TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIP Bob Tasca (Tasca Ford)

mikewheels

My condolence to the family Bob he will always remembered , in the 60`s for their drag racing dominance.

He will be missed by many I wish his family gods blessing to go on with his vision . I remember those old days on i195 many a car were tested there before the highway opened up. May he rest in peace and I know he will still be watching over BOB111 RACING team rooting him on this year.

Wow, I just saw this news this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob Tasca and his family.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/TASCA_PLANS_01-14-10_JOH3R4G_v12.3b3b91e.html

PROVIDENCE — The executive chairman and the president and CEO of the Ford Motor Co. will attend the funeral of Bob Tasca Sr., founder of the Tasca Auto Group, at the Cathedral of SS. Peter & Paul Saturday, according to his grandson, race-car driver and Tasca vice president Bob Tasca III.

RIP BOB Tasca

I had the pleasure of meeting this man and listening to his stories at the last Tasca show on that wonderful rainy day, watched him sign a couple cars at the end of the day and listen to what he believed was the way things should be done in the car biz. even though i only met the man for the first time that day, he waved to me as he was leaving the commissary restaurant at the dealership like I knew him forever. truly a class act and a pleasure to know, even if for only a short while.

god bless the Tasca's in this time of sorrow, but i bet he's doing burnouts or having a chat with henry ford right now in the great racetrack above!

God bless!

• 3 years later...

I am a little late to the party. I did not join this forum until after this sad event. I just finished Bob Tasca's book "You Will Be Satisfied" and decided to share how much I enjoyed it on this forum. I did a search to see if this topic already had a thread. I came upon this thread, so I thought I would share it here. It appears he was one of those rare people who was bigger in life than one can imagine. It must have been quite an honor and experience to work with him. If you are a car guy, a business person or whatever else, you will probably gain a lot from reading this book.

Archived