TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where cars are made.

CrzyHorse

I was hanging out with another GT500 owner and he made a statement that caught me off guard. He stated that only the first 200 Supersnakes and KR's are made AT Shelby. The rest are sent to third party manufacturing locations. As a result, only the first 200 are valuable. Is there any truth to this? I thought all those cars were finished at the Vegas facility.

That is a strange statement, What I know is all KRs were finished at the Shelby facility, and there were some other shops such as Tasca Ford certified to build supersnakes later on so I guess the statement is sort of true as all early snakes would have come from Vegas but later ones could have been done elsewhere. This is the way I understand it, others?

That is a strange statement, What I know is all KRs were finished at the Shelby facility, and there were some other shops such as Tasca Ford certified to build supersnakes later on so I guess the statement is sort of true as all early snakes would have come from Vegas but later ones could have been done elsewhere. This is the way I understand it, others?

I did not know about the supersnakes...I thought they were all made at Shelby too. thank you for the response. Anyone else please a definite answer would be appreciated.

I did not know about the supersnakes...I thought they were all made at Shelby too. thank you for the response. Anyone else please a definite answer would be appreciated.

don't know how definitive this is but

summer 2008 I saw 1500 gt500 at Shelby Las Vegas with no hoods on them.

Little bit of half-truth and misinformation here...

Pre-title cars - Shelby GT and GT500KR - were all completed at SAI Las Vegas.

Post title cars - 40th, SS, etc. have numbers assigned based on where the work is completed. There are 3 sites I know of - SAI, Quantum Performance in TX, and Tasca Ford in RI. There may be 4th down south - can't remember.

If the work is completed at SAI - I think the first 300 numbers are reserved. If it's completed at Tasca, I believe the next 300 number range is reserved. If it's completed at Quantum, I believe it's the next 300 numbers or so...

It's your choice where you want the work to be done. Some decide at places other than SAI due to shipping costs. And I'm certain SAI would complete as many packages as requested - regardless of the numbering scheme. So I wouldn't quite put it the way you did in the OP.

Post title cars - 40th, SS, etc. have numbers assigned based on where the work is completed. There are 3 sites I know of - SAI, Quantum Performance in TX, and Tasca Ford in RI. There may be 4th down south - can't remember.

If the work is completed at SAI - I think the first 300 numbers are reserved. If it's completed at Tasca, I believe the next 300 number range is reserved. If it's completed at Quantum, I believe it's the next 300 numbers or so...

It's your choice where you want the work to be done. Some decide at places other than SAI due to shipping costs. And I'm certain SAI would complete as many packages as requested - regardless of the numbering scheme. So I wouldn't quite put it the way you did in the OP.

Sounds right on the money. I figured he was way off on what he said. Thank you for the definitive answer.

i hear lots of them STORIES from know it allstalkhand.gif

that really have no clue what is even under the hood of these cars

Some of them don't even know what's under the hood of THEIR cars! There was some guy mouthing about it being "just another Mustang" then he looked under the hood and said, "Holy S*#t" that's a supercharger!" Uh, Yep, any more questions?

Don`t forget about SHM (Sean Highland Motorsport in Woodstock Canada .

Eh.

Archived