TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06 GT-H Side Stripe Replacement

tispco

I need some help with my GT-H. I have to replace my side stripes and the side stripes currently on my GT-H are not original. I need to verify with an owner of another '06 GT-H coupe where to cut the stripes at the door openings and fenders. BTW, SAI cut the stripes slightly different on the 07 GT-H's and the STG's.

For each of the openings, are the stripes cut before the edge, at the edge, or wrap around the edge? If they are cut before or wraparound the edge, how far are they cut before the edge or how far do they wrap around the edge – an 1/8” or 1/4" or some other dimension? Is it the same for all cuts on the body, doors, and fenders or did they cut them differently at each point? If someone could take some close-up pictures of the stripe cuts on their '06 GT-H that would be fantastic. As long as I have to replace them, I would like to have the new stripes applied the way they did it in Las Vegas. I appreciate the help!

I need some help with my GT-H. I have to replace my side stripes and the side stripes currently on my GT-H are not original. I need to verify with an owner of another '06 GT-H coupe where to cut the stripes at the door openings and fenders. BTW, SAI cut the stripes slightly different on the 07 GT-H's and the STG's.

For each of the openings, are the stripes cut before the edge, at the edge, or wrap around the edge? If they are cut before or wraparound the edge, how far are they cut before the edge or how far do they wrap around the edge – an 1/8” or 1/4" or some other dimension? Is it the same for all cuts on the body, doors, and fenders or did they cut them differently at each point? If someone could take some close-up pictures of the stripe cuts on their '06 GT-H that would be fantastic. As long as I have to replace them, I would like to have the new stripes applied the way they did it in Las Vegas. I appreciate the help!

Mine all appear to be cut where the metal just begins to make the radius or bend, with no appreciable amount wrapped around the edge.

Mine all appear to be cut where the metal just begins to make the radius or bend, with no appreciable amount wrapped around the edge.

Same here! They do not wrap around.

Great! That is the information I needed. Thank you!!

Archived