TEAM SHELBY FORUM

T/S Forum Loads Slooooow

ati

Is anyone else having problems with the board being slow. Ever since they changed to the new format this forum is slow as hell. My home computer is 2 years old and I am running XP home edition. Every other site I log on to works fine and at a good speed. Did something change with the new format? Is there a setting I need to adjust? Help!

Is anyone else having problems with the board being slow. Ever since they changed to the new format this forum is slow as hell. My home computer is 2 years old and I am running XP home edition. Every other site I log on to works fine and at a good speed. Did something change with the new format? Is there a setting I need to adjust? Help!

I'm not having any issues with loading speed on any forums I follow.

yes, I'm so glad you posted this........it IS the site and not my mind or my laptop.........this started with the new format. I only visit a few car forums, this one and SVTp and this one is much slower than before and SVTp is still great. Someone fix it please........it's annoying!!!

I'm using an HP netbook and it loads fine... GG

From my point of view it's not so much a slow-loading problem, but the scrolling-is-jerky which slows down my perceptions of the next screen. It's been that way since 3.0 was foisted on the Team.

Oddest part is: the dreaded and denigrated Seasonal "skin" is as slick and quick as ever.

Now if the guru could just transfer the Seasonal function to the bourgeois-blue 3.0, we'd be in Fat City, so to speak.

Of course the yearly "Bash Paralysis" has taken over everywhere but on the ground in Las Vegas. Don't hold your breath.

You reckon it will ever get better? The face of Team Shelby has egg on it: it's slow and jerky.

And I think it's about time that GT350 Anniversary video that creates such a large dead space at the top of every freaking page got put back in its box. And it's faulty; The intro text says "Riverside". The following footage is at Willow Springs, as any ful kno*, and although there is a little action at another track or two, not even a single frame from RIR (RIP). :finger:

EDIT: That's ANY FULE KNO, as any fule kno.

From my point of view it's not so much a slow-loading problem, but the scrolling-is-jerky which slows down my perceptions of the next screen. It's been that way since 3.0 was foisted on the Team.

Oddest part is: the dreaded and denigrated Seasonal "skin" is as slick and quick as ever.

Now if the guru could just transfer the Seasonal function to the bourgeois-blue 3.0, we'd be in Fat City, so to speak.

Of course the yearly "Bash Paralysis" has taken over everywhere but on the ground in Las Vegas. Don't hold your breath.

Yup, agreed 100% with everything here. I've actually resigned myself to using the horrible xmas skin, only because the 3.0 skin is so painfully slow and jerky. :waiting:

Yup mine has the same jerky stuff going on with the new layout. I'm using the holiday theme right now to get around it. :banghead: My computer is new and quite capable of loading everything except... the... new TS format. :headscratch:

+1

If you are not using the Firefox browser, try it out. It's way faster than internet explorer the site looks looks much, much better. In internet explorer, you can't even see curvatures.

Let me add another design later next week and see if it helps.

That would be awesome!! happy%20feet.gif

Don't get me wrong, I really like the layout of the new site. I was just wondering if there was something (for those of us where it runs slow) or a setting maybe, that generated that jerky stuff.

I've been using Firefox for years. 3.0 is still extremely slow to load and extremely jerky.

I'm using Firefox too. :shrug:

Archived