TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wow! $9.50 a gallon!

skiph

Well, I did have plans to wait until the tank was empty, then fill it with Sunoco 260 GTX (98 octane), then load my 98-100 Octane tune, play a little to feel what the new tune with the race fuel does, then do a Dyno to record the true increase in HP and Tq.

But... :censored: it's $9.50/gal!

Well, perhaps filling the tank with 15 gal is not the best idea (not to mention the salt on the road now, and no way I'm taking it out now).

Might have to do a half a tank is all.

Wow, thats steap. Even out here in SoCal I have a station with Trick 100 for 7.99/gal.

That seems backwards. Is that unleaded? The leaded I found was cheaper, but no-can-do with stock cats on.

Wow, $9.50 is high. I can pull up to the pump and fill up with 100 octane no lead for $6.50 a gallon,which I thought was bad enough!

Yea, not sure why. Gas is typically less expensive in GA.

Did find a Shell station that is closer, selling 100 Octane, not 98, Unleaded for $9.99/gal now

Yea, not sure why. Gas is typically less expensive in GA.

Did find a Shell station that is closer, selling 100 Octane, not 98, Unleaded for $9.99/gal now

seems reasonable to me

we are paying 4.80 can. = 4.66 us. for a us gallon for 94 octane

Well, I did have plans to wait until the tank was empty, then fill it with Sunoco 260 GTX (98 octane), then load my 98-100 Octane tune, play a little to feel what the new tune with the race fuel does, then do a Dyno to record the true increase in HP and Tq.

But... :censored: it's $9.50/gal!

Well, perhaps filling the tank with 15 gal is not the best idea (not to mention the salt on the road now, and no way I'm taking it out now).

Might have to do a half a tank is all.

That's not bad, really. I lived in England for a few years and the exchange rate was over $2 per 1 pound and at that time it was 1.19 gbp per liter (yes a liter not a gallon) which equates to $9.05 per gallon for regular gas.

That seems backwards. Is that unleaded? The leaded I found was cheaper, but no-can-do with stock cats on.

If you want some Race fuel i can get some you VP fuel pretty good price. thats if you wanna run C113+ cause thats what my dad runs in his VW drag car. He uses one can for the whole season then the rest of the cans he gives to me. if you want some i can get you some since you live close to me. Pretty cheap also. I Also can get you any kind you want. A real good friend of mine is a VP fuel Distributor i think. He gets us all our race fuel. I use the fuel i call Purple Koolaid lol. Forgot what octane it is.....

That's nothing. Paid $10.00 a gallon (100) at the track in Vegas today.

It was an awesome day on the track however.

Did they give you a kiss?

bj

If you want some Race fuel i can get some you VP fuel pretty good price. thats if you wanna run C113+ cause thats what my dad runs in his VW drag car. He uses one can for the whole season then the rest of the cans he gives to me. if you want some i can get you some since you live close to me. Pretty cheap also. I Also can get you any kind you want. A real good friend of mine is a VP fuel Distributor i think. He gets us all our race fuel. I use the fuel i call Purple Koolaid lol. Forgot what octane it is.....

Cool. Well, this is not planned to be a long term thing. Just was thinking (if it was $5/gal or so) of a tank or two to play with my tune for 100 octane, then head up to MV Performance for a Dyno pull to see if/what kind of difference it makes, then post em here side by side.

I'm not familiar with C113. Is that Unleaded, and I assume no-ethanol and not-oxygenated?

Conyers would be a pretty quick drive and would be good to meet another GT500 owner in the area. But, not with the snow and salt on the roads now.

• 2 weeks later...

Check at some of the local race tracks -- maybe Road Atlanta. I know when I did open track events at VIR in 2009 the cost/gallon was around $6 for 100 octane Sonoco unleaded..much cheaper than buying in 5 gallon containers from VP. Plus you get the added convenience of not having to schlep it around.

Archived