles north of Quantum. I find it odd that so many of the top folks there (Josh and Mike particularly that I worked well with) are all gone. I've had work done by them when Josh was there and was planning on going back to tinker with my tune with Mike, but since he's no longer there, it's back to the drawing board for me I guess. Sux, since all my dyno time has been done on their dyno.

Yes, if people who never had any dealings with Quantum are complaining, especially if they work for a competing shop...

When I go to the shop, I speak to Tony, nice guy, everyone in the shop is friendly. had my hood pins installed yesterday. quality service. So what's the dam problem with you cry babies. Seems everyone wants a perfect world, not earth.

When I go to the shop, I speak to Tony, nice guy, everyone in the shop is friendly. had my hood pins installed yesterday. quality service. So what's the dam problem with you cry babies. Seems everyone wants a perfect word, not earth.

I sooooo agree....... :yup:

• 1 month later...

Yes, if people who never had any dealings with Quantum are complaining, especially if they work for a competing shop...

That is my point. I was at Quantum last Saturday and Kenny and the guys are great. My car is going back for suspension upgrades and headers. I have complete confidence in the work done at Quantum.

Okay, before I rant, I'll specify that I hire a mechanic to do the work because I don't know how. Was too busy working 40 hours a week from the age of 14 to pay for college and everything else to take shop classes. My dad was a doctor, so we didn't have the father/son experiences of working on cars together. Yes, I used to change out tires to put the snow tires on the wagon as a kid, but likely it's lucky that they never fell off.

Okay, so now to my rant (a reasonable one at that I believe). Last year, Josh at Quantum had told me that they had snaked a car with low miles on it that had had the FRPP handling kit installed by the dealer. I had told him that was one of my mods that I wanted to do and so I bought the kit off the guy who's car was snaked (since they pulled off the FRPP to put on the Eibach system. Paid Quantum to install it for me and align it. Ride quality was very different, but to my inexperienced mind, that was just what the handling kit was meant to do........lower, tighter, harsher ride. Fast forward to this fall. I had noticed a "jostling" when backing over the lip of my garage. Low speed, just felt like it shimmied side to side a little over bumps. At this point, Josh had left to go to Lonestar. I had liked Josh, so I felt more comfy bringing to him. They "tightened" everything up (still trying to understand how a shock nut can loosen itself???) and while I still felt it a little, it was much less pronounced, so I dealt with it. Next time I headed for an oil change at my dealer (5 Star Ford of Plano), I mentioned to the tech this, so he took a peek at everything and said that the adj panhard was loose so he tighted it up again. Fast forward to today. I'm having BMR billet LCA's with a relo bracket and a BMR adj UCA installed (having read that lowering would through the pinion angle off and maybe that was partly or wholy the culprit). Now Josh left and with all the changes at Quantum, I searched out a new shop. LT Motorsports in Richardson was recommended to me, so I figured, it's just an LCA/UCA swap (not something bigger), so I'll give 'em a try. I ask them to pop the car up and I explain the issue I had been having. They felt everything was tight, thought maybe the stock LCA's had weakened and were flexing, not likely but maybe.......................and then all of a sudden................"Dude, your passenger side spring is installed backwards".

Now, again, I'm no expert, but I think installing the springs backwards and not knowing it is equivalent to putting your underwear on backwards and trying to figure out why you can't pull your junk out to piss later. So, kudos to Quantum for the wonderful install. Kudos to Lonestar for their excellent diagnostic skills. And kudos to 5 Star Ford for their diagnostic skills as well (I won't give them leeway since it was an FRPP kit that they likely have installed on customers cars in the past). Now, yes, it wasn't a Super Snake or Terlingua conversion, but still..................Q U A L I T Y lacking.

Archived