TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need your opinions, advice on wheels

gassman

Getting some 20s for mostly looks and keeping the stockers for perf. (getting rear stockers widened to 11' for the strip'). I have come down to 2 wheels. see below

1. STEEDA Spyder, the rears are 11'' at 32lbs, fronts are 9.5'' at 29lbs lighter than the shelby CS40

e6wvpe.jpg

2. Shelby CS40 black/machined face, Like these since they are "shelby" product, but rears are 10'' and 33lbs

2qsw1ah.jpg

I have CS40's in black. Everywhere i go. People say "Hey love the wheels". How big are they. I say 20's. They say, they don't look that big. As for weight. One pound ether way isn't going to make any difference. Carroll did an awesome job on the CS40 design. I run Nitto DR's and they fit 10 inch wide wheels perfect. If you going to run a tire bigger then 305/35/20 then id get Steeda wheels. If not then the Shelby's wheels looks awesome and with DR's you can pull low 1.7's at the track. Maybe even a little lower on a good track day.. One vote for CS40's with DR's. People stand at attention and :salute: when you pull up with CS40's........ :hysterical:

where are the Steeda's made?? I'm sure the Shelby's are China so if Steeda's are U.S. then that's my answer............if both China, I'd still go Steeda as they are 11's. vs 10's

I agree. We had a member a few years ago receive his Shelby rims, I don't remember which model, and he was disappointed that they were made in China.

I have CS40's in black. Everywhere i go. People say "Hey love the wheels". How big are they. I say 20's. They say, they don't look that big. As for weight. One pound ether way isn't going to make any difference. Carroll did an awesome job on the CS40 design. I run Nitto DR's and they fit 10 inch wide wheels perfect. If you going to run a tire bigger then 305/35/20 then id get Steeda wheels. If not then the Shelby's wheels looks awesome and with DR's you can pull low 1.7's at the track. Maybe even a little lower on a good track day.. One vote for CS40's with DR's. People stand at attention and :salute: when you pull up with CS40's........ :hysterical:

If it's not to much, could you post a pic of your wheels.

I agree. We had a member a few years ago receive his Shelby rims, I don't remember which model, and he was disappointed that they were made in China.

Heck, dang near everything we buy is made in China :rant2:

There is a gentleman on this site that was probably the first guy on the web to buy a set of used 2010 GT500 19" rims from a 2010 owner and mount them on his '07-'09 (don't remember which year). He posted up some photos, and one of them clearly said 'made in China' inside the wheel...

Tob

On edit...year not rear

When it comes to wheels. Cars can look a lot different depending on your mods. Take a good look at mine. I painted, mirrors, lower rear bumper, rockers, hood grills, front splitter, all black and I'm going to paint both upper and lower grills all black. So black inserts on my wheels looks good and ties it all in. I still want to install some new stripes. SS style with black in the middle and blue on each side of middle stripe. I was looking at Alcoa's when i bought mine. If they would of had black inserts. Then i would of bought Alcoa's. Just didn't want an all chrome wheel for my car. I did consider having the centers power coated black. By then i would have to much money in a single piece wheel. On your car Alcoa's should look good.

Just another opinion, but fake bolts on a one piece or two piece wheel are pretty lame. Nothing wrong with a good looking cast rim, but leave the poseur stiff for the teens. What's next, fake carbon fiber? :redcard:

Guess its no worse then our fake leather interiors. That's made in Mexico.....

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Shelby wheels better than the Steedas.

The Steeda wheel has a rawness to it that I don't like.

The CS40 wheel is more elegantly finished.

Thats my thoughts exactly, the steedas are raw and aggresive looking and the cs40's are more refined but they are very similar also. Its funny that these wheels are the same 3 I have been debating also. I like the Spyders, cs40's and alcoas but the spyder has the other two beat if you want a meaty tire being there 9.5 and 11's

Archived