TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel center caps / hub caps question / poll

Which design center cap?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which design should i pick:

• just the snake, and have two reversed
    • the snake w/ shelby gt lettering

Got my new rims in yesterday, and the center caps are plain black... looking to have custom ones made to fit since the real shelby ones won't fit, and I want the "berg" snake design... SO, two options:

1. have them made with just the snake, and have two reversed so that all the snakes face forward on the car...

100790.jpg1007902.jpg

2. have the snake w/ shelby gt lettering on them and two will face rearward...

pcoat_engr_2.jpg

any thoughts? I think i'm leaning towards #2, but not sure....

Got my new rims in yesterday, and the center caps are plain black... looking to have custom ones made to fit since the real shelby ones won't fit, and I want the "berg" snake design... SO, two options:

1. have them made with just the snake, and have two reversed so that all the snakes face forward on the car...

100790.jpg

pcoat_engr_2.jpg

I'd go with two also......I like the design better and the backwards snake would look funny to me

:D :D

I added a flipped image... it's a little odd, but i'm big time on the fence on this... part of me says the word shelby is already on the car too many times... so i dunno....

I like #1 as I agree that you can have Shelby GT too many times on the car. But I would not reverse the snake for one side as I think it would look funny since it is not correct. Just my 2 Cents, i will give change.

100790.jpg1007902.jpg

pcoat_engr_2.jpg

I like just the snake without two being reversed...............I might even buy them myself for my 18 inch wheels..........

100790.jpg1007902.jpg

pcoat_engr_2.jpg

Sorry guys I like the snake with no Shelby GT on it and which way they face would be which ever is cheapest......who makes them as I would like a set as well. How much are they.

Thanks

Gord

I'd go #1 and reverse great idea!!!

I am with the other picking #1 without the reversing. Does not look correct when reversed.

BTW - What wheels did you go with to have a Black center. I have been trying to decide American Muscle Bullits or Wheel Replicas Bullits. Neither Has a cap I would want to use. Could you PM you Custom Cap info?

Tom

I'm using MTM unlimited for the caps, they made my steering wheel center and I was happy with it... in spite of the voting, i'm pretty sure i'm going with #1 reversed at this point... Keep in mind, all they are selling is a 1/8" thick disk that can be attached to either your existing center cap or to a "blank" snap in portion of the center cap... I was lucky, in that the caps that came with my rims were NOT assembled, so i only have to attach the disk to the part that snaps in and go! He's charging about $32 per cap and pretty sure that's for either design... He makes power plugs too, very nice work!

here's a pic of the wheels i have:

IMG_2867.jpg

Here's them installed, although crappy indoor pics:

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

and lastly, here's a pic of the horn emblem he made me:

8835_1220940373457_1527364323_579143_3466501_n.jpg

I'm using MTM unlimited for the caps, they made my steering wheel center and I was happy with it... in spite of the voting, i'm pretty sure i'm going with #1 reversed at this point... Keep in mind, all they are selling is a 1/8" thick disk that can be attached to either your existing center cap or to a "blank" snap in portion of the center cap... I was lucky, in that the caps that came with my rims were NOT assembled, so i only have to attach the disk to the part that snaps in and go! He's charging about $32 per cap and pretty sure that's for either design... He makes power plugs too, very nice work!

here's a pic of the wheels i have:

IMG_2867.jpg

Here's them installed, although crappy indoor pics:

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

and lastly, here's a pic of the horn emblem he made me:

8835_1220940373457_1527364323_579143_3466501_n.jpg

I think I found them already made.....................Check this web...............http://www.partscheap.com/Shelby_Mustang_Wheels_s/156.htm........Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Very Nice !!!

Any idea if something like yours may be available for the GT500 SVT rims?

He can make any size emblem you need, but you will need a "blank" push in cap that the emblem can stick to... all he sells is the 1/8" thick flat acrylic overlay etched with the design of your choice....

Archived