TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what do you think

ok so i got the go ahead to do some high dollar mods this summer. i am thinking a road trip to brenspeed to have the following mods done. i would like to hear some opinions on the list pros cons let me know.

steeda UDP

meziere electric water pump

steed delete plates

compcams xfi vsr stage 2s (depending on what kens outcome is on his)

mac long tube ceramic headers

off road x or h pipe not sure what one?

bmr adj. panhard bar

bmr panhard bar support

bmr tubular k member with motor mounts.

total in parts is right around 2700

any ideas on alternates or different routes i want to stay around 3k in total price as i am planing to pay off some debt this year and need the extra 2-3k the supercharger would cost me.

thanks

I hate MAC headers. American Racing Headers are a much better purchase. I still don't understand why everyone is worked up over Ken's Comp Cams deal. It wasn't the camshafts that caused his problem. I personally love the 127300 cams. They make good power and work great.

I am kind of hoping it was the cams that caused the issue because if it wasnt then it is something that could happen at anytime (factory parts not stout enough) so im hoping he just had a bad cam and it caused the issue. Im not set on the brand of headers i have just heard the macs make good power.

Keep me posted on your trip timing, you'll be driving right thru my area on the way to Brenspeed, and it may be a little dorky, but I'm putting on the black version of your rims tonight and think it'd be cool to snap a pic of the cars next to each other if you have the time!

I would definitely stay away from Mac headers, they sound like poop. I love stainless works or american racing.

How much is labour going to be?

I will check out some other brands of headers and see what i like then. im not sure on labour thats why i want to stay under 3 grand in parts i would hope that labour would be under a grand if they do it all at once.

Keep me posted on your trip timing, you'll be driving right thru my area on the way to Brenspeed, and it may be a little dorky, but I'm putting on the black version of your rims tonight and think it'd be cool to snap a pic of the cars next to each other if you have the time!

Sounds good to me ill do that it will be this spring summer as i refuse to drive my nice cars in the salt.

I think your list is perfect honestly. Maybe SD is right about MAC, but I've never used them, so I can't really comment. I'm not a fan of anything BBK makes for the S197. I think their heyday is gone with the departure of the SN-95. Otherwise, I like your list a lot.

As for the cams, I'm nearly certain that the issue occurred because I wasn't running limiters or lockouts. At the time of purchase, limiters were not required. Comp revised this requirement sometime in 09 and by the time I heard about it, it was too late. If you do the stage 2's, you'll have to pick between an NA grind and FI grind. So if you're planning on adding a blower at any time, pick the FI grind. And buy a set of limiters!!! Good luck Ty.

Ken

Archived