TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Global Warming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eastern U.S sees " Ice Box " conditions.

Its way past time. Whay has anyone NOT wanted a investigation in to the ClimateGate. Read this Article.

The sky is falling the sky is falling. Yea RIGHT. This is NOT political.Only some can make it that way. Well what do you think.

God works in Mysteries ways to prove a point If you know what I mean. You got everthing up top except spell check. Can you work on that happy%20feet.gif

Hurricane Chief: Probe Climategate

Sunday, 03 Jan 2010 05:11 PM Article Font Size plus.jpgminus.jpg

A former director of the National Hurricane Center called Sunday for an investigation into the "scientific debauchery revealed by 'Climategate,'" citing the way global warming skeptics have been marginalized by the mainstream media.

The emails not only are troubling because of what they reveal about how some scientists played with data, according to Neil Frank, who directed the National Hurricane Center for over a decade, but for the flawed assumptions they make about the role of CO2's effects on warming. Frank called for the investigation Sunday in an article in the Houston Chronicle.

Climategate is the scandal that began when hackers penetrated the computers of the Climate Research Unit, or CRU, of the United Kingdom's University of East Anglia, exposing thousands of e-mails and other documents. One of the top climate research centers in the world, CRU has been the source for much of the evidence supporting climate change theory.

But any of the exchanges were between top mainstream climate scientists in Britain and the U.S. in the emails suggested that data that didn't support the global warming theory was being altered or ignored.

"Among the more troubling revelations were data adjustments enhancing the perception that man is causing global warming through the release of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other atmospheric greenhouse gases," wrote Frank, who was director of the National Hurricane Center from 1974 to 1987.

"Particularly disturbing was the way the core IPCC scientists (the believers) marginalized the skeptics of the theory that man-made global warming is large and potentially catastrophic," Frank wrote. "The e-mails document that the attack on the skeptics was twofold. First, the believers gained control of the main climate-profession journals. This allowed them to block publication of papers written by the skeptics and prohibit unfriendly peer review of their own papers. Second, the skeptics were demonized through false labeling and false accusations."

The science isn't settled, Frank wrote, despite what "climate alarmists" would lead you to believe. They also attack skeptics by painting them as tools of Big Oil or questioning their qualifications. But they are "numerous and well qualified," Frank wrote.

"Several years ago two scientists at the University of Oregon became so concerned about the overemphasis on man-made global warming that they put a statement on their Web site and asked for people's endorsement; 32,000 have signed the petition, including more than 9,000 Ph.Ds. More than 700 scientists have endorsed a 231-page Senate minority report that questions man-made global warming. The Heartland Institute has recently sponsored three international meetings for skeptics. More than 800 scientists heard 80 presentations in March," Frank wrote.

"They endorsed an 881-page document, created by 40 authors with outstanding academic credentials, that challenges the most recent publication by the IPCC. The IPCC panel's report strongly concludes that man is causing global warming through the release of carbon dioxide."

"Last year 60 German scientists sent a letter to Chancellor Angela Merkel urging her to 'strongly reconsider' her position supporting man-made global warming. Sixty scientists in Canada took similar action. Recently, when the American Physical Society published its support for man-made global warming, 200 of its members objected and demanded that the membership be polled to determine the APS' true position."

The skeptics do agree that the Earth has been warming since the end of a Little Ice Age around 1850. But they question the cause, Frank wrote. Believers think the warming is created by man, but skeptics believe the warming is natural and contributions from man are minimal and certainly not potentially catastrophic.

And skeptics argue that CO2 is not a pollutant but vital for plant life. They cite numerous field experiments that have confirmed that higher levels of CO2 are positive for agricultural productivity. Carbon dioxide is a very minor greenhouse gas, they believe. More than 90 percent of the warming from greenhouse gases is caused by water vapor. If you are going to change the temperature of the globe, it must involve water vapor.

Finally, skeptics believe that climate models are grossly over predicting future warming from rising concentrations of carbon dioxide, Frank wrote. "We are being told that numerical models that cannot make accurate 5- to 10-day forecasts can be simplified and run forward for 100 years with results so reliable you can impose an economic disaster on the U.S. and the world," he added.

"Climategate reveals how predetermined political agendas shaped science rather than the other way around. It is high time to question the true agenda of the scientists now on the hot seat and to bring skeptics back into the public debate," he concluded.

Ours too, although our summer was WAY hotter than normal. almost 60 days of 100 degrees or better. Old record was 37 days. Thats a big jump from 37 to 58!

I dont know about "global warming" but I think the climate is certainly changing, both colder and hotter. The question is why...headscratch.gif

Yeah, this globale warming has got to stop.......we need to pump Billions $$ more into fixing it...........I am sweating like a pig here in Tallahassee. Dang man it is 21 degrees here, when is it going to cool down, i;m burnning up. I have to go take a cold shower to cool off now.

We got 1.5 " of snow in the San Francisco bay area about 3 weeks ago. It's still cold day and night. Is this weather phenomena caused by global warming??

ceswert,

The current weather conditions are the result of normal long term (relative to our lifespan) cycles. For example, if you've been in the SF Bay Area for 4 decades or so, you'll remember the December freeze of 71 when 1,000's of eucalyptus trees (native to Australia) in the Berkeley Hills range died because of the extended low temperatures in the 20's that lasted for approximately 10-14 days. It took years to cut them all down (you can still see evidence of this in Tilden Regional Park). Then in the summer of 76 (June/July), we had a 30+ day run of over 100 degree temperatures in the East Bay. We've had snow before (I'm almost embarrassed to call it snow compared to what the East Coast is currently experiencing) and we'll see it again. More recently, you'll remember the summer of 2006 when we hit 114 degrees during a 10 day run. We've also had summers when it never got over 100 because the fog was socked in most days. Yeah, these are the bookend extremes in the SFBA, and everything in between is what we consider "normal". I just don't buy the "global warming gospel". Climate change, absolutely! The world's climate is constantly changing, always has... always will.

No, NO, NO,..........it's not Global Warming anymore............the "in" thing now is the new Ice Age is comming.

:confused:

In Orlando- low 30's and expected to get into the mid to high 20 tonite. 6 days so far and not even into the 60's for a high and 4-5 more predicted. In 27 years in Florida I have never seen a run like this. Before it might hit the 30's for a couple nights and on a few occasions 20's but always right back to the 60 70 and some days the low 80's. I know this is nothing compared to what some of you have up north so I shouldn't wine too much but this sucks if your not used to it. I grew up in Illinois and the cold was just a part of life, but now that I am used to the warm it is harder to take. Does your blood really thin out when you have been in the heat for so long or is it just too many mixed drinks out by the pool?

Florida is NOT supposed to get cold like this. Farmers our worried that they R going to lose most of there crops. This is not a political post. what is going on. We can see this with R own two eyes. Some thing is wrong with all this BS about warming. The more and more evidence that comes out about all the emails and about some that R pushing this Idea is committing fraud on the american people.Seems U.S.A and Brittian and others R using this scare to dominate us to be able to charge us for breathing and farting by charging a carbondioxide tax ( Carbon tax). I hope that some one steps up and does a full investigation on this hoax.

What excuse R the global warming bunch saying about this weather that some places R having.?

Oyea I love it when GOD exsposes the truth and shows everyone that God is still on the thrown and that God is still in control. Remember Only a fool says there is NO God.

http://www.msnbc.msn...2526/ns/weather

Eastern U.S sees " Ice Box " conditions.

Its way past time. Whay has anyone NOT wanted a investigation in to the ClimateGate. Read this Article.

The sky is falling the sky is falling. Yea RIGHT. This is NOT political.Only some can make it that way. Well what do you think.

God works in Mysteries ways to prove a point If you know what I mean. You got everthing up top except spell check. Can you work on that happy%20feet.gif

Hurricane Chief: Probe Climategate

"Climategate reveals how predetermined political agendas shaped science rather than the other way around. It is high time to question the true agenda of the scientists now on the hot seat and to bring skeptics back into the public debate," he concluded.

*They (NBC or CBS) found an old National Weather Report from 1922 saying they thought all of the North & South Pole was meltinig, noticeably; funny then all the ice Miraculously reappeared in the 40's, Global Warming is normal, politicians are using it & healthcare for all their special interest groups

Pollution on the other hand is real, like dumping etc

Archived