TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this a good price (2010 gt500) oh yeah, I'm an idiot.

greengiant

So,

It looks like I sold my 2007 SGT/SC which was a great car, loved it. My plan is (was??) to put the money to better use right now in my house, or towards a new truck for work.

So I waltz into a Ford Dealer today, see a gorgeous 2010 GT500 in Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Loaded up - Electronics Package, HID Headlights, Car Cover.

For Kicks I ask the dealer how much (Sticker Price is $51270.00).

Dealer says $47k.

So, besides the fact that I really should put the money somewhere else now...

1. Is that a good price or a great price? I'm not sure how much folks have been paying lately?

2. Is this what will start happening regularly now with the 2011 on the way... and really do we think that Aluminum block is worth waiting on?

So,

It looks like I sold my 2007 SGT/SC which was a great car, loved it. My plan is (was??) to put the money to better use right now in my house, or towards a new truck for work.

So I waltz into a Ford Dealer today, see a gorgeous 2010 GT500 in Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Loaded up - Electronics Package, HID Headlights, Car Cover.

Dealer says $47k.

1. Is that a good price or a great price? I'm not sure how much folks have been paying lately?

2. Is this what will start happening regularly now with the 2011 on the way... and really do we think that Aluminum block is worth waiting on?

+1 Great price, I dont think that is much more than $500 over invoice from what I've been told but not a fact. I've heard on this site from others that 2K under msrp is about what they are going for.

I agree with the previous posters...that is a GREAT price. I sure wish I could have gotten mine for $4000 under sticker....good GOSH! (I paid sticker). Just me personally...I would jump on it, if it were me...then again I'm not as passionate about the aluminum block mystique that some people are so enthused about - so take that into account. I'm just speaking as a 2010 purchaser.

well.invoice is 6k under sticker,and there a 3% holdback,So hes still making $3500. Id ask for another 1000--if he offered 4k, you know he'll go lower.But compared to most of us early buyers who paid MSRP its a good deal.There was over 250 cars on dealer lots a few weeks ago,so id think he has more room

So,

Dealer says $47k.

awesome deal. the dealer I was dealing with last month was looking for MSRP and would not budge even though they had 4 on the lot.

Well,

Turns out that dealer was full of crap.

The dealer - Smith Ford in Lowell Indiana.

They had even confirmed the price - $46,990 twice via e-mail.

When push came to shove, suddenly they made a "mistake".

Amazingly I even showed them their own paper trail - they didn't care.

Car dealers wonder why they have bad reputations... I know it's not all of them but man still a lot out there that play games.

That said, I do have a nice offer at 45,500 on one that stickers for 49,500. That deal is 100pct legit. Kicking it around. I really should just sit on the money for now. That was my intent when selling my SGT/SC (which maybe I shouldn't have sold!)

Well,

Turns out that dealer was full of crap.

The dealer - Smith Ford in Lowell Indiana.

They had even confirmed the price - $46,990 twice via e-mail.

When push came to shove, suddenly they made a "mistake".

Amazingly I even showed them their own paper trail - they didn't care.

Car dealers wonder why they have bad reputations... I know it's not all of them but man still a lot out there that play games.

That said, I do have a nice offer at 45,500 on one that stickers for 49,500. That deal is 100pct legit. Kicking it around. I really should just sit on the money for now. That was my intent when selling my SGT/SC (which maybe I shouldn't have sold!)

Sorry to hear about the dealer "mistake"...that's a typical routine of theirs. I had that one run by me when purchasing a car a while ago. "we're human...we made a mistake...maybe you don't make mistakes..." blah, blah, blah...at that point I walked out.

So what is the official price they want for that car now?

Honestly...if you're on the fence...I'd just sit on the money..hate to see you regret a $50,000 purchase. There are better things to spend that kind of money on..if you have a family and such - and are not loaded with cash. I haven't got a family...so I went for the car for my own enjoyment - it's still a financial stretch for me.

Archived