TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any great deals on a shelby kr

davidwhuff

In addition to that, dealers are not selling these KRs for far more than retail like a year or two ago. They are 22 thousand less than the sticker price. If you want one for a better price, buy a used one! or wait longer...

There was one recently that I believe is still for sale for about 30 thousand below sticker @ 53K and that is the asking price. Interesting to see how adamant some enthusiasts are about these selling(not asking) prices. Some here assume that they sell for more and another even "bets" same. LOL.

There was one recently that I believe is still for sale for about 30 thousand below sticker @ 53K and that is the asking price. Interesting to see how adamant some enthusiasts are about these selling(not asking) prices. Some here assume that they sell for more and another even "bets" same. LOL.

Speedyman, did you read my response? I was waiting to hear your answer. Here's the question I asked of you in that post:

Question: What did you pay for your KR? If you don't own one, what prices have you've been able to negotiate during your quest for one?

Anyone using Ebay bids as a guide to current values is clearly misguided for the reasons stated above.

The real measure of current value for a car is not the asking price or the bid price or offer its the actual sale price.

In this economy the value of everything is way down.

The sale price of one KR does not necessarily establish the general market place value. There may be extenuating circumstances or special reasons for a car selling below the average that others similar to it have been selling. These extenuating circumstances, i.e. sickness, divorce, marriage, college, loss of income or drop in cash flow, wife nagging, etc...all affect the eventual sale price and create the chance we all look for as buyer to find a "deal". But that deal doesn't necessarily set the general market value of the same item sold elsewhere. That sale price would have to be able to be duplicated a number of times to set a general market value.

My understanding from looking and talking to KR owners is that these cars are generally selling in the mid to high $50s for an '08 depending on equipment and high 50s low 60's for an '09.

Speedyman: If you found or can buy a KR for $46K believe me you should buy it. No, better yet tell me where it is and I'll buy it.

God willing the economy will turn around and in years to come these KRs will see their values rising.

I'd buy one new in a heartbeat for mid 40's. Best looking Mustang ever built in my opinion, would actually prefer the current KR over the 60s units.

:hysterical3: Hell, I'd by another one for the mid 40s Who knows maybe it will happen

There is one more 2009 KR at Smithtown Ford, Long Island NY. The contact is Caitlyn at (631) 265-2340. I think you will be able to get this KR for a good price but not in the mid 40s. She is great to deal with and has power to negotiate with you. Tell her Gary sent you, and that gets you a date with FIAcobra, hehehe

There is one more 2009 KR at Smithtown Ford, Long Island NY. The contact is Caitlyn at (631) 265-2340. I think you will be able to get this KR for a good price but not in the mid 40s. She is great to deal with and has power to negotiate with you. Tell her Gary sent you, and that gets you a date with FIAcobra, hehehe

I called ............................84,000. She was very nice.

She won't sell it at list in this market. But...if the economy picks up I wouldn't be surprised if the existing dealer KR inventory starts rising in price. The KR inventory is slowly but gradually getting smaller and smaller and will eventually be gone.

When they are gone they will be gone.

She won't sell it at list in this market. But...if the economy picks up I wouldn't be surprised if the existing dealer KR inventory starts rising in price. The KR inventory is slowly but gradually getting smaller and smaller and will eventually be gone.

When they are gone they will be gone.

I hope you are right, but my guess is that prices will hold about where they are until they sell through or even drop slightly as the dealer patience wears thin. Again, I would love to be wrong about this.

I have had 2 very well known dealers looking for me for the past month. One most of you know and 08 $59K and 09 $61K. The inventory is not as large as you read about on this forum . The only reason some KR's might once in a blue moon hit the mid 50K's is a broker went belly up.But trust me take alot of info on any forum with a grain of salt. Until you start to deal you really don't find out what the true market is. Shipping , doc fees,taxes all take a bite out of the DEAL.What is the price out the door ?

I have had 2 very well known dealers looking for me for the past month. One most of you know and 08 or 09 KR's are the same price 61K. The inventory is not as large as you read about on this forum . The only reason some KR's might once in a blue moon hit the mid 50K's is a broker went belly up.But trust me take alot of info on any forum with a grain of salt. Until you start to deal you really don't find out what the true market is. Shipping , doc fees,taxes all take a bite out of the DEAL.What is the price out the door ?

When I looked for my KR a few months ago, there were a lot offered for sale. The problem I ran into was, I only wanted a 2009 VB car with a 08/30/08 post build date. That limited the availability of what was still out there since they only made 65 in VB for the '09 model year. I dealt with the few dealers that had the cars and would only talk to a sales manager. I didn't feel like doing the "dog and pony" show with a regular salesman since they can't negotiate the price (they always have to go to their Boss....aka, sales manager) Once I got in touch with the sales manager, I asked if they were willing to do a trade (I had a VB '08 GT-500 that had the TSB done successfully) Of course all were willing to do a trade. Most would ask me what I thought my car was worth, my reply: "That really doesn't matter. What matters is the price difference between your KR, and my GT-500." My next question to them would be: "Before we begin negotiations, i'll need to know all the additional fees upfront. There will be the "negotiated price", then my state sales tax on that amount (you only pay sales tax on the difference when doing a trade), a DMV fee (this was a neighboring state that was able to do the DMV plate transfer....It was $100 or so)....and their "Doc" fee.

That was the only fees I had to take into account before we began to negotiate. We both settled on a fair amount and finished the deal. I didn't have to pay any "Shipping" fees since I trailered both cars to and from the dealership. This was also a cash deal with no banks or lenders involved. The title on my GT-500 was clean with no liens on it.

I had to contact my insurance company and had to have coverage on both cars on the day of transfer in case something went awry on either trip.

The process took some work but it helped since I did my homework beforehand, and dealt only with the manager. If you're serious about getting a KR, you'll find one and make a fair deal for both parties.

TxCobra: Your suggested possible scenario is certainly plausible.

Time will tell. But in the long run I see the desirabilty of these cars increasing as well as value.

But thats not why I bought a KR. I just think its a really cool car. It looks cool, sounds cool and is cool with very few made. Its the first PRE title Shelby Muscle Mustang sold off Ford dealership floors since 1968.

TxCobra: Your suggested possible scenario is certainly plausible.

Time will tell. But in the long run I see the desirabilty of these cars increasing as well as value.

But thats not why I bought a KR. I just think its a really cool car. It looks cool, sounds cool and is cool with very few made. Its the first PRE title Shelby Muscle Mustang sold off Ford dealership floors since 1968.

Agreed! Same here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been searching for a 08 Torch Red KR for several clients and found two for sale at a price I found acceptable. One in Florida and the other up north.

The Florida KR ... the dealer had some good fortune before I could finalize my deal and sold it retail ... made a profit !! so I am truly happy for them.

The other 08 Torch Red KR should be finalized today for $52,000 ..... this is inclusive of dealer fees etc. My client is wiring $52,000 to the dealer and its his car. He will pick it up via trailer and title the car in his home state and pay sales tax at that time.

Yet another low 50s selling price.

Meaning the $52k car priced above your post? Yup, that's a great deal on whatever cars that are left. Lets face it, there's only a few left and some dealers are willing to cut their losses and move on. Most others are sticking to their guns and remaining at mid 50's to low 60's.

How did you do in your hunt for one? Were you able to negotiate one to low 50's/high 40's yet?

Meaning the $52k car priced above your post? Yup, that's a great deal on whatever cars that are left. Lets face it, there's only a few left and some dealers are willing to cut their losses and move on. Most others are sticking to their guns and remaining at mid 50's to low 60's.

How did you do in your hunt for one? Were you able to negotiate one to low 50's/high 40's yet?

KRs are listed continuously on Ebay and other internet portals so I really doubt that there are only a few left. There are quite a few of the '10s available and the additionally upgraded '11s soon to be on the streets. The KRs are super sharp cars for sure but I've come to prefer the looks of the current body style. 50 grand for a very soon to be 3 model year old Mustang is not personally appealing at this point.

KRs are listed continuously on Ebay and other internet portals so I really doubt that there are only a few left. There are quite a few of the '10s available and the additionally upgraded '11s soon to be on the streets. The KRs are super sharp cars for sure but I've come to prefer the looks of the current body style. 50 grand for a very soon to be 3 model year old Mustang is not personally appealing at this point.

If that's the case, why are you so transfixed on the pricing of the left over KR's? Shouldn't you be concentrating on the newer body styled cars? May I ask....do you even own a Mustang ?

If that's the case, why are you so transfixed on the pricing of the left over KR's? Shouldn't you be concentrating on the newer body styled cars? May I ask....do you even own a Mustang ?

I've had the pleasure of owning, modifying, and in some cases racing 5 SVT Mustangs the last of which was a Terminator that ran consistent 11s.There are significant depreciation hits to be taken on resale in this arena, I've learned that lesson the hard way. I find it amazing when current owners of previous models are in denial of their current value and attempt to convince themselves otherwise on internet forums. New cars of any make and model depreciate rapidly. That is reality here which unfortunately appears to cause you distress and the need to pounce on any poster who calls this fact to your attention.

...................New cars of any make and model depreciate rapidly. That is reality here which unfortunately appears to cause you distress and the need to pounce on any poster who calls this fact to your attention.

I take it you're referring to me since you "quoted" me. How do you know if i'm in distress or not? Did we ever speak personally to one another? Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. Maybe you should go back and re-read a few threads. And if I "pounced" on you, then you're pretty fragile.

I do agree with your statement about new cars that depreciate rapidly. How do you think I was able to buy a KR? I only got the car 4 months ago.

The only thing I question is your motive for hanging in a KR forum (with no intention of ever buying one) and shitting on the asking prices and what not. You must have a lot of extra time on your hands.

I take it you're referring to me since you "quoted" me. How do you know if i'm in distress or not? Did we ever speak personally to one another? Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. Maybe you should go back and re-read a few threads. And if I "pounced" on you, then you're pretty fragile.

I do agree with your statement about new cars that depreciate rapidly. How do you think I was able to buy a KR? I only got the car 4 months ago.

The only thing I question is your motive for hanging in a KR forum (with no intention of ever buying one) and shitting on the asking prices and what not. You must have a lot of extra time on your hands.

Hope you enjoy your KR. Enjoy and be safe.

Thanks, and same to you in whatever car you end up getting.

Actaully open to different options at this point. The KR in my mind is far and away the best looking of the 500s.

Had the fabulous opportunity to drive an '07 with the TVS and was really blown away with how strong the car was. Absolutely docile in traffic and crazy fast when you lay into it. I have to do the TVS on whatever year or model I come up with. Your KR would be the a real sick piece with one of those on tap!

Archived