TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIP Bob Tasca (Tasca Ford)

mikewheels

This is truly a significant loss to the entire Ford Community. Our thoughts and prayers go out to The Tasca Family, the Tasca Organization and the entire Auto Manufactures and Racing Community. He will always be an Icon and influenced many people and was a pioneer in effecting the power wars of the 60's. His achievements are many and have been far reaching.

The Shelby Registry and Sales Team

All, Bob Tasca Sr, was an amazing man, he was ahead of his time, he led the auto industry in customer service and quality. He was the nicest, most genuine man you could ever meet, I count myself fortunate to have known him and its a sadder world without him. Bob Tasca was truly a leader and innovator and there will not be another like him unfortunately.

I wish his family well during this difficult time, my prayers are with them.....

Amy

More unique than most will ever know. Although my family owned a competing Ford dealership in the next town in RI, my grandfather sent my father to work as a mechanic as Tasca Ford back in years from 68-71 (prob to get him out of his own hair)... well anyway a local Interstate I-195 that runs from Providence to Cape Cod was the testing grounds for the Bopper's dealer demo's... in those days he'd drive cars like big block Torino Talladegas and Cobras instead of Cobra Jet Mustangs.

Well he was a true tuner, he'd get a new demo go out and make a run down the empty highway with a stopwatch.. come back and my father would adjust the cam a degree or two, he'd go back out for another run.. come back and want to adjust the jets on the carb, go for another run come back and make more adjustments (sometimes back to previous setting) until it was performing the way he wanted... Then 2-3 weeks would pass and customer buys his demo and the story repeats.

Most know about the drag racing on the track, but the street racing that went on was incredible... and more profitable in those years.

In the Boss years they had two tractor trailers full of complete engines, transmissions and rear-ends to replace broken units - under warranty. Very different times indeed. For those who knew him in his heyday around this area, Bob Tasca was larger than life..an American original much like Carroll Shelby. RIP.

I send my deepest sympathies to the entire Tasca family.... :grouphug: I had the honors of meeting Mr. Tasca for the first time at the 2009 Tasca show. He was extremely nice told me the whole story about how he got started with his career and gave me a great history lesson that I'll never forget. He sounded very passionate about his business and family, may you rest in peace Mr. Tasca..... :angel: And what a memorable interview thanks for posting!!!

Archived