TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a GT500 - price too cheap to ignore

75coug

I bought a 150-mile 2007 GT500 vert this past weekend. The seller (a new car dealership) kept dropping the price, and when he reached $35,000, I could no longer resist. It is red and has the stripe-delete option, making it somewhat unique looking. I really prefer the look of the rocker stripes, but oh well.

Congrats! My car was a hold-over too. I didn't get THAT good a price on it, but it only had 56 miles on it. Have fun with it!

I was a bit ambiguous in my initial post. My car was not a holdover. Rather, someone had purchased it new and stored it away, never driving it. After the years had passed, he decided to trade it in on a new Jaguar, which is where I found it. Thus, it was a used car, despite having only 150 miles.

The funny part about this is that when I bought my Shelby GT a couple of years ago, it was also used, but had only 300 miles on it.

So would a 2008 with 650 miles for 38,500 be a good deal?! AND giving me a grand over bluebook on my trade? per excellent condition of kbb....im SO ready to pull the trigger on this car..

Don't walk to the dealer - RUN :happy feet:

note you might want to check which flywheel it has

I bought a 150-mile 2007 GT500 vert this past weekend. The seller (a new car dealership) kept dropping the price, and when he reached $35,000, I could no longer resist. It is red and has the stripe-delete option, making it somewhat unique looking. I really prefer the look of the rocker stripes, but oh well.

Congrats on the new addition to your family. And also to a great job on the final price. Be sure to register your Shelby at: http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Steve

Archived