TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Still not loud enough

hitman007

OK, I need advice. Installed the Ford SVT Air Inlet Tube and can now hear the whine of the supercharger but it is not like my Roush 427R. Still quit muffled. I also put on the Roush off road exhaust today and it sounds good out side the car but in the cabin it is still not as aggressive as I want. What is the next step? X-Pipes?

OK, I need advice. Installed the Ford SVT Air Inlet Tube and can now hear the whine of the supercharger but it is not like my Roush 427R. Still quit muffled. I also put on the Roush off road exhaust today and it sounds good out side the car but in the cabin it is still not as aggressive as I want. What is the next step? X-Pipes?

Hitman- I've heard many people recommend H pipes over the X for tone. I think you will continue to see the interior is just quieter. The Roush exhaust is very tough and has an incredible tone. You may want to consider headers. They are definitely raspy. I'm sure you will hear them.

Hitman- I've heard many people recommend H pipes over the X for tone. I think you will continue to see the interior is just quieter. The Roush exhaust is very tough and has an incredible tone. You may want to consider headers. They are definitely raspy. I'm sure you will hear them.

Thank you. I will check into the H-Pipes.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently people have taken off the fire blanket from the underside of the hood to increase the sound. They say about 25% increase.

JLT Carbon Fiber Replacement Intake Tube + Metco Auxiliary Idler Pulley Kit + 2.6 Metco Supercharger pulley + Custom tuned SCT X-3 tuner by JLT Performance + KR Muffler + take off the fire blanket = YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND!!!!!!! This is what I have so far for the sound on the Car and the sound is AWESOME.

Don't get the H-Pipes only if you want that your neighbors will hate you for ever!

X-Pipe will definitely wake the car up. Not really in the blower whine department but it's definitely going to make you feel like you're driving a muscle car. Here's a thread I put together on how to install our offroad X-pipe. It's got a few links to Youtube videos at the bottom. Make sure to check them out so you can hear how the car sounds with the X. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks, Jared

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48352-step-by-step-installation-of-the-lethal-performance-offroad-x-pipe/

X-Pipe will definitely wake the car up. Not really in the blower whine department but it's definitely going to make you feel like you're driving a muscle car. Here's a thread I put together on how to install our offroad X-pipe. It's got a few links to Youtube videos at the bottom. Make sure to check them out so you can hear how the car sounds with the X. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks, Jared

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48352-step-by-step-installation-of-the-lethal-performance-offroad-x-pipe/

My favorite 2010 GT500 exhaust so far is stock mufflers with your x-pipe. My 4 months old nephew loves the video of your car. We watch that video several times a day.

Archived