TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 KR for sale

Can you link us to the post or the specifics from 1badsho about the $40K KR. Anyone can post and say what they want but theres a difference between BS and facts.

To each his own. Some will like pick the new 2011 GT500 over the remaining KRs. Granted while the 2011s may have a number of improvements the 2012s will have improvements over them and so on and so on and so on...........................with each model year seeing 5000 to 7000 units produced. They will be as ubiquitous as grass blades on your front lawn.

One thing about the KR. There is only 1600 of them. When they are gone they are gone. They will stand out in a sea of Mustangs.

In my book in a choice between a new 2011 GT500 and a KR $55K to $60K the smart money is on the KR. :yup:

+1 :shift:

Can you link us to the post or the specifics from 1badsho about the $40K KR. Anyone can post and say what they want but theres a difference between BS and facts.

To each his own. Some will like pick the new 2011 GT500 over the remaining KRs. Granted while the 2011s may have a number of improvements the 2012s will have improvements over them and so on and so on and so on...........................with each model year seeing 5000 to 7000 units produced. They will be as ubiquitous as grass blades on your front lawn.

One thing about the KR. There is only 1600 of them. When they are gone they are gone. They will stand out in a sea of Mustangs.

In my book in a choice between a new 2011 GT500 and a KR $55K to $60K the smart money is on the KR. :yup:

I posted high 40's not 40 even. Why not PM 1badsho if it is that much importance to you. I am not here to do homework for you and don't need to be called a BSer. You think 60 grand for a nearly 3 year old Mustang is a good deal then go for it and good luck with your investment, you'll need it.

Hey....last I check guys are still paying $100K and more for 30 and 40 year old Mustangs and prior to the economy guys were paying $100K for KRs. I do think 60K for a 3 year old, very limited production pre title production Shelby Mustang with an original list of over $83K was a decent deal. Yup.

I'm not saying you are a BSr. I'm saying the the claim that a KR sold in the high $40s seems like BS and since you were the one to bring it to our attention here it seems that you or badsho were the ones to provide the info as to the KR that sold in high $40K range. If you don't want to thats fine. I'm not that interested in it to chase 1badsho for the "facts" backing up the claim either.

Oh...I'm not banking on the KR as an investment. Don't need to, thanks. I bought it because I love it and if it goes up again in value thats just icing on the cake of owning an awesome car.

Hey....last I check guys are still paying $100K and more for 30 and 40 year old Mustangs and prior to the economy guys were paying $100K for KRs. I do think 60K for a 3 year old, very limited production pre title production Shelby Mustang with an original list of over $83K was a decent deal. Yup.

I'm not saying you are a BSr. I'm saying the the claim that a KR sold in the high $40s seems like BS and since you were the one to bring it to our attention here it seems that you or badsho were the ones to provide the info as to the KR that sold in high $40K range. If you don't want to thats fine. I'm not that interested in it to chase 1badsho for the "facts" backing up the claim either.

Oh...I'm not banking on the KR as an investment. Don't need to, thanks. I bought it because I love it and if it goes up again in value thats just icing on the cake of owning an awesome car.

There have been numerous reports of KRs now selling in the low 50s on this and other Ford enthusiast forums. Why would a high 40s # be so hard for you to believe? The remaining KRs are surely going to see a further price beat down when the 11s are center stage.

There have been numerous reports of KRs now selling in the low 50s on this and other Ford enthusiast forums. Why would a high 40s # be so hard for you to believe? The remaining KRs are surely going to see a further price beat down when the 11s are center stage.

If the value of the 08-09 falls further, it will be because of the economy and direct reflection. The 011's are nice but they aren't building 07-09 body style again, the KR has it all including the looks. The goal for any car manufacturer is to keep making them better, otherwise why buy new. No doubt the 011 will out perform past GT500's per design, it won't have the exclusivity that comes with the CSM tag on a KR or the looks of a 07-09 GT500. You can always add an aluminum block and electronic power assisted rack and pinion, can't shave a big but so easy.

If the value of the 08-09 falls further, it will be because of the economy and direct reflection. The 011's are nice but they aren't building 07-09 body style again, the KR has it all including the looks. The goal for any car manufacturer is to keep making them better, otherwise why buy new. No doubt the 011 will out perform past GT500's per design, it won't have the exclusivity that comes with the CSM tag on a KR or the looks of a 07-09 GT500. You can always add an aluminum block and electronic power assisted rack and pinion, can't shave a big but so easy.

Yeah, and if the economy falls further can we still blame it on Bush?

Mid to low 50s in dead of winter in a bad economy is believeable. But high 40s?. Maybe we might get there if things get worse but if KRs are selling at or have sold at that now I just wanted to know where and the specifics.

And...if new KRs start selling in the 40s becasue of the economy you will likely see dealers taking cost on new 2011 GT500s and other performance cars.

I predict a up tick in prices in the Spring.

How does $53500 with 1035 miles never titled in service warranty date 11/08 sound ? RED

Not a bad deal actually.

Im currently working with a forum member on a Torch Red 2008 KR and have gotten the dealer to accept a $53500 which also includes there dealer adm fee. This car is in the showroom .. 18 miles

This car should be sold by weeks end but my buyer is having second thoughts on the color so if he definitly decides against it .... if someone is looking for a great deal ... BUY THIS CAR :happy feet: :happy feet:

If you take the equation of personal preference out ... I totally agree with you. The KR what ever you think of the original asking price is a very limited production car.

This car will hold its value better than a GT500 of any year. THEY DONT MAKE EM ANY MORE !!! ..... Red and BLue being the least made. For all of 2008 there is only 1 Vista blue for sale in the mid 50's Red was the second lowest production with black and silver being the most predominat colors made in 08 and 09

The car in question is legit. It was a 2008 torch red KR. The owner of the car bought it himself. I was aware of the car but thought it was bogus. The forum member had his brother look at the car at the dealer in question and it was legit and bought it. Best deal to date on a brand new KR for just under $50k. Car was bought in Texas. If someone starts snooping for someone who just bought a red KR in texas ... you will find the owner ... its not that difficult.

The best deal I have found scuring the country side is a 2008 torch red KR fpr $53500 ... Most dealers u call will have this car for sale in the high 50's low 60's.

FWIW ... this 08 torch red may be available ... my client may want me to find him a different color.

Most 09 KR's are going for $60k not $50K . I found a 08 with 1035 miles for around $53500 but no others even close to that. There's a 08 on ebay bid @ $62k but reserve not met. I am buying the 08 passed up a 10 MSRP $52.000 for $49.000 To high. Sits to high and not crazy about the rear and does not sound like a KR. I sure hope Shelby does not make any KR's in the future !!! The 2011 should help lower the price on 2010 GT500's

Most 09 KR's are going for $60k not $50K . I found a 08 with 1035 miles for around $53500 but no others even close to that. There's a 08 on ebay bid @ $61k but reserve not met. I am buying the 08 passed up a 10 MSRP $52.000 for $49.000 To high. Sits to high and not crazy about the rear and does not sound like a KR. I sure hope Shelby does not make any KR's in the future !!! The 2011 should help lower the price on 2010 GT500's

+1

When I lowered the price on our 09 Black KR to 63K I had four people racing to buy it first. A TS member is driving it now.

I have access to two 09 Kr's one is Blue and the other Black both are new, I will post price and pics very soon.

Thanks,

Tom

Most 09 KR's are going for $60k not $50K . I found a 08 with 1035 miles for around $53500 but no others even close to that. There's a 08 on ebay bid @ $62k but reserve not met. I am buying the 08 passed up a 10 MSRP $52.000 for $49.000 To high. Sits to high and not crazy about the rear and does not sound like a KR. I sure hope Shelby does not make any KR's in the future !!! The 2011 should help lower the price on 2010 GT500's

Don't confuse asking or reserve #s as selling prices, they can be wildly different. the '08s are soon to be 3 year old cars rotting on the vine.

Don't confuse asking or reserve #s as selling prices, they can be wildly different. the '08s are soon to be 3 year old cars rotting on the vine.

When i see bids @ $59K -62K then these cars will sell off ebay when listing ends. You won't see the results cause they sold as a private sale.Don't you confuse selling off ebay to completed items. Most dealers sell 90% of ebay listing as private sells . Ebay a good place for a buyer to locate a car.

When i see bids @ $59K -62K then these cars will sell off ebay when listing ends. You won't see the results cause they sold as a private sale.Don't you confuse selling off ebay to completed items. Most dealers sell 90% of ebay listing as private sells . Ebay a good place for a buyer to locate a car.

Here are 2 KRs on Ebay that have actual bids from the public. '09, New 15 miles, 19 bids high bid is $45,088.00 with 2 hrs left. Another '09, 53 miles, new with 5 bids highest of which is $45,100.00. These are a far cry from the 60 grand that you "feel" they are selling for. You are giving out some bad info dude.

Here are 2 KRs on Ebay that have actual bids from the public. '09, New 15 miles, 19 bids high bid is $45,088.00 with 2 hrs left. Another '09, 53 miles, new with 5 bids highest of which is $45,100.00. These are a far cry from the 60 grand that you "feel" they are selling for. You are giving out some bad info dude.

I said dude when you have 59K to 62K bids these car might sell as private sells. I DID not say all bids no matter the price sell. Why don't you pm tglockner if you need better advice.

• 1 month later...

A local Ford dealer has a brand new '09 Black KR (#557) listed for just under $66K...how much lower can he go before he cries "No Mas!"???

Price is relative ..... its all about motivation ... and every dealer is different. Trust me when I say this .. I get alot of hot dealers that tell me no thanks when I advise them I can sell there car but they have to sell it for the mid 50's.

Just sold another KR .. 2008 Torch Red to a member in Ga ... $52000 plus tax and plates .... SWEEEEEEETTTT :happy feet:

Price is relative ..... its all about motivation ... and every dealer is different. Trust me when I say this .. I get alot of hot dealers that tell me no thanks when I advise them I can sell there car but they have to sell it for the mid 50's.

Just sold another KR .. 2008 Torch Red to a member in Ga ... $52000 plus tax and plates .... SWEEEEEEETTTT :happy feet:

Congrats to you...I might see if the dealer will take $58K out the door.

Archived