TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt stock, camber!

Hey Swedeman, good to see you on here again! I installed the Ingall's camber bolts and my mechanic said they were the best design he has seen so far...the dealer had been using the Roush setup and he said that it was difficult to get a good alignment with them...He liked the way the Ingall's bolts installed and said they were very easy to adjust to achieve proper alignment...I'm happy with them...I went with stock GT camber setting of +.08 which eliminates the negative camber and puts it slightly on the positive side...not much, and raises the front of the car just a hair too...It drives well, I've run it up to 130 and it still feels good...Did I mention that I'm Happy With Them??? LOL Plus, it was a LOT cheaper than the caster/camber plates...

Carl

Ya I am still around...just can't buy anything else that compares to the Shelby.

Is there any residual noise with the Ingall's like the MM has? From what your post said it does not sound like it. Thanks for the input these MM's are coming off, nice product but the added noise is not for me.

Thanks Carl.

Dave

Ya I am still around...just can't buy anything else that compares to the Shelby.

Is there any residual noise with the Ingall's like the MM has? From what your post said it does not sound like it. Thanks for the input these MM's are coming off, nice product but the added noise is not for me.

Thanks Carl.

Dave

No additional noise at all that I have detected...The Ingall's bolts replace the top bolt in each strut.

My mod bug has been severely limited since I lost my job last March...Still looking for a new one...

With only 1100 miles, you are not going to notice any wear. But, when you get upwards of 20K miles, you will definately notice the wear. And NO, the suspension can NOT be adjusted back to normal specs without either the camber bolts OR Caster/Camber Plates. It is NOT a warranty issue. SA just lowered the cars and did NOT attempt any alignment on the cars...They should have in my opinion, but without the camber bolts or caster/camber plates, they could not have got the alignment back into stock specs. The camber bolts are cheap, $19.99 from Ingall's on Ebay...if you're not racing, these are the cheapest and easiest way to bring the car back into spec alignment.

Hope this helps,

Carl

Carl,

Are these the bolts you're referring to?:

http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?year=2007&make=54&model=688&bbpart=Cam%20Bolt%20Kit

Thanks,

John

Carl,

http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?year=2007&make=54&model=688&bbpart=Cam%20Bolt%20Kit

Thanks,

John

Hey Carl - Are these the bolts, I want to know as well? FYI - The Maximum Motorsports camber caster plates are extremely good for track use but for the everyday driver they are very noisy and totally different from the way my car used to sound which was quiet for the most part. So if you want track stuff go MM, if not don't go with MM, you'll be sorry you did.

Let me know Carl if these are the bolts you were refering to? And I hope your employment situation come back around very soon.

Carl,

Thanks,

John

John,

Here is the link to the kit that I bought...

Ingalls Engineering Camber Kigt

I used one bolt in the top of each strut, and it brought my SGT back into perfect allignment.

Hope that helps,

Carl

John,

I used one bolt in the top of each strut, and it brought my SGT back into perfect allignment.

Hope that helps,

Carl

Wait a minute!!

I bought the camber plates from the Shelby Store.

Your telling me that they will create a new noise while driving?

John,

Hope that helps,

Carl

That helps a lot,

Thanks, Carl.

John

Wait a minute!!

I bought the camber plates from the Shelby Store.

Your telling me that they will create a new noise while driving?

I wasn't sure who makes the plates that Shelby is selling, so I looked at them on line, and it looks like they are the Maximum Motorsports plates and apparently they produce a lot of noise, because everyone who has added them has said they are very noisy....

If you are not racing the car, I would suggest using just the Camber bolts and be done with it...even with the Camber bolts, you can revert it back to negative camber if you decide to go racing...I had a set of Caster/Camber plates put on my 96 GT, but it was only because the caster was out on the left side from an accident before I purchased the car...once I put the Caster/Camber plates on the car, we were able to get the alignment back into specs and the car drove much better....if you don't have caster problems, the bolts should work just fine for you...

I wasn't sure who makes the plates that Shelby is selling, so I looked at them on line, and it looks like they are the Maximum Motorsports plates and apparently they produce a lot of noise, because everyone who has added them has said they are very noisy....

If you are not racing the car, I would suggest using just the Camber bolts and be done with it...even with the Camber bolts, you can revert it back to negative camber if you decide to go racing...I had a set of Caster/Camber plates put on my 96 GT, but it was only because the caster was out on the left side from an accident before I purchased the car...once I put the Caster/Camber plates on the car, we were able to get the alignment back into specs and the car drove much better....if you don't have caster problems, the bolts should work just fine for you...

Yep, those are the ones I bought.

Think someone here on TS would buy them off me?

I saw the bolts from a posting on here, very interesting. Glad they work.

I don't plan to race the car, I paid too much for it.

Thank you.

Yep, those are the ones I bought.

Think someone here on TS would buy them off me?

I saw the bolts from a posting on here, very interesting. Glad they work.

I don't plan to race the car, I paid too much for it.

Thank you.

You can always post them for sale in the classified section on here...someone may be interested in them....you might also try posting in the GT500 classified as well...

Good Luck,

Carl

Update: The MM caster/camber plates still make noise but seem to have settled in (a lot less noisy). The car's wheels are in perfect alignment. But if I had to do it over again I would just use the Ingalls Bolts, because I don't track the car.

Archived