TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to pull the trigger on a GT500

Soon2beGT500

Ok so ive finally come down to a 2008 GT500 black with stripe delete, 688 miles 1 owner. Car was built on 12/13/07. Deffinatly has the pre tsb clutch/flywheel. Bumper to bumper warranty is good until 1/19/2011. Dealer Wants 38,500 and there willing to give me over 1k on my trade in OVER excellent condition for my car!! Going to fiance about 33,500. Monthly payments wont be terrible. What do you guys think?

Ok so ive finally come down to a 2008 GT500 black with stripe delete, 688 miles 1 owner. Car was built on 12/13/07. Deffinatly has the pre tsb clutch/flywheel. Bumper to bumper warranty is good until 1/19/2011. Dealer Wants 38,500 and there willing to give me over 1k on my trade in OVER excellent condition for my car!! Going to fiance about 33,500. Monthly payments wont be terrible. What do you guys think?

do it...

Have you looked for a new 09 with the post TSB? You should be able to pick one up for 10% over your current offer. Check out e-bay.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked for a new 09 with the post TSB? You should be able to pick one up for 10% over your current offer. Check out e-bay.

Very low production numbers on stripe delete, sounds good. If it has a rocker stripe its not stripe delete.

A lot of people are making a big deal on the clutch TSB, which they should, when buying a new car everything should be right!

But you know how easy it is to put in an aftermarket clutch and flywheel? Let the dealership fix it if they can, if they can't get it right after the second time .......aftermarket!

Used to have a 72 Mach1 and myself and a buddy of mine rebuilt the top loader 4 speed in my garage., new synchros and I broke a tooth on second gear.

Archived