TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front license plate (oHIo)

I'd say just stick it in 1 of the flaps in the back of your seats. Mines been there since last August and have never been pulled over. If I ever do get pulled over for it then I'd plan to just show it to the cop and say Im still searching for a good bracker that doesnt put holes in the bumper or get attached to the bottom grill blocking air flow to the heat exchanger

Should I just lay my plate on the dash or get a bracket? Anyone have a picture of a 2010 with front bracket?

I don't have my plates yet, so I haven't put it on the car, but I got mine from here: http://www.trailerrebuilders.com/services

He was the only guy I could find that had the no-drill type for a 2010. It's pretty stout, stainless steel, and comes with a rubber pad to go between it and the front lip. I'll get some more pics when I get it put on.

post-27016-126296802083_thumb.jpg

post-27016-126296803554_thumb.jpg

post-27016-126296802083_thumb.jpg

post-27016-126296803554_thumb.jpg

Should I just lay my plate on the dash or get a bracket? Anyone have a picture of a 2010 with front bracket?

I just moved out from Ohio... JUST SO YOU KNOW, the Ohio Revised Code states that the license plate must be displayed on the FRONT MOST part of the car, meaning that placing the plate in the visor, windshield, etc., is a no go. I got a ticket for not having a front plate this summer (from Columbus PD), which was $120.

It depends on the trooper that pulls you over really, and whether or not they're going to cite you. So, up to you if you want to run the chances. I did :) and still am.

I purchased this from Trailer Re-builders in Sept. About $75 w/shipping. Very sturdy and no drilling required to mount it. Once I leave Ohio for a high-speed vacation out west this summer, I plan to remove it and just put it on the rear seat floor until I return. I liked the plate that slides under the front splitter but was doubly concerned that, when underneath, it might easily get scraped up due to the low front height or bothered/blown away during high speed travel. So far, I am pleased with my purchase. I don't think that it looks too bad - but I would really like no plate up front!

I purchased this from Trailer Re-builders in Sept. About $75 w/shipping. Very sturdy and no drilling required to mount it. Once I leave Ohio for a high-speed vacation out west this summer, I plan to remove it and just put it on the rear seat floor until I return. I liked the plate that slides under the front splitter but was doubly concerned that, when underneath, it might easily get scraped up due to the low front height or bothered/blown away during high speed travel. So far, I am pleased with my purchase. I don't think that it looks too bad - but I would really like no plate up front!

post-25332-126298454265_thumb.jpg

Hey rockit-

I must say that looks pretty good, and no drilling...

I'm in NJ, a front plate state, but have gone so far without the plate (no tickets yet). I display it on the front dash, passenger side.

But if i ever get a summons, I will go with that bracket. Thanks for the pics Kona Blue Brother!

Goldgus

Archived