TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can You Really Get 15 MPG Around Town?

lawdude

You must have a high fun factor. :)

I have a little over 300 miles on my vert. I had the chance to drive for about a month prior to storing away in the Garage. I had a VERY HIGH FUN FACTOR. I think my car became every kids dream in the neighborhood. I don't think I became the hit of my peers...as my FUN FACTOR was high. I think I finally got it out of my system...until someone eggs me on!

I hopefully will see some higher MPG soon!

• 5 weeks later...

. . . but the fun factor decreases by an order of magnitude. I can just about guarantee I won't be getting 15 mpg around town. hysterical.gif

Leisure driving I avg. about 16-17 mpg, Spirited runs are more like 10-12 mpg

I be driving now with the new 2010 JLT Performance tune + 2.6 Metco Supercharger pulley and Metco Auxiliary Idler Pulley Kit with Double Bearing around 19.6 up to 20.9 MPG and if I drive bad then still 17 to 18.6 MPG.

ok, I get 22 avg. I drive ridiculous and I floor all the time. If I hit a straight away when i'm clear out in the open and nobody else is around, I push it hard around 130-140 and I regrettably do so quite frequently. I have had doubts about my meter because I was getting 9 mpg average in my 2008 driving the way I do now, but I calculated it and that is what I get. I only use shell gas and I add octane booster. And I am running full stock normal power and no tune. 2000 miles - I think the octane booster might be what is doing it. I dont know if there is a big difference between different brands of gas but Shell is the only brand who seems to show any interest in quality.

Am averaging about 20 mpg and drive somewhat assertively where it is easy to hit 50-60 in 2nd but deaccel and cruise at 35-40 in 3rd or 4th, but also have racked it up to about 125 in 4th on remote FM roads a few times just to see how the car handles. The shift light and tone I barely notice and hear so have ended up hitting the rev limiter at least a dozen times already. Only using 91 octane Shell gas, stock power and tune.

ok, I get 22 avg. I drive ridiculous and I floor all the time. If I hit a straight away when i'm clear out in the open and nobody else is around, I push it hard around 130-140 and I regrettably do so quite frequently. I have had doubts about my meter because I was getting 9 mpg average in my 2008 driving the way I do now, but I calculated it and that is what I get. I only use shell gas and I add octane booster. And I am running full stock normal power and no tune. 2000 miles - I think the octane booster might be what is doing it. I dont know if there is a big difference between different brands of gas but Shell is the only brand who seems to show any interest in quality.

Archived